History Channel International > The History Channel

Remember when the History Channel actually had shows about.....History?

Ice Road Truckers? Axe Men? Meh...what's that have to do with history.

Interesting WW II shows on the SS and Hitler's end right now on History International.

I wonder how long before History International goes the way of MTV2?

Remember when the History Channel actually had shows about.....History?

Ice Road Truckers? Axe Men? Meh...what's that have to do with history.

Interesting WW II shows on the SS and Hitler's end right now on History International.

I wonder how long before History International goes the way of MTV2?

I was at a buddy's house and he gets HI. Man was I jealous. Our Direct TV package only includes the History Channel which, as you indicated, has totally sucked lately. If I watch 1-2 hours a week now that's a lot. I used to watch more HC than all the other channels combined. :(

Yeah I miss actual shows about History. Watched a show on the SS, watching Hitler's end now, and will watch a show on NSDAP (LOL) Gurrillas afterward. THC is just loaded with crap now. Uninteresting modern marvels, umpteen episodes of axe men, ice road truckers, and uninteresting crap. Ice road truckers and axe men were cool the first year, but enough already. You can't make mulitple seasons about the same damn thing exciting, and who wants to watch a 400lb Canadian truck driver piss and moan about how great a trucker he is every week.

I'd love to see some more shows on the Eastern Front.....doesn't get much attention over here.

Yeah I miss actual shows about History. Watched a show on the SS, watching Hitler's end now, and will watch a show on NSDAP (LOL) Gurrillas afterward. THC is just loaded with crap now. Uninteresting modern marvels, umpteen episodes of axe men, ice road truckers, and uninteresting crap. Ice road truckers and axe men were cool the first year, but enough already. You can't make mulitple seasons about the same damn thing exciting, and who wants to watch a 400lb Canadian truck driver piss and moan about how great a trucker he is every week.

I'd love to see some more shows on the Eastern Front.....doesn't get much attention over here.

I hear you. The ONLY show I watched on THC last week was about Hitlers family . That was it for the week. The week before the only show I watched was about Dillenger , Bonnie & Clyde, and Baby Face Nelson. That was it. I see at 12 am it's Ice Road Truckers (THC) vs. Nasi Guerrillas (HI) . What will you be watching Pat ? ;)

+1. I saw an excellent show on the battle of Stalingrad in WWII. It showed not only what the city went through but also the military side -- strategy on both sides, maps with troop movements, armaments, use of snipers, etc. I'm pretty sure the show was on Hist Int'l.

(I do get the Military channel, too, but that seems to be more on types of weapons, ships, planes - the science of war - not the actual battles.)

+1. I saw an excellent show on the battle of Stalingrad in WWII. It showed not only what the city went through but also the military side -- strategy on both sides, maps with troop movements, armaments, use of snipers, etc. I'm pretty sure the show was on Hist Int'l.

(I do get the Military channel, too, but that seems to be more on types of weapons, ships, planes - the science of war - not the actual battles.)

Thanks for rubbing it in . ;)

Thanks for rubbing it in . ;)

Sorry about that. :biggrin:

But it's probably the only good thing that Crime Warner gives us. We're thinking of switching to Direct TV so we don't have to watch all the Jets games over the web. But we will miss some of the channels if we do change, and Direct TV seems to be more expensive. Decisions, decisions...

how?

All legal and within the rules of DirecTV. Basically, DTV has some long lost regulation which allows a subscriber to receive either the NYC or LA network feeds based upon the nature of their network franchises in their home city. It's hard for me to explain it, but if the affiliate is owned by the network or something like that, you can get the NYC/LA feed. I found it on the internet, called DTV, and boom, got it, because Detroit's CBS/FOX affiliates met the protocol.

All legal and within the rules of DirecTV. Basically, DTV has some long lost regulation which allows a subscriber to receive either the NYC or LA network feeds based upon the nature of their network franchises in their home city. It's hard for me to explain it, but if the affiliate is owned by the network or something like that, you can get the NYC/LA feed. I found it on the internet, called DTV, and boom, got it, because Detroit's CBS/FOX affiliates met the protocol.

cool ****, I'm happy for youl

Sorry about that. :biggrin:

But it's probably the only good thing that Crime Warner gives us. We're thinking of switching to Direct TV so we don't have to watch all the Jets games over the web. But we will miss some of the channels if we do change, and Direct TV seems to be more expensive. Decisions, decisions...

They ALWAYS have special promos for new customers. Call and ask for a "deal" and bargin with them. Worked for me. :cheers:

Thanks Pat I'll try to check into that.

Archived