JaMarcus Russell shows up to camp overweight.... again.

JohnnyHector

From Rotoworld:

JaMarcus Russell admitted Thursday that he didn't report to Raiders training camp in ideal physical condition.

Will this guy ever get it? "I'm probably a little heavy," Russell acknowledged. "But I'm not 300 pounds like you all said last year." That's too bad, because the Raiders needed a left tackle to protect Jeff Garcia's blind side.

:rl:

Wow, a lot of shocking news today, First David Roidtiz now this!

Really!

Who ever would have thought a guy who hit 56 HRs just 3 seasons ago and can't get into the double digits now was on roids? And JaMarcus Russell reporting overweight? What's this world coming to? That guy has always been the epitome of physical conditioning.

Those 2 really came out of left field...

Russell would be a decent, possibly good, Quarterback if he weren't in Oakland, weight issues or no weight issues. I truly believe this. Our own Kris Jenkins had a history of weight issues before we got him and gave him a weight clause in his contract. In Russell's next contract, I am sure he will receive the exact same thing.

Russell would be a decent, possibly good, Quarterback if he weren't in Oakland, weight issues or no weight issues. I truly believe this. Our own Kris Jenkins had a history of weight issues before we got him and gave him a weight clause in his contract. In Russell's next contract, I am sure he will receive the exact same thing.

Are you serious? If your QB needs a weight clause in his contract, say hello to the Land of No Playoffs. And, you probably don't have a leader if he needs that clause.

He's a naturally fat phuck. It doesnt help that he's from that fat state of Louisiana where they eat fried chicken and pork products for breakfast lunch & dinner.

How is that different from your own eating habits, except that we don't eat watermelon for desert?

Michael Vick = Oakland Raider

It's only a matter of time.

it makes a lot of sense on a few different levels-Oakland has never had problems with 'character issues' guys. I'm in the minority here on Vick-I think he deserves a second chance-he's served his time and learned his lesson.

431340201.jpg
Son of a b*tch! :bag:

Anyway, Jamarcus Russell, it just shows horrible lack of discipline. Showing up overweight is like an actor not knowing his lines. I don't see anything wrong with a weight clause, but personally, anything that reeks of failure in Oakland is fine by me at the end of the day. I've nothing against that team staying in Hell for all eternity. In fact, it tickles me.

If I'm a Raiders fan and Jamarcus Russell is the opening day starter with Jeff Garcia on the bench, I'm getting a gun and ending my misery right there. I'm starting to almost feel bad for their fans.

So, you'd be pissed that the 3rd-year first overall pick is playing in favor of a 40-year old that lost his job to Brian Griese last year?

My reaction would be the polar opposite.

Archived