Big Papi used roids

GM

The best power hitter of this generation?

Randall Simon.

Although that time he hit the Milwaukee sausage in the head with a baseball bat could have been roid rage.

Man, my world is crumbling. I'm going to stop watching baseball.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few points.

1. To those who are saying Sox fans are quiet. I am sorry we have jobs and don't check JetNation at work. If you didn't think I'd show up, you obviously haven't been paying any attention.

2. Yankees fans taking joy in this revelation today are obviously missing the big picture. It is fairly obvious that probably 85% of players since probably the 1990s have been on some performance enhancing drug. What brought baseball back from the dead after the stroke is now becoming the death of it. The homerun era that enchanted so many has come back full force in this steroid era of baseball. No one is innocent and everyone in the majors is guilty. If you didn't do steroids but you knew your teammate was. Guilty. This whole situation is ruining the sport we all love and have grown up with as our pasttime. So continue to take pride in the fact that the sport is being absolutely destroyed.

3. The championships of 04 and 07 are not tainted; the entire sport is tainted. You find me the last team to win a world series without someone on it who has been proven to do roids or is suspected of doing it. You'd probably have to go back a long way.

4. I am not going to sit here and defend the guy, but I'll just let him speak for himself and trust him:

"I want to talk about this situation and I will as soon as I have more answers," said Ortiz. "In the meantime I want to let you know how I am approaching this situation. One, I have already contacted the Players Association to confirm if this report is true. I have just been told that the report is true. Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive. Two, I will find out what I tested positive for. And, three, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public. You know me - I will not hide and I will not make excuses."

I look forward to hearing what he has to say. I for one would like to see someone come clean completely and not sit there and lie for everyone to see.

5. Publish the whole list, Bud. It's the only thing to do now.

No one's arguing with you. What's hysterical is how quickly "The Nation" has changed its tune on the issue to the above. This is what we've been saying about the steroid situation from the day The Mitchell Report came out.

Until today, steroids was a big deal in New England. And it applied primarily to the "tainted" Yankees, which the rest of the civilized world already realized was a crock. Now the tune has changed. I'm not hearing much of that now. And won't have to ever again.

I asked. I assume you're of sound mind and not petty enough to lie about it. It should be enough, no?

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71346&highlight=alex+rodriguez

"I am sure there are plenty of high profile guys from a lot of teams if the sample they tested from had 104 players test positive. Just another example of how poorly Bud Selig (and his 18 million dollar salary) handled this era of baseball. I bet there are plenty of players from every team on the list. Probably some that would break the hearts of some fans. It now appears everyone did it.

And we'll all still watch the 2009 season with great anticipation. "

That's from the first page. Didn't rub it in any Yankee fans faces. I have too much respect for the game I love. MLB is definitely weighing and trying that respect and love though

No one's arguing with you. What's hysterical is how quickly "The Nation" has changed its tune on the issue to the above. This is what we've been saying about the steroid situation from the day The Mitchell Report came out.

Until today, steroids was a big deal in New England. And it applied primarily to the "tainted" Yankees, which the rest of the civilized world already realized was a crock. Now the tune has changed. I'm not hearing much of that now. And won't have to ever again.

There are more than one type of Red Sox fan, just as there are more than one type of Yankees fan. We both have our share of nimrods and arseholes.

I have been saying the same things since the Mitchell report came out. Calling out individual players like this is cutting of the nose to spite the face. It's a travesty that has tarnished baseball and everyone involved. Selig, Fehr and others should be run out of the league and probably brought up on charges. Everyone knew something was going on and no one did anything. They were too busy swimming naked in the piles of money. It's a joke.

There are more than one type of Red Sox fan, just as there are more than one type of Yankees fan. We both have our share of nimrods and arseholes.

I have been saying the same things since the Mitchell report came out. Calling out individual players like this is cutting of the nose to spite the face. It's a travesty that has tarnished baseball and everyone involved. Selig, Fehr and others should be run out of the league and probably brought up on charges. Everyone knew something was going on and no one did anything. They were too busy swimming naked in the piles of money. It's a joke.

If it was the player's association or MLB itself releasing names there would certainly be grounds for charges. However... the news isn't coming from either party. The list got out there because it got into the hands of the politicians when they were on their witch hunt.

Agreed on both points, but even you will admit that a majority of Sox fans clearly have a much larger obsession with the Yanks than vice versa. You don't hear "Red Sox sucks" chants at Knicks games.

If there's one thing we're fully in agreement on, it's that Selig is a complete buffoon. This was on the players association though too. Not only was this whole thing handled as poorly as possible (and 6 years later continues to be so), by why did it take until 2003 for any action to take place?

Yankee fans saying a frikkin' WORD about another team's steroid player is beyond hysterical. You gotta be freakin' kidding me.

Baseball has been dirty for a long time.

I dont know where or when it all changed, but I'd like to believe guys like Mantle, Yaz, Clemente, Bench were clean.

Agreed on both points, but even you will admit that a majority of Sox fans clearly have a much larger obsession with the Yanks than vice versa. You don't hear "Red Sox sucks" chants at Knicks games.

If there's one thing we're fully in agreement on, it's that Selig is a complete buffoon. This was on the players association though too. Not only was this whole thing handled as poorly as possible (and 6 years later continues to be so), by why did it take until 2003 for any action to take place?

+1 to both of you.

Didn't the big uproar start after that dude keeled over from the ephedra?

Yankee fans saying a frikkin' WORD about another team's steroid player is beyond hysterical. You gotta be freakin' kidding me.

Yeah right. We've had to listen to this **** from morons all day and now we aren't supposed to say boo? Go scratch your ass. EVERYBODY knew Ortiz was dirty, though I'd lean towards HGH more than juice with him, just like Giambi.

payback is a bitch. besides, how many Yankee fans were lining up to defend ARoid?

idk....but at this point does it really matter? i've come to the point where i feel that baseball really needs to look at itself and make some changes for the good of the long term. it's pretty obvious that most of the latest "elite" players have been juicing. even my once favorite met piazza. i've lost all respect for these players. they need to do something more substantial about the problem. also.....the way the current financial system is in the sport it makes it largely unbalanced towards big market teams........why have a league where, due to the current structure, some teams juist can't truly compete year in and year out? i still love the sport and will always watch and root for my team....but i'd love to see some changes. the nfl is just a much better system, and has made football america's true pasttime.

idk....but at this point does it really matter? i've come to the point where i feel that baseball really needs to look at itself and make some changes for the good of the long term. it's pretty obvious that most of the latest "elite" players have been juicing. even my once favorite met piazza. i've lost all respect for these players. they need to do something more substantial about the problem. also.....the way the current financial system is in the sport it makes it largely unbalanced towards big market teams........why have a league where, due to the current structure, some teams juist can't truly compete year in and year out? i still love the sport and will always watch and root for my team....but i'd love to see some changes. the nfl is just a much better system, and has made football america's true pasttime.

You prefer the NFL to MLB but you're upset about baseball players using juice? I've got news for you...

Bull**** Tommy. This is our chance to throw it back in their hypocritical faces.

****ing Boston fans with their holier-than-thou attitude and bull**** fantasies that their team didn't buy a championship when they paid a guy $40 million just to talk to him. :rolleyes:

Everything the city of Boston has ever won is tainted. They cheated to win their Super Bowls, they bought up a bunch of roidheads to win their World Series and they bought an NBA Championship a year ago.

Congratulations Boston, you dominated the asterisk decade!

You prefer the NFL to MLB but you're upset about baseball players using juice? I've got news for you...

well i obviously know that the nfl has a ped problem also.....but at least every team has a real chance to be competitive year in and year out. in the nfl it's actually of your FO and coaching that weighe more heavily on your success and not the depth of your pockets.

well i obviously know that the nfl has a ped problem also.....but at least every team has a real chance to be competitive year in and year out. in the nfl it's actually of your FO and coaching that weighe more heavily on your success and not the depth of your pockets.

It's the lack of a free market that causes the competitive chance you love so much. Actually baseball is probably better now that in the good old days when the Yankees really won all the time. I'm talking the 1920's - 1960's, not 1996-2000.

Bull**** Tommy. This is our chance to throw it back in their hypocritical faces.

****ing Boston fans with their holier-than-thou attitude and bull**** fantasies that their team didn't buy a championship when they paid a guy $40 million just to talk to him. :rolleyes:

Everything the city of Boston has ever won is tainted. They cheated to win their Super Bowls, they bought up a bunch of roidheads to win their World Series and they bought an NBA Championship a year ago.

Not bad points. :D:cheers:

Carry on!

Didn't the big uproar start after that dude keeled over from the ephedra?

It's funny - well, not "ha ha" funny, but I was thinking about that incident a couple of weeks ago. My friend called me to come down and play as a fill-in in his basketball league, because they only had 4 guys. The place was a 40 minute drive from my house and didn't start until 9PM, and I was tired from being up since 5:30AM and only got a few hours of sleep to boot. So, I think about drinking one of those energy drinks to perk up, but quickly remember that I'm completely out-of-shape and the Steve Bechler story pops into my head.

It's funny - well, not "ha ha" funny, but I was thinking about that incident a couple of weeks ago. My friend called me to come down and play as a fill-in in his basketball league, because they only had 4 guys. The place was a 40 minute drive from my house and didn't start until 9PM, and I was tired from being up since 5:30AM and only got a few hours of sleep to boot. So, I think about drinking one of those energy drinks to perk up, but quickly remember that I'm completely out-of-shape and the Steve Bechler story pops into my head.

Yeah, I usually think about Pete Maravich. When I start to fade and my heart rate is up I usually tell myself to suck it up, but in the midst of that I remember how old I am and Pistol Pete collapsing playing pick-up ball.

another classy post. throw it back in their faces... such maturity.

No wonder people hate yankee fans.

BTW... what proof do you have red sox players cheated in 2004 and 2007?

or that the Patriots cheated in their super bowl seasons?

another classy post. throw it back in their faces... such maturity.

No wonder people hate yankee fans.

BTW... what proof do you have red sox players cheated in 2004 and 2007?

or that the Patriots cheated in their super bowl seasons?

Well let's see. Manny tested positive in '03 and then again in '09. I'm sure he was clean in '04 and '07 though. :rolleyes:

These guys know how to mask it. They know how to cycle as to not get caught and many of them take stuff you can't test for like HGH and newer designer roids they haven't developed tests for yet.

Oh, and as a Yankee fan, I couldn't care less what other fans think of me. I have 26 World Championships and 39 Pennants in my back pocket, so blow me.

Eeyone needs to stop lumping Yankee fans into the "arrogant *******" category. You can't just stereotype like that. And honestly? It's all because of jealousy- that is the root of it all. There are millions if Yankee fans. Millions. So don't lump everyone into one category.

There I go being an arrogant Yankee fan. :rolleyes:

Archived