Roof being replaced - NOISY!!

LoneStarLady

We're having our roof replaced right now. I work at home and we have no attic so they're right above my head. The back porch roof is just outside the other window, since I'm on the second floor.

It is so loud! They're ripping up the old roof and hammering away. A loose light cover in the bathroom just fell down, they're hammering so hard. Hope nothing else happens. Going to be tough to be on the phone in meetings today. Oh, my head!! I can't concentrate!!! Help!!

We're having our roof replaced right now. I work at home and we have no attic so they're right above my head. The back porch roof is just outside the other window, since I'm on the second floor.

It is so loud! They're ripping up the old roof and hammering away. A loose light cover in the bathroom just fell down, they're hammering so hard. Hope nothing else happens. Going to be tough to be on the phone in meetings today. Oh, my head!! I can't concentrate!!! Help!!

First piece of advice -take a vacation day.

what did you expect?

what did you expect?

Never had a roof replaced before, so I guess I didn't think it would be this noisy. Or that the windows would shake and light covers would fall off the ceiling.

They started at 7 AM so I'm hoping that it doesn't take all day. Though we're supposed to have thunderstorms today - hope they get it done before any rain comes. That would really screw things up.

thats why God invented Panera Bread. Someplace to go.. and if you have a phone call, just use the private stalls in the bathroom.

:)

Never had a roof replaced before, so I guess I didn't think it would be this noisy. Or that the windows would shake and light covers would fall off the ceiling.

They started at 7 AM so I'm hoping that it doesn't take all day. Though we're supposed to have thunderstorms today - hope they get it done before any rain comes. That would really screw things up.

I hope you shopped well for a roofer. We had our garage roof replaced last year . Prices (8 square, it's a BIG garage) ranged from $7600 to $3700. The one we went with actually used a better architectural style shingle. What a mess ! There's still soot in some places. They finished it in about 3-4 hours. Hope yours get done soon.

I just saw the location under your avatar! Bleh! :)

So, you creepin' people out at the Panera Bread on Lexington Street, eh? Thanks for the heads up. I'm never going there again!

not yet... almost went there this morning, but then realized i have no freaking money. so i went to mc d's next door and grabbed a few egga muffins.

but it will be my home away from home when i need to get out of my home.

:D

I just saw the location under your avatar! Bleh! :)

So, you creepin' people out at the Panera Bread on Lexington Street, eh? Thanks for the heads up. I'm never going there again!

The food sucks at PBread, so I guess the only reason to go would be for the piece & quiet.

The food sucks at PBread, so I guess the only reason to go would be for the piece & quiet.

their bagels are good (for new england)

the free internet is good.

and the free refills for unsweetened iced tea is good.

and I can sit there for 8 hours and not be bothered.. and check out soccer moms and college chicks all day!

you should go out there and ask them to keep it down......

I can't give you sympathy right now LSL - Just had all front windows replaced all trim around the house and new paint job. Next is the roof but the weasel contractor is trying to get more money from the insurance company (or us which we refuse to do since he is already under contract) before he proceeds. Seems he wasn't all cracked up as he first seemed to be. our fault I know but the work so far has been outstanding and my home almost looks brand new.

Archived