Soooooooooo....

StillerPaul

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd shoot myself because without Plaxico Burress, Eli Manning is NOTHING.

UMmmmmmmmm

Gints have won the eli trade

Rivers =0 SB's

ELi = 1 SB

Didn't Eli escape a sack before throw to Hixon? and didn't eli take team

to a TD drive in last 2 minutes of a SB

read a book

If Sanchez plays his first couple of years similar to how Eli played..... How would you guys feel about that?

Happy?

PO'd?

Expecting alot more?

You have been here long enough to knkow that the first time Sanchez throws a pick there will be fans here calling for his head yet that same fan will proclaim this team a Super Bowl contender when comes back with a TD pass.

Such is the bi-polar nature of the Jets fan. :D

If he turns plays like Eli did his first couple of years he will be the most hated player in New York.

Look at this way...If the Jets got the AFC Title game and lost the way the Steelers did Ben in 2004 SOME fans will still call for his head.

If Sanchez plays his first couple of years similar to how Eli played..... How would you guys feel about that?

Happy?

PO'd?

Expecting alot more?

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to acknowledge this question until you Sanchezify your avatar.

You have been here long enough to knkow that the first time Sanchez throws a pick there will be fans here calling for his head yet that same fan will proclaim this team a Super Bowl contender when comes back with a TD pass.

Such is the bi-polar nature of the Jets fan. :D

If he turns plays like Eli did his first couple of years he will be the most hated player in New York.

Look at this way...If the Jets got the AFC Title game and lost the way the Steelers did Ben in 2004 SOME fans will still call for his head.

Sad but True. No matter how good a season he has, even an absolutely stellar rookie campaign similar to Ryan or Flacco fans will still be calling the brass to Trade for whatever veteran QB hits the market next year. Be it to replace Sanchez or mentor him, it will happen. Jet fans, its what we do.

UMmmmmmmmm

Gints have won the eli trade

Rivers =0 SB's

ELi = 1 SB

Didn't Eli escape a sack before throw to Hixon? and didn't eli take team

to a TD drive in last 2 minutes of a SB

read a book

Watch a game.

Eli Manning escaped pressure, yay, good for him, Quarterbacks do that every so often, it does happen. He then blindly chucked the ball in the middle of the field to the 6th string Wide Receiver -- DAVID TYREE -- with 2 receptions the entire season and he made a miracle catch on his helmet.

And you think Eli Manning should be given credit? Give me an f'ing break. Good for him, he escaped pressure and chucked the ball down the center of the field, the worst place you can possible do it. Watch NFL Network, America's Game and Strahan even says that he and other players were saying "Oh no" when Eli chucked it down the center.

Eli Manning is nothing without Plaxico Burress and the only reason the Giants won that Super Bowl is because of Burress, the running game, and most importantly, the defense. The pass rush in particular. Not to mention Tyree's lucky helmet catch.

One Burress went out last season we once again saw the real Eli Manning.

Philip Rivers IS the better Quarterback. By your outstanding logic, Trent Dilfer is a better Quarterback than Dan Marino, as is Brad Johnson. And Jim McMahon. And Doug Williams.

Watch a game.

Eli Manning escaped pressure, yay, good for him, Quarterbacks do that every so often, it does happen. He then blindly chucked the ball in the middle of the field to the 6th string Wide Receiver -- DAVID TYREE -- with 2 receptions the entire season and he made a miracle catch on his helmet.

And you think Eli Manning should be given credit? Give me an f'ing break. Good for him, he escaped pressure and chucked the ball down the center of the field, the worst place you can possible do it. Watch NFL Network, America's Game and Strahan even says that he and other players were saying "Oh no" when Eli chucked it down the center.

Eli Manning is nothing without Plaxico Burress and the only reason the Giants won that Super Bowl is because of Burress, the running game, and most importantly, the defense. The pass rush in particular.

Philip Rivers IS the better Quarterback. By your outstanding logic, Trent Dilfer is a better Quarterback than Dan Marino, as is Brad Johnson. And Jim McMahon. And Doug Williams.

LOL nice try

First of all marino did not have any decent D behind him

SD and Gints both have good D's,Gints D was suspect during the reg season...hardly dominant.

dilfer played with maybe the best D ever and Joe Pisarcik could have won SB

on that team

Brad Johnson was a good QB early on until father time turned him into a Dilfer

TB D was also dominant.

Gints won a SB with trade so that by itself makes it a winner

LOL nice try

First of all marino did not have any decent D behind him

SD and Gints both have good D's,Gints D was suspect during the reg season...hardly dominant.

dilfer played with maybe the best D ever and Joe Pisarcik could have won SB

on that team

Brad Johnson was a good QB early on until father time turned him into a Dilfer

TB D was also dominant.

Gints won a SB with trade so that by itself makes it a winner

San Diego's defense over the past two seasons has been nothing close to what the Giants has been. Last year they didn't have their best player and the year before that, the Giants had more than 1 or 2 people coming after the Quarterback. In San Diego you have Merriman and Phillips. In New York you have Tuck, Umenyiora, Kiwanuka and in 2007's case, Strahan. You saw how far they went last year without Strahan and Umenyiora.

Eli Manning played like absolute GARBAGE once his boy Plaxico was suspended by the team for the remainder of the season, just like he did early on his career.

The Giants defense in the 2007 postseason/Super Bowl was every bit as good as the defenses listed by you above. Ever since December 2007, the Giants defense has turned a new corner and that is when Eli turned a new corner. Only when his defense was dominant and he had a tall, true #1 receiver, was Eli able to win a meaningful game.

San Diego's defense over the past two seasons has been nothing close to what the Giants has been. Last year they didn't have their best player and the year before that, the Giants had more than 1 or 2 people coming after the Quarterback. In San Diego you have Merriman and Phillips. In New York you have Tuck, Umenyiora, Kiwanuka and in 2007's case, Strahan. You saw how far they went last year without Strahan and Umenyiora.

Eli Manning played like absolute GARBAGE once his boy Plaxico was suspended by the team for the remainder of the season, just like he did early on his career.

The Giants defense in the 2007 postseason/Super Bowl was every bit as good as the defenses listed by you above. Ever since December 2007, the Giants defense has turned a new corner and that is when Eli turned a new corner. Only when his defense was dominant and he had a tall, true #1 receiver, was Eli able to win a meaningful game.

Gints D during reg season was hardly dominant..watch the tapes

Gints D during reg season was hardly dominant..watch the tapes

Read the post. I acknowledged that they only started to play as a dominant unit in the postseason. Trust me, I live in NJ/NY, I see every single Giants game.

Teams can turn it on down the stretch. It has happened before, and hey, guess what, it will happen again. The 9-7 Cardinals turned it on when it became playoff time last year only to come within 3 minutes of winning a championship.

The Giants defense clicked and they have been on a high ever since.

Bottom line:

If Mark Sanchez is the next Eli Manning, get ready to lose every single meaningful game unless all of a sudden we have the best pass rush in the NFL and a 6'6 Wide Receiver with great hands/leaping ability/strength & speed, as well as the best 3 headed monster Running attacks & Best Offensive Line in the league.

Oh, and then we still have to hope for a miracle helmet catch to win the Championship.

Does 124 just have some unexplainable hatred towards the QB's drafted in 2004?

Eli Manning is garbage.

Ben Roethlisberger finally reached his potential in the Super Bowl last season.

Philip Rivers is easily a Top 5 Quarterback.

I don't hate them, I just think you wish that I did.

Eli Manning is garbage.

Philip Rivers is NOT a top 5 QB. Guy is a major underacheiver at this point.

That bein said, do you believe Eli is franchise QB?

Call me crazy, but i do.

I think he has proven you can win with him in control so yes- it is all about winning isn't it? I hate the Giants so I am prejudiced though.

Eli Manning is garbage.

Me and you have debated plenty of QB's in the past. May as well add Eli to the mix. LOL

I think youre putting too much weight in his stats and supporting cast Joe. But at the same time, he does have a very good supporting cast. Thats what all SB winning QB's have.

But Eli has the calm demeanor and has improved alot over the last 3 years that ya can't really tell much from stats. He's a pretty good QB IMO. I'd take him if my team didn't have a FQB.

How am I putting too much weight into it? He has proven to be nothing but over-rated garbage until his defense all of a sudden became the BEST pass rushing unit in the NFL, along with his three headed monster at the tailback position finally exploding. Wihout Plaxico Burress last year, lets take a look at the awesome Eli Manning.

The amazing Eli Manning minus Plaxico 2008

13-27 (48.1%), 123 yards, TD

18-35 (51.4%), 191 yards, 2 INT

17-27 (63%), 181 yards, TD

11-19 (57.9%), 119 yards

15-29 (51.7%), 169 yards, 2 INT

Damn, I wish we had that. That just SCREAMS Championship.

He, UNLIKE, other Quarterbacks, needed EVERYTHING to come together just right, and even with all that needed a miracle catch on the helmet to capture a Championship. He needed his Defense to become the best. His running game to become the best. His Offensive Line to become the best.

Did Ben need all of that last year? I think not.

Archived