Sir, may I see your license and registration?

JerryK

Why do we need to carry those stupid registration cards in our cars?

In 30 seconds, the cop pulling you over runs your tag on his computer and knows your car is legit, your blood type, and what time you wake up at night to pee.

The card has no purpose.

idiots.

they may find it useful to see how you react to the request. Are you calm and collected or nervous ? do you have it handy in the glovebox or do you have to look under the seat for it ?

it may also just give them time to look in the car for stuff

they may find it useful to see how you react to the request. Are you calm and collected or nervous ? do you have it handy in the glovebox or do you have to look under the seat for it ?

it may also just give them time to look in the car for stuff

If they want to stand there and check me out I'm cool with that....they should ask me to recite the pledge of allegience or something.

I cleaned out my car and cant find the stupid card, so now I have to go to the dmv and get a free replacement...

-cant reprint it online

-gotta give up my lunch from work

-stand in line behind immigrants arguing about papers

-and sit next to old people who gave up bathing during the depression

Another thing I don't get is when evaluating if you're drunk or not, sometimes they'll ask you to say the ABC's backwards. ****. I couldn't do that if I was sober. Believe me, I've tried.

Another thing I don't get is when evaluating if you're drunk or not, sometimes they'll ask you to say the ABC's backwards. ****. I couldn't do that if I was sober. Believe me, I've tried.

thats a BS test and if true can probably help the cop lose a dwi case.

Why do we need to carry those stupid registration cards in our cars?

In 30 seconds, the cop pulling you over runs your tag on his computer and knows your car is legit, your blood type, and what time you wake up at night to pee.

The card has no purpose.

idiots.

So they can give you a ticket for not having it.

:Typotux:

thats a BS test and if true can probably help the cop lose a dwi case.

Dude that is SUCH an urban legend. It's complete B.S. No cop is going to make you recite the alphabet backwards and no one in their right mind would try it. I absolutely love the conspiracy theories out there.

So they can give you a ticket for not having it.

:Typotux:

In Michigan yes, as a secondary violation. It's a waivable a/k/a "Fix It" ticket and when signed off on, can be dismissed. Asking for the is more of a means for establishing the driver as the owner of the vehicle (Having and/or knowing where the papers are) vs. a document we really need. By the time we pull you over, we already know your license plate and driving status/history.

It's because that is EXACTLY what they want you to say, it's basically an admission that you are drunk.

When I got a DWI they made me stick my arms out like I was on a crucifix tilt my head back and count from 100 backwards -- I failed.

IN Texas they ask for Licence and proof of insurance -- not the registration.

When I got a DWI they made me sticke my arms out like I was on a crucifix tilt my head back and count from 100 backwards -- I failed.

IN Texas they ask for Licence and proof of insurance -- not the registration.

I was just about to say the same thing. The registration sticker's on the windshield (not the license plate) but they don't ask for registration, just license and insurance. That's why they give us lots of insurance cards -- we're supposed to have one in our wallet and one in the car at all times.

Archived