Vick "getting close" to finding a team.

Alk

Gee, does Alk think he'll be going to Oakland? ;)

Oakland, St.Louis, Buffalo, Miami and Dallas are the teams (and yes I know a couple of those teams already said "no" in the media, but nobody can listen to that) that I think have the best shot of bringing in Vick.

The only team I could see him really getting a legitimate sniff with would be the Indianapolis Colts because of the Tony Dungy connection. I know they don't love bad dudes on that team, bbut I can see Dungy calling in alot of favors with the franchise he helped build. Vick in the slot, with Manning throwing to him> Ridiculous.

Possibility of Vick to Pats still looms

Posted by Mike Florio on July 30, 2009 4:18 PM ET

At a time when most coaches, General Managers, or owners who are addressing publicly the question of whether their respective teams will make a run at quarterback Mike Vick suggest that a relationship isn't in the offing, the ever-vague Bill Belichick offered up some of his patented ambiguity on Thursday.

"Michael is an outstanding player, you know, hasn't played in a couple years," Belichick said, per Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald. "But right now, our focus is on our team and our player, trying to get the New England Patriots ready. That's where my attention has been. But exactly where he is right now, I don't know."

You'll notice it's not a "no, not now" or a "no, not ever" from Belichick. Using the same word-parsing that Belichick applied two years ago to the rules regarding the videotaping of defensive coaching signals, all Belichick really said was that he's not aware of Vick's current geographic location.

Meanwhile, Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald is convinced that the Pats will make a run at Vick, based on Darlington's belief that the Patriots wanted to land Pat White in round two of the 2009 draft.

We've previously heard a rumor or two linking Vick to the Patriots. The sticking point, if there's mutual interest, could be that the Pats will want a multi-year deal, and that Vick would prefer a one-year arrangement, which would allow him to pursue a starting job elsewhere in 2010.

Others believe that Vick is destined for New England. LaVar Arrington, formerly of the Redskins and Giants, said during our spot on his new D.C. radio show that he thinks the Pats are the odds-on favorites to get Vick, given that Belichick can provide the right structure -- and that the fan base will be inclined to get in line behind the team.

Hey, even if acquiring Vick would end up being a distraction, the Pats proved a couple of years ago that they tend to thrive when they occupy the center of attention for not-so-good reasons. Indeed, in the aftermath of Spygate, they only went on to win every game of the regular season.

Of course, the ultimate irony of a Vick/Pats marriage would be that Belichick would have to collaborate with one of his primary antagonists of the past seven seasons -- former Colts coach Tony Dungy, who is serving as a mentor and advisor to Vick. Though the relationship isn't quite at the Belichick-Mangini level, Dungy's comments in the wake of the 2007 cheating scandal likely haven't been forgotten by Belichick.

The only team I could see him really getting a legitimate sniff with would be the Indianapolis Colts because of the Tony Dungy connection. I know they don't love bad dudes on that team, bbut I can see Dungy calling in alot of favors with the franchise he helped build. Vick in the slot, with Manning throwing to him> Ridiculous.

So Vick as an Eddie Royal type role? Interesting they both are from Va and went to Tech. Thats actually sounds pretty good. Cool experiment to watch.

If he can still play QB to the level he once could (BIG if) then I don't see why a team like the Rams don't take a shot on him.

He'd immediately provide an elite running game with Jackson as the back and wouldn't be a sitting duck like Marc Bulger. If that team was looking to win now then I think they should at least be interested.

If he'd play slot Wr I'd take him on my team in a minute. :)

a guy i work with is a HUGE steeler fan...he said he heard that the Steelers are seriously interested in him....Tomlin loves Vick (supposedly)..

a guy i work with is a HUGE steeler fan...he said he heard that the Steelers are seriously interested in him....Tomlin loves Vick (supposedly)..

What number would Roethlisberger be changing to?

From what I saw in Minicamp when I attended the practices, Leon was the one running the Wildcat now, not Brad.

Well, that's good news.

Leon is much more explosive.

Plus, he's probably a better passer than Brad Smith.

I've heard those rumors as well. I seriously doubt the Steelers would sign him though. I suspect he wants to play QB and get a chance to start somewhere.

I've heard those rumors as well. I seriously doubt the Steelers would sign him though. I suspect he wants to play QB and get a chance to start somewhere.

There won't be many starting opportunities for him out there this year. It's late in the process, and he's been out of the game for two years. His best bet would be a Steelers or Patriots situation, where the team is much bigger than him, and he has the chance to maybe get on the field in "wildcat" packages behind clear #1 QB's. Set himself up for a chance to start the following year.

If he were to get involved in a QB controversy this year (Vikes, Raiders), I think it could get ugly for him fast. Better to start off slow in the warm, fuzzy backup role. He'll get his chance.

There won't be many starting opportunities for him out there this year. It's late in the process, and he's been out of the game for two years. His best bet would be a Steelers or Patriots situation, where the team is much bigger than him, and he has the chance to maybe get on the field in "wildcat" packages behind clear #1 QB's. Set himself up for a chance to start the following year.

If he were to get involved in a QB controversy this year (Vikes, Raiders), I think it could get ugly for him fast. Better to start off slow in the warm, fuzzy backup role. He'll get his chance.

Word. What's missing in all of this is that he was never that good a quarterback in the first place. His best value will be a niche player, in the slot, taking handoffs, etc.

Call me nuts, because I won't beleive it 'till I see it - but A very recent rumor (as in an hour ago) states that several folks saw Vick at Logan Airport - arrivals - today.

I am not onboard with this potential signing. No, not because he had a hand in killing a bunch of dogs (as far as I am concerned he has more than paid the price)....but why would you ever take the ball out of #12's hands? Maybe he can return punts?

Again, it's rumor and I can't beleive it.

Call me nuts, because I won't beleive it 'till I see it - but very recent rumor (as in an hour ago) states that several folks saw Vick and Logan Airport - arrivals - today.

I am not onboard with this potential signing. No, not because he had a hand in killing a bunch of dogs (as far as I am concerned he has more than paid the price)....but why would you ever take the ball out of #12's hands? Maybe he can return punts?

my 2 choices would have been Raidahs or pats

Al davis always likes to stick it to NFL

and Mumbles just loves to stick it...;)

Call me nuts, because I won't beleive it 'till I see it - but very recent rumor (as in an hour ago) states that several folks saw Vick and Logan Airport - arrivals - today.

Gotta love Boston. A black man lands at the airport and all the white folks get warned via E-mail and/or Twitter.

Gotta love Boston. A black man lands at the airport and all the white folks get warned via E-mail and/or Twitter.

...nah, they get warned via barstoolsports.com. :) It's the kind of place Borgo would enjoy (especially the game of "guess that ass") - if you can look beyond the Boston Sports Bias.

Assmop, you could be right. BB could just do it to piss people off. And if that is the reason? BRAVO! Ah, I love BB!

...nah, they get warned via barstoolsports.com. :) It's the kind of place Borgo would enjoy (especially the game of "guess that ass") - if you can look beyond the Boston Sports Bias.

Assmop, you could be right. BB could just do it to piss people off. And if that is the reason? BRAVO! Ah, I love BB!

that's not what i meant by stick it;)

Moss and Vick a fine duo

that's not what i meant by stick it;)

Moss and Vick a fine duo

Moss has been nothing but a good citizen in Foxboro.

I'm not a Vick fan - not because of the Dog crap - but because I think he is one of the most over-rated QB's of all time. Quite frankly, I think he sucks.

BB can walk on water....;)

Moss has been nothing but a good citizen in Foxboro.

I'm not a Vick fan - not because of the Dog crap - but because I think he is one of the most over-rated QB's of all time. Quite frankly, I think he sucks.

BB can walk on water....;)

He will do what Kevin Faulk does for you, but twice as fast. No team in the AFC East has a player on their roster that can cover him in 3-wide.

Who says he can even play WR? It takes more than speed.

He already has some semblance of knowledge in terms of reading coverages, and we know he has amazing lateral agility and speed. Add to that, he won't be asked to be a primary receiver, rather he will be in the slot and charged with beating his man one-on-one with his athleticism. I think he can do that with minimal problems.

Archived