What Are Your Favorite Meadowlands Memories?

I found this thread on TheGangGreen and thought I would bring it over here because it seemed like it would be a fun/interesting thread to use to get us through the final days before Training Camp and the Preseason Games start to begin. This is the final year of the stadium, so this could be fun.

So JetNation, what are your favorite memories in the stadium we've played at from 1984-Present? What are the games that you attended in that stadium that you will never forget or that were most memorable to you?

Some of mine would be:

- 1997: Jets beat the Raiders 23-22. This was my first game in person at the Meadowlands in which the Jets won. They were 0-8 at home in 1996 and in 1995, when I was 7, I missed a couple of games due to some family issues/deaths, of course both times we won. I thought until '97 that I was the bad luck charm. :). I'll never forget Big Play Ray Mickens blocking that Field Goal and the craziness that happened after that. Possibly my favorite game ever, just because it was the first win I witnessed in person.

- 1998: The magical run from 0-2 and 2-3 to 12-4 and winning the East. The Jacksonville playoff game in which our car broke down on the way to the game, only for us to arrive 15 minutes before kickoff, park across the street at the Continental, run through that damn bridge and get into our seats right as the National Anthem is ending. Keyshawn's INT was amazing and right infront of our seats. Curtis controlled that game on the ground.

- 1999: Vinny's ACL in the Home Opener against the Pats. Need I say more.

- 2000: The Patriot comeback in Week 2 on MNF. Vinny to Chrebet! The Monday Night Miracle. At the end of the 3rd, I wanted to leave but my Dad said we were not leaving because you never know what can happen and if the Jets come back and win, you don't have to go to school tomorrow. And the rest is history, we all know what happened after that. Jumbo's touchdown right infront of my seats was one of the coolest and funniest things I've ever seen. And of course the Jets blow the playoffs on a Week 16 10-7 loss to DETROIT. Ugh.

- 2002: Chad Pennington plays like Joe Montana. What a run! What an amazing week with Green Bay and Indianapolis blow outs.

- 2003: Santana Moss catches a GW touchdown from Pennington right infront of my seats against the Jags in the first ever "Marshall Bowl". We had swapped our seats in 124 with a friend who sat in 101 that day because our seats in 124 were undercover and his were not. There was a chance of rain and he was bringing his wife. Zero rain and I got to sit 6 rows from the field instead of 31 and the GW play which would've been on the other side of the field from me happened directly infront. Very cool. Also the 6-0 win in the snow against Pittsburgh. There were maybe 15,000 people that day, I stayed and me and a few Jet fans were throwing snowballs at the Steeler fans and the security just laughed. Good times. Martin's rumble through the snow!

- 2004: LaMont Jordan costing us the Baltimore game by throwing a halfback pass into the endzone which was picked 6'd by Ed Reed. We lost by 3. **** you LaMont!

- 2005: Week 3 Jacksonville. Need I say more?

- 2006: Beating Oakland to clinch the Wild Card in a season in which nobody thought we'd win more than 6 games. Awesome.

- 2007: Shutting up the mass arrival of Pittsburgh fans. Kellen Clemens' first pro victory. Stealing drunk Steeler fans terrible towels.

- 2008: Brett Favre. You don't get to watch too many Hall of Famers on your team in your lifetime, even if he got hurt down the stretch it was a joy to watch and I thank him for some of the memories (Arizona, St.Louis, @ New England in which I was there).

"The Monday Night Miracle" For a very personal reason.

I've been living in CVG since '95. For my fortieth birthday my wife buys three tix to the NYJ-MIA Monday night game. I fly in and take my brother and father with me.

By the end of the third quarter, dad retreated inside somewhere to get out of the cold and the rest of the crowd around us had left except for four guys sitting behind my brother and I. I was upset over the game, but these four guys were livid. Very vocal and down on every Jet player that touched the ball. It was right about then that my brother, who is five foot nothing, stood up and whirled around to face "the four" and screamed "HEY. SHUTUP. Thats your team out there. You gotta keep cheering them up." It was right about then that Coles caught that TD in the 4'th Q. that started our run. The biggest guy of "The four" that I thought was gonna pound my brother, screamed "The little guy is right" and they all started to rub his head like it was Buddha's belly for the rest of the game.

The sound I'll always remember from that night was the "J-E-T-S cheer" echoing throughout the stadium because it was nearly empty from all the fans who had just missed the greatest Jet comeback win ever.

The funny thing about this is that my brother is a rabid Giants fan. Go figure.

im 15, only remember games from like 2000-present.

but my favorite moments to see there in that span would have to be...

the jets beating the packers to win the AFC East.

Justin Miller's kick return for a TD to put the jets ahead of the undefeated colts in the last couple minutes. (yes we lost but that moment was so great to be apart of)

Abram Elam sacks Losman, Ellis runs it back to keep the playoff hopes alive last year.

Top 5

1- Jets Beat Dolphags 51-45

2-Jets beat Denver on Monday Night Football to go 10-1 Marty Lyons pick up John Elway for the safety

3-Monday Night Mircle

4- Jets beat Jacksonville in divisional playoff to go to Championship game

5-Jets beat Dolphags last game of 1991 to make playoffs. Freeman catch sets up FG as time winds down.

Other game of note when Eric Mcmilliam flips the bird to Shula as he runs back a TD and game where Jets beat GB to make playoffs.

obviously the monday night miracle...followed closely by 2002 week 17 against GB. The Pats needed to beat miami for us to have a shot at the playoffs...everyone filled up the stadium without knowing if the game would matter or not. Right before kickoff, they showed Adam Vinateri's fg to beat the dolphags. The staduim went nuts and we routed them 42-17. Ill always remember that score.

"The Monday Night Miracle" For a very personal reason.

I've been living in CVG since '95. For my fortieth birthday my wife buys three tix to the NYJ-MIA Monday night game. I fly in and take my brother and father with me.

By the end of the third quarter, dad retreated inside somewhere to get out of the cold and the rest of the crowd around us had left except for four guys sitting behind my brother and I. I was upset over the game, but these four guys were livid. Very vocal and down on every Jet player that touched the ball. It was right about then that my brother, who is five foot nothing, stood up and whirled around to face "the four" and screamed "HEY. SHUTUP. Thats your team out there. You gotta keep cheering them up." It was right about then that Coles caught that TD in the 4'th Q. that started our run. The biggest guy of "The four" that I thought was gonna pound my brother, screamed "The little guy is right" and they all started to rub his head like it was Buddha's belly for the rest of the game.

The sound I'll always remember from that night was the "J-E-T-S cheer" echoing throughout the stadium because it was nearly empty from all the fans who had just missed the greatest Jet comeback win ever.

The funny thing about this is that my brother is a rabid Giants fan. Go figure.

that was a great story. nice post fr8dog

That was the most reved up a Jets crowd has ever been in my 28 years of going to Jets games.

I was 10 and it was my first playoff game and it was just crazy. Not an empty seat in the house, at least not anywhere near where I was sitting. Can't say you've seen that more than like 5 times at a Jet game.

The fact that we didn't need a 'new' shared Stadium when there was nothing wrong with the old one, getting screwed out of my great seats that carried over from Shea. Memories may be beautiful and yet, what's too painful to remember, we simply choose to forget. So it's the laughter, we will remember. Whenever we remember, the way we were. The way we were.

I was 10 and it was my first playoff game and it was just crazy. Not an empty seat in the house, at least not anywhere near where I was sitting. Can't say you've seen that more than like 5 times at a Jet game.

One memory from that game was when the Jaguars were announced for player the fans yelled sucks so loud it echoed like I never heard a Jets crowd. Wish we could sound more like that more often.

One memory from that game was when the Jaguars were announced for player the fans yelled sucks so loud it echoed like I never heard a Jets crowd. Wish we could sound more like that more often.

Yeah, what ever happened to the "SUCKS!" yell after every opposing player is announced? Is it me or has it died off considerably the past few years.

Hmmm I'd have to say best was the Monday Night Miracle hands down. Only game they ever let ppl back into game as far as I know. Crowd was def. ecstatic that night, felt like everyone there was family. After that game I'd have to go with the Jacksonville playoff win, followed by week 17 in 02 and the next week playoff clubbing of Peyton Manning's Colts. Just throwing this one in there, but last years Cardinals game was a good one to me. Maybe it was more who I was with, but I def. had a drunken blast at that game.

On a side note- the craziest experience I had there was in the parking lot after a Patriot game where a fag Patriots fan stabbed someone by where we parked and then got the **** kicked out of him by a couple ppl.

The fact that we didn't need a 'new' shared Stadium when there was nothing wrong with the old one, getting screwed out of my great seats that carried over from Shea. Memories may be beautiful and yet, what's too painful to remember, we simply choose to forget. So it's the laughter, we will remember. Whenever we remember, the way we were. The way we were.

Shea stadium was a horrible place to watch a game...

Lots of good memories.

The Jets/Pittsburgh game in the snow.

The Jacksonville playoff game (a Jaguars fan that parked across from us in a shiny new Jaguar, the freezing cold, Keyshawn).

The Packers game to win the division. Most improbable run at the division.

The Colts playoff game (even though we got yelled at for standing- didn't buy our regular seats for the playoff's that year and we got stuck in lame-ville downstairs.)

Just to add, the worst moment may have been when Vinny went down in 99'.

For me:

12/6/98- Vinny T's "touchdown" against the Seahawks.

1/10/99- Jacksonville playoff game. Great atmosphere. Great crowd. One of the only times i've ever gone to a Jets game and knew there was no way we were losing that game. My favorite memory is before introductions they showed the opening video and had a fighter jet blow up a jaguar... greatest thing ive ever seen.

1999- Testaverde's achilles. To have a season blow up in our face in game one... tore my heart out.

2000- Monday Night Miracle- I will never forget Jumbo's catch.

1994- Fake Spike. I get sick just thinking about that game.

1993- Beating the Dolphins and preventing Don Shula from getting his record setting 325th career win against the Jets.

1995- Saints game, last game of the season... small crowd... 20,000 or so. bitterly cold. and the jets rolled over and played dead. One of the worst games ive ever seen.

12/5/93- Colts 9 Jets 6. Another of the worst games ive ever seen.

12/30/01- Lose to Buffalo 14-9. The game where i gave up on Herm Edwards. I had questioned him and his team all season, but losing a critical game at home, by that score... I knew he sucked as a HC and would never support him again.

Packers game 2002- amazing atmosphere. Sadly my dad didnt send in the playoff ticket money that was due the monday after the jets lost to chicago in a lifeless effort. who would have thought the Jets could win 2 in a row. oops. i was able to get a ticket for the colts game, but sadly i was snowed in up in Mass. thanks to a huge storm.

12/30/07- Chiefs/Jets- First game I ever walked out on the Jets. Jets played like crap and I had enough. I never leave games early since I consider it a privilege to go to games, but they were so bad i couldnt sit and watch that crap.

Mine is easy.

Would deff be 2002 when Penny and the Jets beat the Packers to clinch the AFC East title. The whole day was crazy. I remember sitting home watching the Phins/Pats and Browns/Falcons because if my mind serves me correct that game had meaning to us. I was listening to the Pats/Phins on the radio heading over to the stadium where nothing looked good. I remember running into the stadium making pit stops at tailgates to get updates on the game (couldn't tailgate for that game way to nervous) and finally on the escalator you hear a roar that they were going into OT and from there when the stadium found out the the Pats won the stadium was just electric and the buzz sent goose bumps down your arms. It was amazing!

Great Topic

I'll throw a couple out there in no particular order

1) 1986 Miami at Jets: Second game I went to as a season ticket holder. Just an out and out shootout. Two guys in back of us left totally disgusted, so we gave them the buisness (more on them later). Great finish to a great game.

2) 1986 AFC Wild Card Game: Stadium went from dead silence to a roar on Kevin McArthur's INT for TD on the Chiefs opening drive in the third quarter. That type of roar would not be heard again till 2002 when the word got out that the Pats had come back to beat the Fish.

3) 1988 Giants vs Jets Season Finale. Really great crowd that day as the Jets end the Giants playoff hopes.

4) 1998 Playoffs vs Jags: Place was a madhouse. KJ had the game of his career.

5) 2002 Season Finale Jets vs Packers: Need I say more. Most of us heading in to the stadium figured the Jets were dead after watching the Fish knock around the Pats most of the day. But as the Fish normally do, they gagged down the stretch. Crowd went from a funeral to a nuthouse in about 3 seconds and kept the intensity up the rest of the game.

My favorites though are the people that I have met through the Jets through the years. Those two guys we ragged on when they left the Miami game in 86 we ended up becoming good friends with. Tailgated together, drank together, went to training camp one year, got into a fight together. One attended my wedding before moving to Florida in 1994.

Of course there is Bob and Jetman who have been my buds for nearly 10 years now. And of course the tailgate crew at 16-D, which consisted of alot of my wife's co-workers. All great people and really one of the things I truely miss since leaving NJ in 2006.

Great Topic

I'll throw a couple out there in no particular order

1) 1986 Miami at Jets: Second game I went to as a season ticket holder. Just an out and out shootout. Two guys in back of us left totally disgusted, so we gave them the buisness (more on them later). Great finish to a great game.

2) 1986 AFC Wild Card Game: Stadium went from dead silence to a roar on Kevin McArthur's INT for TD on the Chiefs opening drive in the third quarter. That type of roar would not be heard again till 2002 when the word got out that the Pats had come back to beat the Fish.

3) 1988 Giants vs Jets Season Finale. Really great crowd that day as the Jets end the Giants playoff hopes.

4) 1998 Playoffs vs Jags: Place was a madhouse. KJ had the game of his career.

5) 2002 Season Finale Jets vs Packers: Need I say more. Most of us heading in to the stadium figured the Jets were dead after watching the Fish knock around the Pats most of the day. But as the Fish normally do, they gagged down the stretch. Crowd went from a funeral to a nuthouse in about 3 seconds and kept the intensity up the rest of the game.

My favorites though are the people that I have met through the Jets through the years. Those two guys we ragged on when they left the Miami game in 86 we ended up becoming good friends with. Tailgated together, drank together, went to training camp one year, got into a fight together. One attended my wedding before moving to Florida in 1994.

Of course there is Bob and Jetman who have been my buds for nearly 10 years now. And of course the tailgate crew at 16-D, which consisted of alot of my wife's co-workers. All great people and really one of the things I truely miss since leaving NJ in 2006.

Giants tooned out!!!! I remember some Giants fan were bragging how they were going to make the playoffs. I said know your not and the Jets beat them from start to finish to knock the Giants out of the playoffs

1995- Saints game, last game of the season... small crowd... 20,000 or so. bitterly cold. and the jets rolled over and played dead. One of the worst games ive ever seen.

I don't tape games, I never have, even though I say every year that I'm going to, I always forget or just get too lazy. I really need to change that in 2009 and beyond.

Anyways, that game was the only game to this day I taped because my Dad (I was 7, had no choice in terms of if we were going or not) decided that we were going to skip that game to go to a family party in Pennslyvania where they wern't going to show the game. So when I got home that night, without seeing the Jets score on TV, I watched that game. 12-0 final score, Bubby Brister came in for an injured Boomer.

I must watch that game 2 or 3 times a year. It is hilarious.

Archived