***The Official Matt Jones Thread*** - Your home for everything Matt Jones.

uart

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt Jones? Seriously? I've said it before and I'll say it again: our WR situation eerily reminds me of our WR situation in 1995, so I guess signing a bum like Jones would be appropro; he'd be our 2009 Charles Wilson.

Sign Matt Jones. He's not going to get in trouble, yes he has problems in the past, but he can play. He's better than what we have now.

What makes you think he is not going to get into trouble?

The guy has a nose like a vaccum cleaner that only picks up cocaine.

He is a wreck, a total mess, a waste of space, scumbag, dirtbag and the last thing on earth he cares about is Football.

NY would be the worst possible thing for this guy.

What makes you think he is not going to get into trouble?

The guy has a nose like a vaccum cleaner that only picks up cocaine.

He is a wreck, a total mess, a waste of space, scumbag, dirtbag and the last thing on earth he cares about is Football.

NY would be the worst possible thing for this guy.

"He's not going to get in trouble" is in reference to the fact that he isn't getting suspended for what happened so it's not so bad.

Do you even know what happened with Matt Jones?

He had one incident with cocaine, so that means he has "a nose like a vaccum cleaner that only picks up cocaine"? So the NFL suspends him three weeks. If it was truly a big problem, Jones would have been suspended for the remainder of the season.

He fails a drug test for ALCOHOL last month, for drinking beer at a golf outing with his buddies. So that bull**** violated his probation. He was sentenced to either 10 days in jail, or 6 weeks in a rehab facility.

Jones picked the jail time because the rehab interfered with NFL training camp. Is that something someone who "doesn't care about football" would do?

Please. Yeah, Matt Jones has problems...but 90% of it is bull****, the media hypes everything up.

Sign this beast.

"He's not going to get in trouble" is in reference to the fact that he isn't getting suspended for what happened so it's not so bad.

He had one incident with cocaine, so that means he has "a nose like a vaccum cleaner that only picks up cocaine"? So the NFL suspends him three weeks. If it was truly a big problem, Jones would have been suspended for the remainder of the season.

He fails a drug test for ALCOHOL last month, for drinking beer at a golf outing with his buddies. So that bull**** violated his probation. He was sentenced to either 10 days in jail, or 6 weeks in a rehab facility.

Jones picked the jail time because the rehab interfered with NFL training camp. Is that something someone who "doesn't care about football" would do?

Please. Yeah, Matt Jones has problems...but 90% of it is bull****, the media hypes everything up.

Sign this beast.

No, he had one incident in which he was caught by police.

Matt Jones getting caught doing coke is not exactly a surprise to a lot of people in Jacksonville is what JiF was getting at.

Matt Jones getting caught doing coke is not exactly a surprise to a lot of people in Jacksonville is what JiF was getting at.

LT and Michael Irvin did coke too. Just sayin.

Gotcha. I misunderstood, because trust me, he will be in trouble again.

I live in Jax remember, I went to UF. I have been following Matt Jones for quite sometime indirectly and he is a total and utter dip**** coke head.

You are not this naive. Thats the only incident he got caught and what moron pulls over in a church parking lot 5 miles from his house to cut lines with his buddy when the parking lot is completely empty and right off the major highway?

The guy snorts cocaine like no other. I was dating a girl that used to run with his crew. He hangs out with notorius coke dealers in Jax. The guy is at the bar 4 nights a week getting plastered and snorting coke. My buddy bartends at the bar he frequents the most. You know me, I have no reason to make this stuff up.

You could find him and Reggie Williams high out of their mind any given night out in about in this tiny little town. They are both 6'6 and not hard to spot out and they always stink like weed and are surrounded by the known coke heads in Jax Beach.

And about your suspension comment rules are rules. They dont change them for certain situations.

Sign this beast.

You obviously dont know the situation. He was on probation, drinking like a fish while his buddy was smoking bud on a golf course. What kind of moron goes out in public and does that while on probation? The guy is a total **** up. Check out the picture of him in court. Holy ****, he is a basket case.

The media doesnt need to tell me ****. I have scene it with my own eyes. I listen to sports radio here in town and they unfortunately they talk Jags all the time. I cant count the number of Jags COACHES that have blasted Matt Jones for being a total **** up who could careless about Football.

He picked jail because nobody is going to let a guy that has to prove his worth for a roster spot miss Trainging Camp, especially with his reputation.

And for christ sake, there is nothing at all "beastly" about Matt Jones. He is absolute garbage. The Jags have ZERO WR's and cut a first round pick and you fools think this guy is a beast. Its quite literally moronic to called Matt ****up Jones a beast.

JB, you are better than this.

And for christ sake, there is nothing at all "beastly" about Matt Jones. He is absolute garbage. The Jags have ZERO WR's and cut a first round pick and you fools think this guy is a beast. Its quite literally moronic to called Matt ****up Jones a beast.

+1 Billion

Gotcha. I misunderstood, because trust me, he will be in trouble again.

I live in Jax remember, I went to UF. I have been following Matt Jones for quite sometime indirectly and he is a total and utter dip**** coke head.

You are not this naive. Thats the only incident he got caught and what moron pulls over in a church parking lot 5 miles from his house to cut lines with his buddy when the parking lot is completely empty and right off the major highway?

The guy snorts cocaine like no other. I was dating a girl that used to run with his crew. He hangs out with notorius coke dealers in Jax. The guy is at the bar 4 nights a week getting plastered and snorting coke. My buddy bartends at the bar he frequents the most. You know me, I have no reason to make this stuff up.

You could find him and Reggie Williams high out of their mind any given night out in about in this tiny little town. They are both 6'6 and not hard to spot out and they always stink like weed and are surrounded by the known coke heads in Jax Beach.

And about your suspension comment rules are rules. They dont change them for certain situations.

You obviously dont know the situation. He was on probation, drinking like a fish while his buddy was smoking bud on a golf course. What kind of moron goes out in public and does that while on probation? The guy is a total **** up. Check out the picture of him in court. Holy ****, he is a basket case.

The media doesnt need to tell me ****. I have scene it with my own eyes. I listen to sports radio here in town and they unfortunately they talk Jags all the time. I cant count the number of Jags COACHES that have blasted Matt Jones for being a total **** up who could careless about Football.

He picked jail because nobody is going to let a guy that has to prove his worth for a roster spot miss Trainging Camp, especially with his reputation.

JB, you are better than this.

**** up or not, he's better than what we have. We can get him for pennies, and just hope he cleans his act up.

You have any idea how many NFL players (pros in general) do coke? They like coke almost as much as hookers. Jone's dumb ass just got caught.

No, he's really not.

Whose better? Clowney? Stuckey? Smith? Wright?

Nobody is better than Jones except Cotchery, numbers wise. We have no idea what the others are going to bring to the table in 2009 and beyond. With or without Jones they'll have enough time to prove if they're worthy of starting in the NFL. Jones will at the very least give us a tall prescense in the red zone, something we've been lacking a long, long time.

He's slow in pads.

Thats been one of his major problems. He doesnt have game speed and he has a really hard time getting past pressure at the LOS. He gets eaten up by strong corners because is such a whooping *****.

Then how did he average almost four first downs a game?

LOL

He had 24 first downs this year and Chansi Stuckey had 22 with half as many catches and 1 extra TD.

That isnt an impressive stat. They had nobody to throw to.

Bottom line is, the guy isnt good. The Jags prior to Holt had arguably the worst WR situations in the league and they cut him. Thats how good he is. He got cut from a 4 win team.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. I unfortunately watch and listen to a lot of Jags crap. You know the feeling living down there. The guy was a bum and just didnt give a ****. Maybe he's changed with all this trouble, 08 was definitely his best season thus far 4 years deep.

If Tanny decided to sign him, I hope he works out and it could make sense, I get it, as long as you dont give him money up front.

Archived