Big Papi used roids

GM

NESN is like YES. Owned and operated by the Red Sox - they will never discuss a negative subject concerning the Sox unless Lucchino gives it the red light. Example: Dice-k is a jerk for questioning the Sox training style.

He's Japanese, they are known for talking sh*t about Western life & practices. Redsox should get over it.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NESN is like YES. Owned and operated by the Red Sox - they will never discuss a negative subject concerning the Sox unless Lucchino gives it the red light. Example: Dice-k is a jerk for questioning the Sox training style.

Green Light means go. Red means stop.

the irony:

Originally Posted by PFSIKH

Who says Howard is non-roids?

A 26yo player all of a sudden hits 52 and counting homeruns? ROIDs.

Beltran. He is the best player on the best team.

For all of Howards bombs - his team is a game over .500.

Pujols is having another great season. However, his team swooned against the AL and has never really recovered. They were 14 games above .500 when he went down. 13 above when he came back. 11 games now and that is after a 7-2 stretch.

If Howard is on roids, who says Ortiz isn't?

That is the point Troll. Skank fans are quick to throw around accusations. Now, this guy is given a clean bill of health?

19 games - 2 HRs.

88 Games - 22 HRs.

135 Games - 53 and counting.

Big Papt did his over several seasons. Not his first full season in the bigs.

LOL owned.

What does bug me is the hypocricy. Ortiz railed against the used of PEDS and swore to Gawd that he never touched 'em. He went so far as to say those that are caught should be penalized more. I mean, you look at your fans and lie like that? Everyone has been lying like that? Everyone says Ortiz is a nice man, a good guy, blah, blah, blah.....really? I mean, he kind of looks like a lying sack of sh*t to me.

this is accurate. he admitted to drinking milkshakes in the dominican without ASKING what was in them

another case of time owning someone:

Originally Posted by JonEJet

Irregular heartbeat=Side effect from roid use

Next time you're about to call someone a douchebag, take a quick look in the mirror. That is if you keep any in your ship cap'n.

A few points.

1. To those who are saying Sox fans are quiet. I am sorry we have jobs and don't check JetNation at work. If you didn't think I'd show up, you obviously haven't been paying any attention.

2. Yankees fans taking joy in this revelation today are obviously missing the big picture. It is fairly obvious that probably 85% of players since probably the 1990s have been on some performance enhancing drug. What brought baseball back from the dead after the stroke is now becoming the death of it. The homerun era that enchanted so many has come back full force in this steroid era of baseball. No one is innocent and everyone in the majors is guilty. If you didn't do steroids but you knew your teammate was. Guilty. This whole situation is ruining the sport we all love and have grown up with as our pasttime. So continue to take pride in the fact that the sport is being absolutely destroyed.

3. The championships of 04 and 07 are not tainted; the entire sport is tainted. You find me the last team to win a world series without someone on it who has been proven to do roids or is suspected of doing it. You'd probably have to go back a long way.

4. I am not going to sit here and defend the guy, but I'll just let him speak for himself and trust him:

"I want to talk about this situation and I will as soon as I have more answers," said Ortiz. "In the meantime I want to let you know how I am approaching this situation. One, I have already contacted the Players Association to confirm if this report is true. I have just been told that the report is true. Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive. Two, I will find out what I tested positive for. And, three, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public. You know me - I will not hide and I will not make excuses."

I look forward to hearing what he has to say. I for one would like to see someone come clean completely and not sit there and lie for everyone to see.

5. Publish the whole list, Bud. It's the only thing to do now.

He's full of sh*t just like the rest of them are. He wouldnt have failed the test had he not taken SOMETHING.

Instead of coming out and admitting it, he is further leading us on with his "OMGADZ I don't know what I tested + for, i'll find out blah blah blah". He knows damn well what he took, injected or ingested.

For all the sh*t A-rod got, Big Pop-up should get it 10x harder for the simple fact that this spring he made that braggadocios statement when A-Rod was found out. He's a hypocrite & a fraud.

A few points.

1. To those who are saying Sox fans are quiet. I am sorry we have jobs and don't check JetNation at work. If you didn't think I'd show up, you obviously haven't been paying any attention.

2. Yankees fans taking joy in this revelation today are obviously missing the big picture. It is fairly obvious that probably 85% of players since probably the 1990s have been on some performance enhancing drug. What brought baseball back from the dead after the stroke is now becoming the death of it. The homerun era that enchanted so many has come back full force in this steroid era of baseball. No one is innocent and everyone in the majors is guilty. If you didn't do steroids but you knew your teammate was. Guilty. This whole situation is ruining the sport we all love and have grown up with as our pasttime. So continue to take pride in the fact that the sport is being absolutely destroyed.

3. The championships of 04 and 07 are not tainted; the entire sport is tainted. You find me the last team to win a world series without someone on it who has been proven to do roids or is suspected of doing it. You'd probably have to go back a long way.

4. I am not going to sit here and defend the guy, but I'll just let him speak for himself and trust him:

"I want to talk about this situation and I will as soon as I have more answers," said Ortiz. "In the meantime I want to let you know how I am approaching this situation. One, I have already contacted the Players Association to confirm if this report is true. I have just been told that the report is true. Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive. Two, I will find out what I tested positive for. And, three, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public. You know me - I will not hide and I will not make excuses."

I look forward to hearing what he has to say. I for one would like to see someone come clean completely and not sit there and lie for everyone to see.

A few points.

Bud and MLB do not have access to the list from what I've read. only the government and the independent testing company.

but the players union may since they usually tell people when they fail....

A few points.

Is this what you were saying when it was A-rod, Giambi and Sheff who were outed as roiders?

another case of time owning someone:

http://www.blisstree.com/articles/red-star-david-ortiz-in-hospital-for-irregular-heartbeat-50/

Drugs, including anabolic steroids can cause heartbeat irregularities, but people should not jump to that conclusion because there are many possible causes, [Dr. Michael A.] Coady said. Stress and overtraining can also make the heart beat unevenly.:rl:

2004*, 2007*

Who knew that all it took to break the curse was a bunch of juice? If only they knew 90 years ago...

Now this I disagree with. The way I look at it, every team had it's share of juicers .....I am at the point where I beleive everyone did it.....therefore it was juice versus juice - even playing field.

They gave Ortiz a standing ovation in his first at bat today. And fyi- the NESN announcers didn't say a peep about the story once when he came to bat.

so i guess when yankees fans do a steroids chant next time ortiz is at NYS (and you know they will) then they should be called out as well.

Now this I disagree with. The way I look at it, every team had it's share of juicers .....I am at the point where I beleive everyone did it.....therefore it was juice versus juice - even playing field.

Ahh, how predictably typical of a NE fan. The "everybody's doin' it defense." :box:

Baseball is a joke.

The ball was juiced after the strike, Roids galore, half axx salary cap.

blame it on the Red Sox holding that meeting teaching players how to use steroids, the one Lou Merloni refered to ;)

or blame Ortiz and Manny for needing ROIDS to defeat the curse of the CLEAN Babe Ruth ;)

oh man this is nice payback for the Arod cousin jokes or Giambi jokes for the past 4 years hahahaha

i will still watch baseball.

I didn't say it was bad... there are just many others that I prefer in that style - Dogfish Head, Smuttynose, Sierra Nevada (Celebration Ale), Stone, Rogue, etc.

You are correct. Those are all better. Give Lagunitas a whirl. I think based on your choices, you'll like it.

Michael Kay addressed the ARod steroid issue extensively with his booth partners.

Archived