Help me come up with a new look for my blog

Klecko73isGod

Personally, I like it. The "Suck Suck Suck Pain" backdrop is hilarious. I'm no ex[ert, but I don't think Wordpress allows for a ton of stylistic options anyway.

I'm not crazy about the color. I would like true Jets colors.

I also want to turn the page on the negative woe-is-me crap. The original backdrop was CTM's baby so that's why it's so whiny.

I'm not crazy about the color. I would like true Jets colors.

I also want to turn the page on the negative woe-is-me crap. The original backdrop was CTM's baby so that's why it's so whiny.

Believe me, homey. When you're a Jets fan for a long time, you learn that "the negative woe is me crap" never goes out of style.

http://ainteasybeingreen.wordpress.com/

Want to change it up for 2009. I'm looking for a new logo and background and I am completely clueless when it comes to doing this type of stuff.

I want to launch the new look by the season opener.

Any help from my JN brethren would be greatly appreciated.

ask Joebaby...thats his business now.........

http://ainteasybeingreen.wordpress.com/

Want to change it up for 2009. I'm looking for a new logo and background and I am completely clueless when it comes to doing this type of stuff.

I want to launch the new look by the season opener.

Any help from my JN brethren would be greatly appreciated.

wordpress is my specialty yo! There is another thread I have on here for people looking for sites.

Personally, I like it. The "Suck Suck Suck Pain" backdrop is hilarious. I'm no ex[ert, but I don't think Wordpress allows for a ton of stylistic options anyway.

Actually it is the opposite, if you can code your own options or settle for a crappy free theme. Wordpress, as long as you are on your own domain, is hugely customizable. A lot of non-blog sites are using it now, i use it for my basic site at www.thejm3.com. Its large developer community, refinement, cms, and seo possibilities make it a great tool for building sites, both blog and non blog sites alike. Max runs the jn homepage on wordpress as well.

ask Joebaby...thats his business now.........

Thanks for the mention!

For the record though, i have really been involved with marketing/branding/consulting on the internet since 1998 before most people really were into the web, I was just doing it for my own business or businesses I was working for. i just recently decided (due to a change in the economy and recent change in schedule lol) to put some of my services out there on a freelance basis. I am really looking to get into the small business and personal blog/website niche as I see that were my talents are.

lol, way to hijack your own thread!

Kleck is the JN Brawler!

Back on topic. Kleck, you need to get your own domain for a bunch of reasons. It really doesn't cost much, brown bag your lunch for a week and you have it;)

So you're saying I should hold a contest to come up with a new look AND name for my blog and the prize can be a dream date with Crusher?

So you're saying I should hold a contest to come up with a new look AND name for my blog and the prize can be a dream date with Crusher?

no, but if you think that would work have at it!

lol, you don't need to change your name, but you should have your own domain. Wordpress really limits you when you are on their server. Plus if you get to a point where you can monetize the site with ads, sponsors or whatever you want the freedom to be able to do it however you want. The WORST thing to do is put it off until the site gets bigger, you will lose all your ranking in google and all the indexed pages in the search engine will 404 notfound and any links to your site or pages that you amass ill be crap. Those are all things that will KILL your site dead. The worst thing people can do is not properly plan their sites out for the future and take into account how changes will upset the apple cart. Changing domains is horrible, as is anything that upsets the link structure, like changes to forums or content management systems. Sometimes you have to do these things, but if it can be helped at all you want to start the right way from the beginning, or make the change as soon as possible. Waiting for it to get big is a recipe for disaster.

;)

I owe you rep for this post..

Kleckturd, 2 things:

1) That backdrop was not my creation nor was it done by my instruction, but I do think the original creator did a good job.

2) I suggest you return to your original gay avatar roots in 2009 and go with someting based off the below:

gay-pride-float-men.jpg

Archived