According to NFL Network the SB has already

afosomf

The 28th pass defense has been revamped. It will be better because Hobbs was awful.

Well I have a question for you then. Who will be the starting CB's?

If its really Springs and Bodden, what makes you think their really gonna revamp your pass D? I mean Springs is old as hell and probably lost a step. Besides I dont remember Washington having many talented CB's to begin with and Springs didn't do that well last year. And Bodden had a good year in 2007, but last year he was horrendous, as was the rest of the Lions. If Bodden can get back to form, he'll be great. But I don't see the other CB spot holding up too well.

The Jets always play 1 tough game vs NE. Miami could even be better, but I'm still not sold on Buffalo.

Buffalo has a lot of questions, in particular their O-line. Usually an o-lines takes time to gel, and a lot of players were moved around that I dont think Edwards will have enough time in the pocket to look for TO down the field.

The Jets always play 1 tough game vs NE. Miami could even be better, but I'm still not sold on Buffalo.

In fairness, its usually 1 and 1/2 tough games from the Jets for the Pats. One game is always one where they play tough throughout and maybe even win, the other however, the Jets usually either: (1) start off strong before getting blown out in the second half or (2) get embarrassed in the first half before playing rather impressive in the second half but ultimately being too little, too late.

Come on now, give the credit where it's due. :biggrin:

He's gonna have his hands full with the offense as the Pats still have no offensive coordinator. Josh McDaniel called the plays the last two years. Who is going to be calling the plays this year? Brady? QB Coach Bill O'Brien? Belichick?

Brady and O'Brien. Brady has called his own plays before and hes assisted in forming game plans for a few years now.

Brady is very involved throughout the week of preparation by design.

It seems to me that BB is out to prove he can be an offensive genius as well as a defensive genius and I think it might backfire on him badly.

He's never called offensive plays in his life

Yes he has.

and his focus on the offense is going to take away his attention from rebuilding the defense which is the weakest part of this team

Its called delegating responsibility and Belichick has done an exceptional job with that ever since 2000.

At the same time Belichick is involved in all facets of the team and has the final over ride on play calls. He jumped Manginis axx in SB39 for being in the wrong pass defense.

The "experts" are being awestruck by their offensive talent while totally disregarding the Pats disregard of their defense during the offseason and the Pats lack of an experienced offensive game planners and play caller.

Brady

The 28th pass defense has been revamped. It will be better because Hobbs was awful.

:lol:

9th in the NFL aint middle road where I'm from.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Yeah, top 5 rush D would be nice but not really necessary. The pass D improves and NE is back BABY!

In reality, without any spin, they ranked 15th against the rush in the league:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

They gave up 4.1 YPC, also 15th in the league.

Improving their passing defense won't help that at all and they did nothing to address it in the offseason.

You HOPE their secondary will be better. Chances are, Shawn Springs will look his age and Bodden may be a slight upgrade but he's no shutdown corner by any stretch of the imagination.

Plus, you still have no offensive gameplanner or play caller on their coaching staff. Who is going to run the offense?

Brady and O'Brien. Brady has called his own plays before and hes assisted in forming game plans for a few years now.

Brady is very involved throughout the week of preparation by design.

Yes he has.

Its called delegating responsibility and Belichick has done an exceptional job with that ever since 2000.

At the same time Belichick is involved in all facets of the team and has the final over ride on play calls. He jumped Manginis axx in SB39 for being in the wrong pass defense.

Brady

You hope. Brady's never called his own plays. BB has had input in offensive playcalling as HC but he's never done it fulltime.

You better hope they never have to come back from more than 10 this year.

Buffalo has a lot of questions, in particular their O-line. Usually an o-lines takes time to gel, and a lot of players were moved around that I dont think Edwards will have enough time in the pocket to look for TO down the field.

I agree.

I like Edwards and I also see TO being a cancer like hes been on almost every team.

With Brady back behind center they are the best team in the league.

The 2009 offense has a great chance at being better than the 2007 one. It is more loaded and the defense is also younger.

They are going to go for 19-0 once again, whether you like it or not.

The 2009 offense has a great chance at being better than the 2007 one. It is more loaded and the defense is also younger.

Now I know for sure the Pats have zero chance of winning the SB this year. :yes:

thank you pat kirwin

Please....the Pats chances and success has come and gone. Brady will be a shell of his former self. He got married, has another kid o the way....many Qb's dont ever come back as good as their former selves after injuries like this. The Jets and pats will be in a dog fight for the East crown, but our defense and HC has the edge here. We have team speed on Defense that hasnt been seen since the Ravens SB year.

MOga

:rl: :rl: :rl:

What the heck does getting married and having a SECOND kid have to do anything with his on field success? Give me a freakin' break. The most recent Brady like surgery, Carson Palmer's, his issue hasn't been his leg. And, he didn't have an entire year to come back from the surgeries like Brady does.

Tom Brady will be fine and in 2009 the Jets and Dolphins arn't coming close to sniffing the AFC East crown.

BTW, "we have team speed on Defense that hasnt been seen since the Ravens SB year"?

Are you kidding me!? :rl:

Please....the Pats chances and success has come and gone. Brady will be a shell of his former self. He got married, has another kid o the way....many Qb's dont ever come back as good as their former selves after injuries like this. The Jets and pats will be in a dog fight for the East crown, but our defense and HC has the edge here. We have team speed on Defense that hasnt been seen since the Ravens SB year.

MOga

Please leave the thread with your weak ass argument, and take your FAIL with you.

• Upvote 1

Well I have a question for you then. Who will be the starting CB's?

Too early to tell but Wheatley was having a great camp in 07 but wound up on IR.

Butler, Bodden, Springs? NE always loses a CB for the season during camp.

If its really Springs and Bodden, what makes you think their really gonna revamp your pass D? I mean Springs is old as hell and probably lost a step.

He was the fastest guy on the team last season. Santana Moss is on that team.

Besides I dont remember Washington having many talented CB's to begin with and Springs didn't do that well last year. And Bodden had a good year in 2007, but last year he was horrendous, as was the rest of the Lions. If Bodden can get back to form, he'll be great. But I don't see the other CB spot holding up too well.

Hobbs played 10 yards off the WR. There has to be someone better than him out there.

In fairness, its usually 1 and 1/2 tough games from the Jets for the Pats. One game is always one where they play tough throughout and maybe even win, the other however, the Jets usually either: (1) start off strong before getting blown out in the second half or (2) get embarrassed in the first half before playing rather impressive in the second half but ultimately being too little, too late.

Come on now, give the credit where it's due. :biggrin:

I always remember the Jets playing all out in Foxboro but struggling at home.

Its no spin. FO is used by ESPN.

They break down every play and just dont use a broad paint brush like you're doing

If NE has a lead and they are playing pass D all the way, but the opposing offense takes the run yards given, that would go against NE's RYPG. But a run is exactly what NE wants to keep the clock moving and keep said team out of the EZ.

Improving their passing defense won't help that at all and they did nothing to address it in the offseason.

Theres nothing wrong with it to begin with. The Giants have similar numbers and theyre ranked 9th by your way of looking at things.

You HOPE their secondary will be better. Chances are, Shawn Springs will look his age and Bodden may be a slight upgrade but he's no shutdown corner by any stretch of the imagination.

Chances are that the problem wont be as bad with Hobbs gone.

Plus, you still have no offensive gameplanner or play caller on their coaching staff. Who is going to run the offense?

Thomas Edward Brady

Edited by PatriotReign37