Jets Tix Sitch Worse Than Previously Thought

fsfty42

I've read here that the Jets have exhausted the waiting list in hopes of selling season tix for this year, but I was in for a surprise today. I cancelled my season tix 2 years ago after having them for 10 years, but I got a phone call from the Jets today asking if I wanted to buy lowers (up to 8) for the season. I told them to call me back when they're reduced to selling single games. I am getting concerned about blackouts this year. Anyone hear anything about that?

I've read here that the Jets have exhausted the waiting list in hopes of selling season tix for this year, but I was in for a surprise today. I cancelled my season tix 2 years ago after having them for 10 years, but I got a phone call from the Jets today asking if I wanted to buy lowers (up to 8) for the season. I told them to call me back when they're reduced to selling single games. I am getting concerned about blackouts this year. Anyone hear anything about that?

Evan Roberts of WFAN says that even is the Jets can't sell out the lower premiums, that should NOT automatically trigger a blackout situation. If Woody has a brain cell left in his dome not dedicated to plugging 22 year-old skanks, then he'll make damn sure that his team is not humiliated by having a franchise in NY blacked out.

I wouldn't be too worried about blackouts.

Once it goes to single games the games will sell out quickly. There is a huge segement of the population that can afford to go to one or two games per year that can not afford 8. Also, single game tickets at face value will prompt many to take their kid to see his first live NFL game.

Also NYC is a huge metro area with plenty of out of town fans. There are plenty of Dolphin, Bills, Patriots, etc fans living in NYC. None of which would have the slightest interest in Jets season tickets but will be buying the moment they go single game.

I don't understand why people are giving up there tickets for this season? It has nothing to do with next season.

I don't care, I got my call and took my years worth of season tickets. Next year I'll go back on the list. I never got to that many games in my life, so it will be nice to go to the last year at the Meadowlands, even if it does suck.

I don't understand why people are giving up there tickets for this season? It has nothing to do with next season.

I don't care, I got my call and took my years worth of season tickets. Next year I'll go back on the list. I never got to that many games in my life, so it will be nice to go to the last year at the Meadowlands, even if it does suck.

I think people are just tightening up a bit cash wise. Suzie Orman is scaring people.

I got a 3rd call from the Jets today, I told them I had bough 2009 tickets off a friend already and they have deffered my name towards the 2010 tickets. I am hoping they cut PSL costs by the time the next call (the person said it would come late in the regular season).

I think it is a cmbination of 2 things working together in people's minds.

1) Money is tight this year, lots of people losing jobs, getting salaries cut, or just worried about those things happening to them.

2) A lot of people figure, taking the above into account, that they will never get season tix again due to psl's, so why make an investment in a team this year knowing you can't going forward after this season.

I hve gotten a couple of calls and mailings to purchase tickets for this year- a lot of people are not going to spend the money with the economy so fragile and employment prospects weak.

Are you referring to the team or the stadium sucking? The Meadowlands is a great place to watch football; I've been to over 200 games all over that stadium, the sight lines are awesome. I fear after the new stadium smell wears off of the new place, I'm going to sorely miss the upper decks of the current stadium. JMHO...

Are you referring to the team or the stadium sucking? The Meadowlands is a great place to watch football; I've been to over 200 games all over that stadium, the sight lines are awesome. I fear after the new stadium smell wears off of the new place, I'm going to sorely miss the upper decks of the current stadium. JMHO...

the sight lines are great, everything else eats butt

I wouldn't be too worried about blackouts.

Once it goes to single games the games will sell out quickly. There is a huge segement of the population that can afford to go to one or two games per year that can not afford 8. Also, single game tickets at face value will prompt many to take their kid to see his first live NFL game.

Also NYC is a huge metro area with plenty of out of town fans. There are plenty of Dolphin, Bills, Patriots, etc fans living in NYC. None of which would have the slightest interest in Jets season tickets but will be buying the moment they go single game.

Yep. The single-game tickets will sell big and then there won't be a black-out issue.

Seriously... those escalators are a ****ing death trap.

How so? I've never had one problem with the escalators.

The current stadium is awesome. A tiny bit of renevating and this place could've lasted another 20 years, easily.

The current stadium is awesome. A tiny bit of renevating and this place could've lasted another 20 years, easily.

Ask bitonti... it's apparently a sign that the stadium is falling apart and the main driver to replace the facility.

No it couldn't have. There's not enough room to add more luxury boxes without sacrificing premium seating.

What, are you crazy?:rolleyes:

The current stadium has great sight lines, but the seats suck, there are not enough bathrooms, getting in and out of the it sucks, not enough room in the walk ways, the AV system sucks and it says "Giants" on it.

BZ

Certainly all very valid reasons to build a $1+ billion stadium.

Certainly all very valid reasons to build a $1+ billion stadium.

$1.7 Billion.

The best reason is that the Jets were not making any money at the current stadium. They were renters and now are building a stadium they are co-owners.

The Jets are all growns up now.

BZ

$1.7 Billion.

The best reason is that the Jets were not making any money at the current stadium. They were renters and now are building a stadium they are co-owners.

The Jets are all growns up now.

BZ

Yeah, like a 32 year old still living in his parents basement but feels better about it because his parents added his initials to the mailbox.

About the blackout rule; the NFL is not going to black out 2 premier franchises in the biggest media market in America. The Jints are havingethe same problems; there's no market for thsoe top tier tickets. Heck, just look at all the empty eats up front at a Met or Yankee game. The market to pay top dollar to sit close to the field is done. The NFL will redefine what a sellout is. That's that.

Love the Jets' top bidder was some scummy mortgage broker with a string of process servers chasing his sleaze.

I think there are a few reasons at play here, but I think the biggest is the group of folks who hoard tickets or act as brokers saw no reason to re-up their large accounts. Because of the economy and general "blah" feeling about the team there is no market to make a big profit on the season tickets and those people are just going to buy 2-4 seats at the most in the new stadium so they dumped all the extras in hope of saving some cash and not taking an extra loss if the Jets stink and they can not unload their seats. I think the other big factor is we have a ton of "Giants first" fans in the building that only have Jets tickets because they can not get Giants seats. Well the Giants have now burned through their waiting list so those Jets season ticket holders may have bought into the Giants for 2010 and already put up alot of cash which gives them reason to dump the Jets.

There definitely is also a backlash against the PSLs this year too. The Giants have been unable to sell out all of 2009, its just not to the level that we are at.

The current stadium has great sight lines, but the seats suck, there are not enough bathrooms, getting in and out of the it sucks, not enough room in the walk ways, the AV system sucks and it says "Giants" on it.

BZ

Access in and out definitely needed an improvement. That is one of the worst things about the stadium, no doubt. And the big Giants sign isn't a great treat either.

Archived