Funny People

Jets Babe

Got tickets to a screening of "Funny People", the newest Judd Apatow movie. I'm a huge Judd Apatow fan and I pretty much love all of his movies. The movie has a kick-ass cast...Seth Rogan, Adam Sandler, Leslie Mann, Jonah Hill, etc..

I thought overall, the movie was very funny, a couple of hilarious parts. It was a little too long though. It was 2.5 hours long...yeah... I was a little disappointed because I thought it would compete with "The Hangover" for the title of funniest movie of the year, but the Hangover was much funnier. Still a very funny movie though.

BTW, Judd Apatow and Leslie Mann's (they're married) daughters are absolutely hilarious..they were the same little girls in "Knocked Up" and they are in Funny People as well.

I'll give the movie a B+, it wasn't an A because it was about 45 minutes too long...

Do you have ADHD or a healthy attention span? If you have a short attention span that could be why it seemed long. Or maybe it was long. This is why I'm not a big fan of movie reviews in general you never know the reviewers biases.

Do you have ADHD or a healthy attention span? If you have a short attention span that could be why it seemed long. Or maybe it was long. This is why I'm not a big fan of movie reviews in general you never know the reviewers biases.

2.5 Hours is too long for a film.

People loved the 3 Lord of the Dance films, but they were all too long as well.

So...what or whom did you have to do to get screening tix??

That's the real question

easy every where, the yare usually begging to hand them out..

In Raleigh, the lcoal newspaper has link to where you can pick them up..I dont like them cause they are usually Thursdays and filled with the type of moviegoer who lacks in movie behavior decorum but just wants a free movie..I avoid these..

So...what or whom did you have to do to get screening tix??

That's the real question

Well, if you really want to know....

My boyfriend's old roommate recently graduated UCF and got a job with an entertainment PR/marketing firm that represents major movie production companies (Universal, Paramount, etc.). He mails us free advance screening tix every week. So, every week (Usually Tuesday nights), I see an advance screening of the "big movie" that is coming out. Last week I saw Bruno. The week before I saw Public Enemy. Happy?

I'm always a little wary of any movie that Adam Sandler is in. He couldn't take his SNL characters with him due to copyright laws, but let's be frank, here: his movies usually bite. I liked 'The Water Boy', though. Well, as much as you can like such things. "Stop making fun of me!" Haha, so stupid you had to laugh. Another guilty pleasure but sans Adam Sandler: 'Dodge Ball'.

Glad you liked it, though, JB. I'll probably wait until it shows up on cable, though.

I'm always a little wary of any movie that Adam Sandler is in. He couldn't take his SNL characters with him due to copyright laws, but let's be frank, here: his movies usually bite. I liked 'The Water Boy', though. Well, as much as you can like such things. "Stop making fun of me!" Haha, so stupid you had to laugh. Another guilty pleasure but sans Adam Sandler: 'Dodge Ball'.

Glad you liked it, though, JB. I'll probably wait until it shows up on cable, though.

Billy Madison was awesome.

WHAT?? 50 First dates is one of the best movies ever...

WHAT?? 50 First dates is one of the best movies ever...

Based on your impeccable taste, I think you should take over the job of movie reviews from SJ.

Waltz with Bashir? Bah. Persepolis? F the French. Why watch animated movies with subtitles when you can instead take in a cinematic masterpiece like "50 First Dates"?

Well, if you really want to know....

My boyfriend's old roommate recently graduated UCF and got a job with an entertainment PR/marketing firm that represents major movie production companies (Universal, Paramount, etc.). He mails us free advance screening tix every week. So, every week (Usually Tuesday nights), I see an advance screening of the "big movie" that is coming out. Last week I saw Bruno. The week before I saw Public Enemy. Happy?

Bruno? Is it as horrible as people say it is?

Based on your impeccable taste, I think you should take over the job of movie reviews from SJ.

Waltz with Bashir? Bah. Persepolis? F the French. Why watch animated movies with subtitles when you can instead take in a cinematic masterpiece like "50 First Dates"?

"50 first dates?" sounds like Klecko's... Match.com experience.

POTW NOM.

And, I volunteer to take over POTW duties, and if given this task, there will actually be a post of the week, weekly! Believe that!

Max doesn't want that. He wants it to be twice yearly. Many people, including myself, have volunteered to do it.

Have you been Poofin??? 50 first dates has some of the best one liners ever... one of Adam Sandlers better movies IMO

Max doesn't want that. He wants it to be twice yearly. Many people, including myself, have volunteered to do it.

When I first came here, I thought that was one of the coolest things about the site...

It also gave meaning to my life.

When I first came here, I thought that was one of the coolest things about the site...

When I first read this post I thought you where saying Arsis was one of the coolest things about this sight and he gave meaning to your life. I though to myself... "Damn Im hungry"

Then I thought "Yep, I still am hungry"

Then I thought, "EY should get out more"

I agree.

When I first read this post I thought you where saying Arsis was one of the coolest things about this sight and he gave meaning to your life. I though to myself... "Damn Im hungry"

Then I thought "Yep, I still am hungry"

Then I thought, "EY should get out more"

\

I am.

Archived