Just In Case Anyone Is Heading Up To Cortland

SoFlaJets

I'm going. It's just a matter of which day(s). i was hoping to take some time off work next week or the week after, but my boss beat me to it. I'll have to find a weekend day to go.

Can I come?

how long of a drive is it from say Manhattan? A friend tonight said like 5 hours, is that right?

No, it shouldn't be more than 3 hours out of Manhattan. If I remember correctly, when I was going to school there, it would take me 4 hours to get home to Long Island.

No, it shouldn't be more than 3 hours out of Manhattan. If I remember correctly, when I was going to school there, it would take me 4 hours to get home to Long Island.

thanks T-99...did you see that link I posted bro? Talk about a one horse town. Burger King, Mickey D's, Taco Bell, KFC, Subway, Arbys, and Wendy's. I hope for the players health and nutrition that Woody brought his own chefs up there. It does look like a good place for pizza though.

thanks T-99...did you see that link I posted bro? Talk about a one horse town. Burger King, Mickey D's, Taco Bell, KFC, Subway, Arbys, and Wendy's. I hope for the players health and nutrition that Woody brought his own chefs up there. It does look like a good place for pizza though.

There were two decent restaurants, IIRC. I haven't been there in 20 years. There wasn't much there then, that's for sure.

How can it be that far a ride and Amtrack doesn`t have the Bar car going there from Manhatten.

how long of a drive is it from say Manhattan? A friend tonight said like 5 hours, is that right?

It's like 3 1/2, 4 hours from Brewster, NY.

Definitely not a ton to do in Cortland--a couple college bars, a few pizza joints and the like, but Syracuse is 25-30 minutes north and you can find all of your shopping mall/International Drive type amenities there.

I loved going to practices here on Long Island, but there's no way I'm driving four or five hours to see these guys run around in shells in Cortland. Rex wanted to get away from it all, at least got away from me.

I lol'd

...is this the original TomShane?

It must be. Anybody even slightly current would know I have not had a mustache in years.

BTW - Rain is ridiculous here. Washed out my trip to Cortland today.

P.S. Thor is stoned if he thinks you're getting from NYC to Cortland in 3 hours. 4.5 is more realistic.

It must be. Anybody even slightly current would know I have not had a mustache in years.

BTW - Rain is ridiculous here. Washed out my trip to Cortland today.

P.S. Thor is stoned if he thinks you're getting from NYC to Cortland in 3 hours. 4.5 is more realistic.

lol...

keep that weather up there please

hey JW...BTW I liked what you wrote about the Monday Night Miracle @ JI

thanks !

Archived