Jet '05 Offense

LionelRichie

over the last few years the jets have always relied on a strong running game. in herm's world of 'marty-ball' he would rely on a stingy defense and 3 yards and a cloud of dust to squeek out 13-7 wins. this year the jet o-line cannot create the holes necessary for a slow, aging back to compile 1700 yards. the jets have to change their approach to offense.

similar to the pats, the jets need to spread the field and use the pass to set up the run. i can live with chad dinking and dunking his way down the field, mixed in with a couple of deep balls.

this is why the jets brought in dinger, to adapt to the personnel and give the jets the best chance to win, and right now i don't see how 30 carries for 70 yards is going to get it done against the better teams in the league. if you can't run against kc you probably can't run. i'd like to see more 4 wr sets, more blaylock in the backfield, and more short passes, which happen to be about all pennington can do. something needs to change to score points, 24 points in 2 games is not going to get it done this year.

Archived