Marcus Henry - 6'4, 212 pounds, 4.5 40 time, only 23 years of age...

Bleed4TheGreen

This kid could be special, just watch these youtube video's and come up with your own thoughts on his overall talents, I already have mine about this kid.

Am I saying that Marcus Henry will be the next Keyshawn who was also 6'4? Or the next Braylor Edwards, Brandon Marshall or Randy Moss type of WR? No, but I am saying that we do have a tall WR already on this roster, and who knows...Maybe this has been the reason for the Jets not going after Marshall, Burress and Edwards with guns blazing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLure-TQgZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biXnh7QJkzA&feature=PlayList&p=AB6EF9C748178FE1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=35

Also, pay close attention to the 2nd youtube video...Watch, as SOON as he hits the 45 yards line, he's gone...Just watch the type of acceleration and power he has AS SOON as he hits the 45 yard line.

When a WR is 6'4 with a 40 yard time of 4.5....Thats super fast for a man that size, with that type of leg stride because when he gets up to full speed (Takes longer than a smaller WR) You aint catching him.

Did this kid even see the field last year?

To the best of my knowledge he never saw the active roster.

He was on the team roster in weeks 1-2. Then they waived him, then after clearing waivers they signed him to the practice squad.

So far, the most interesting thing about him is that he has a 5'8" tall twin brother.

The amazing thing to me, after reading these posts, is how he missed the pro-bowl last year...

Whats wrong with poining out the fact that we have a 2nd year player on the team who's 6'4 with some solid speed? He also did great with his playing time in the East-West game entering the draft.

Colston was an undrafted talent, The Saints took a chance because they needed a big WR, he was also 6'4. I'm pretty sure fans of the Saints made comments such as the post you just made, after a Saint fan made a post about Colston in the same way as I did about Henry.

So far, the most interesting thing about him is that he has a 5'8" tall twin brother.

wow, thats crazy...Maybe his brother worked out heavy as a kid, before his bones were done developing and that could have stunt his growth? Who knows, but I remember I went to High School and knew these two spanish girls, twins...One was around 5'9-the other was only about 5'1 because she was in gymnastics since a little girl, gymnastics has the potential to stunt growth also

The amazing thing to me, after reading these posts, is how he missed the pro-bowl last year...

That sentence under your username is probably the most accurate thing I have ever seen on the internet in my entire life. I love people who accept themselves for who they really are.

This kid could be special, just watch these youtube video's and come up with your own thoughts on his overall talents, I already have mine about this kid.

Am I saying that Marcus Henry will be the next Keyshawn who was also 6'4? Or the next Braylor Edwards, Brandon Marshall or Randy Moss type of WR? No, but I am saying that we do have a tall WR already on this roster, and who knows...Maybe this has been the reason for the Jets not going after Marshall, Burress and Edwards with guns blazing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biXnh7QJkzA&feature=PlayList&p=AB6EF9C748178FE1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=35

Also, pay close attention to the 2nd youtube video...Watch, as SOON as he hits the 45 yards line, he's gone...Just watch the type of acceleration and power he has AS SOON as he hits the 45 yard line.

When a WR is 6'4 with a 40 yard time of 4.5....Thats super fast for a man that size, with that type of leg stride because when he gets up to full speed (Takes longer than a smaller WR) You aint catching him.

I'm going to guess you are 10 years younger than Marcus Henry, based on the immaturity of your post.

Just because a guy can tear up the college level, does not mean a translation into the pros.

The Big 12 isn't exactly made up of the fastest players, Texas Tech was amazing until they faced SEC speed and then they looked like a high school team.

Oklahoma was just outmatched by Florida, they gave it everything they had but couldn't do it.

Show me Marcus beating press coverage, then I'm intrigued, since they don't run it often in college i doubt you will

Bleed4, thanks for the vids very interesting. MAYBE he can be good for the Jets.

His twin brother being 5'8" means they are fraternal twins, not identicle twins. (very different)

You clowns want to hammer Bleed4 for sharing this POV should get a life. Oh wait, you already have one that sux...........

Bleed4, thanks for the vids very interesting. MAYBE he can be good for the Jets.

His twin brother being 5'8" means they are fraternal twins, not identicle twins. (very different)

You clowns want to hammer Bleed4 for sharing this POV should get a life. Oh wait, you already have one that sux...........

oh_snap.gif

I'm going to guess you are 10 years younger than Marcus Henry, based on the immaturity of your post.

O.K says the guy with the Ninja-Turtle avatar on a football site who's 22 years old. (I'm actually a couple years older than you)

Just because a guy can tear up the college level, does not mean a translation into the pros.

When did I say anything about Henry's college career? Never. I did mention how he had a really srtong East-West shrine game, if you actually took the time to watch it...You would know what I'm talking about.

The Big 12 isn't exactly made up of the fastest players, Texas Tech was amazing until they faced SEC speed and then they looked like a high school team.
How does this have anything to do with Marcus Henry? Do all Offensive players have to come out of the "SEC" just to show case their speed @ the NFL level? No. Marcus Henry may not have 4.2-4.3 type of speed, but he's a 6-4 athlete that runs a 4.5 40 yard dash and thats impressive @ 200+ pounds.

Show me Marcus beating press coverage, then I'm intrigued, since they don't run it often in college i doubt you will

You think David Clowney @ 6'0, 188 punds has the size to beat press coverage? I'll take my chances with Marcus Henry who's 6'4, 212 pounds any day of the week.

Am I saying that he's great? No, I'm just pointing out the fact that we have a big body WR with potential. I'm pulling for Stuckey, I'm pulling for WR's such as Wright but I just feel Stuckey/Clowney are built for the Slot. This WR could be a real sleeper that most of us know nothing about.

the thing is B4TG is that we haven't heard one good word coming from any of the coaches, beat writers OR Jets fans who post on the boards about Henry. If he was showing anything at all we would have heard about it.

WTHBS I give all of our 08 rookie class a do-over because of Mangini's obvious (to me anyway) bullying of said rookie class.

Don't let the whiney bitches of the world get you down. I enjoyed the thread and the links the highlights. He may turn out to be nothing, or he could develop into a quality receiver. No one really knows. Not even people here on this board who think they know everything about football ;)

I didnt even know he was still on the team. Maybe he'll show something this year.

LOL@ JBRO and his Twitter based Clowney hate ( the guy is highly annoying on Twitter, I dont blame you)

I'm just praying that we have another legit receiver besides Cotchery. I don't care if it's Marcus Henry, Chansi Stuckey, Brad Smith, or David Clowney.

I want us to be comfortable by week 8 with another receiver. Personally, I'll put my money on my boy Stuckey.

the thing is B4TG is that we haven't heard one good word coming from any of the coaches, beat writers OR Jets fans who post on the boards about Henry. If he was showing anything at all we would have heard about it.

WTHBS I give all of our 08 rookie class a do-over because of Mangini's obvious (to me anyway) bullying of said rookie class.

Thats a good point, we havn't heard of anyone really talking up Marcus Henery and when there is smoker, there is usually fire...We may have nothing more than just a 6'4 nothing on the roster but still...I would love to see what this man could do on a fade route down in the Red Zone against a smaller #2 CB once or twice.

Untl we actually see what he could do, we really know nothing about this guy...But from what I've seen, I think he's worth the gamble because I'm confident with Cotchery, confident with Stuckey in the slot...But I'm not confident about Brad Smith as our #2 WR...Not at all. Mangini tried to turn Brad Smith into a WR, he's a QB. It has not worked and something tells me...It wont work because he's just not a natural wide out. As far as Clowney goes...That would be my #1 option as our #2 WR right now but still...I hope Marcus gets his chance

Thats a good point, we havn't heard of anyone really talking up Marcus Henery and when there is smoker, there is usually fire...We may have nothing more than just a 6'4 nothing on the roster but still...I would love to see what this man could do on a fade route down in the Red Zone against a smaller #2 CB once or twice.

Untl we actually see what he could do, we really know nothing about this guy...But from what I've seen, I think he's worth the gamble because I'm confident with Cotchery, confident with Stuckey in the slot...But I'm not confident about Brad Smith as our #2 WR...Not at all. Mangini tried to turn Brad Smith into a WR, he's a QB. It has not worked and something tells me...It wont work because he's just not a natural wide out. As far as Clowney goes...That would be my #1 option as our #2 WR right now but still...I hope Marcus gets his chance

I like the way you think. However, Henry is not going to see the field if he doesn't catch fade routes in practice.

I can name you about 100 players that should play due to their athletic ability. We took one with the 6th overall pick. :face:

To the best of my knowledge he never saw the active roster.

He was on the team roster in weeks 1-2. Then they waived him, then after clearing waivers they signed him to the practice squad.

So far, the most interesting thing about him is that he has a 5'8" tall twin brother.[/QUOTE]

Right now I'm picturing the movie Twins with Arnold and Danny Devito. :biggrin:

The second video is pure college style, you really think NFL caliber safeties are gonna miss tackles like that? I mean he looks like he has potential, but I wouldnt put too much stock in these vids. The guy couldn't even see the freaking field last season.

I'm not sold AT ALL on Brad Smith. I'm hoping that Henry at least gets a fair shot to show us what he's got. ::GoJets:

Has anyone besides me and PS17 chalked this guy B4G, in as DWC yet?

Nope. I could care less. Why do you care ? This was a good thread about actual FOOTBALL . We need these type of threads. The off season has been WAAAY too long. ;)

Has anyone besides me and PS17 chalked this guy B4G, in as DWC yet?

I could care less who he is IJ. I'm all for anybody who wants to add some football discussions here (God knows we need more). At least the kid went out of his way to dig up some video to make his point. It beats all these (starting to be like Jets Insider) people who come on every thread and rate it, or declare whether said thread should be dumped.

Archived