***The Official Matt Jones Thread*** - Your home for everything Matt Jones.

uart

Yea, why would we need to bring in another WR to compete for a spot when we have such great talent already.

We should be bringing in any WR that we can give a chance to make the team and not cost of a ton of money, we have **** for WR right now.

I could careless how much coke Jones does because I know for a fact a lot of NFL players (all pros) do coke, I've seen it.

If he comes here and makes the team then he's better then what we got, if he comes here and gets cut it cost us nothing.

:face:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea, why would we need to bring in another WR to compete for a spot when we have such great talent already.

We should be bringing in any WR that we can give a chance to make the team and not cost of a ton of money, we have **** for WR right now.

I could careless how much coke Jones does because I know for a fact a lot of NFL players (all pros) do coke, I've seen it.

If he comes here and makes the team then he's better then what we got, if he comes here and gets cut it cost us nothing.

Mick, I've already said I'm on board. Its just funny that there is much talk about such an average at best player. We need help, no doubt, if Matt Jones is who the CS feels will help us, then sobeit. I just wont expect a single thing from him at all.

Mick, I've already said I'm on board. Its just funny that there is much talk about such an average at best player. We need help, no doubt, if Matt Jones is who the CS feels will help us, then sobeit. I just wont expect a single thing from him at all.

I went back and watched a few Jags games from last season and to be honest Jones was suprisingly good in a lot of the games. He really does need a fire lit under his ass though. He's potentially a dominant WR if he could put his mind to it. His route running is sloppy at best but he knows how to utilize his size and would provide a big target useful to any offense, especially one desperate for a WR.

Watching him play though, I really don't see the 4.3 Forty time.

I went back and watched a few Jags games from last season and to be honest Jones was suprisingly good in a lot of the games. He really does need a fire lit under his ass though. He's potentially a dominant WR if he could put his mind to it. His route running is sloppy at best but he knows how to utilize his size and would provide a big target useful to any offense, especially one desperate for a WR.

People gassed up Jones coming out of college as some freak athlete. I never saw it....he's slow in pads and always has been.

People gassed up Jones coming out of college as some freak athlete. I never saw it....he's slow in pads and always has been.

I could careless what his 40 time is, he gets first downs, he was one of the best WR in the NFL last year in that area and we're going to need first downs having a run first O.

Yeah, Not sure about slow. He'd be in and around the same speed as Cotchery. Like Cotch he doesn't showcase the ability to stretch the field. He could still be very useful, this team is crying out for a 2nd option at WR. I liked the Allison signing, the kid has potential but Matt Jones would be a legitimate target that would help out our QB's.

I dont know how he ran so fast during his 40, but he is slow. No doubt about it.

I think what he started doing well last year was using his frame to create seperation and give Garrard an area to throw to that he could reach out and grab it. This abled him to make some 1st downs.

Thats about all he can offer.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived