I saw Duane and the De-Jet-Erates today

Maxman

Sad day. They won't be tailgating this year, no longer going to the games.

They say all good things must come to an end. It just sucks when corporate greed (PSLs) are the cause.

Uncle Tony, Duane and the rest of the gang you will be missed.

They say all good things must come to an end. It just sucks when corporate greed (PSLs) are the cause.

Tell the truth, you're sad because it's the end of free burgers.

(That does suck, though)

psl's have nothing to do with this year.

They absolutely have to do with this year. Take the Harley guys for example. I think their season ticket seniority dated back to the early 80's. They had 12 seats, most of which were in the front row club. Uncle Tony is so against the PSLs that he told them he isn't renewing this year.

They have those guys on different kind of lists because of the amount of money they spend. He gets calls from the Jets often. His answer is always the same, drop the PSLs and I will buy seats again. Until then, stop calling me.

He isn't alone.

They absolutely have to do with this year. Take the Harley guys for example. I think their season ticket seniority dated back to the early 80's. They had 12 seats, most of which were in the front row club. Uncle Tony is so against the PSLs that he told them he isn't renewing this year.

They have those guys on different kind of lists because of the amount of money they spend. He gets calls from the Jets often. His answer is always the same, drop the PSLs and I will buy seats again. Until then, stop calling me.

He isn't alone.

and how bad is the timing in all of this Max...demanding all the PSL $$ right when the economy falls off the edge of the planet. The thing is though, the rich people like Woody don't really notice how tough it is out there for the rest of us working slobs.

and how bad is the timing in all of this Max...demanding all the PSL $$ right when the economy falls off the edge of the planet. The thing is though, the rich people like Woody don't really notice how tough it is out there for the rest of us working slobs.

the $400 game ticket is just insanity. Only corporations could afford that. And yes, the timing was terrible from the increase in steel prices to the recession. It is a text book case of how not to build a stadium. Some if it is just bad luck and was out of their control. Other things were just pure greed and they are paying the price for that (empty seats).

the $400 game ticket is just insanity. Only corporations could afford that. And yes, the timing was terrible from the increase in steel prices to the recession. It is a text book case of how not to build a stadium. Some if it is just bad luck and was out of their control. Other things were just pure greed and they are paying the price for that (empty seats).

hey I might have two seats up in heaven for the Miami game Max....think about it

hey I might have two seats up in heaven for the Miami game Max....think about it

I would love to go but I just don't see it happening. Lots of other bills are higher on the priority list at this point unfortunately. :-P

I would love to go but I just don't see it happening. Lots of other bills are higher on the priority list at this point unfortunately. :-P

yea and and the wife just told me that she isn't going to try and get her and James two better seats anyway because of the exact reason...hey at least we won't have to worry about being even closer to the sun that night. I swear after the last time I was there my brain was slowy being roasted and I swore I was done with Jets games at that stadium.

yea and and the wife just told me that she isn't going to try and get her and James two better seats anyway because of the exact reason...hey at least we won't have to worry about being even closer to the sun that night. I swear after the last time I was there my brain was slowy being roasted and I swore I was done with Jets games at that stadium.

Be careful roasting your brain. You never know how much is left exactly. :-P

He isn't alone.

Max, you had previously told me they were giving up the front row club for this year.

You really have to be pissed to give them up because of the psls. I really don't blame them. We thought about

it but for the few games that I go up for I decided it was worth it.

For the 2010 season I have a deal for the club seats but after that it's

all over but the shouting.

Max, you had previously told me they were giving up the front row club for this year.

You really have to be pissed to give them up because of the psls. I really don't blame them. We thought about

it but for the few games that I go up for I decided it was worth it.

For the 2010 season I have a deal for the club seats but after that it's

all over but the shouting.

I think that sums it up well and yes they do seem pissed. More a matter of principle than anything else. I have two rules in life:

1. Never fight a Marine

2. Don't piss off Harley guys

So far those rules have served me well. :-P

I got to meet them last year here in Buffalo. What great guys ! I can't say I blame them at all about the PSL's.

I got to meet them last year here in Buffalo. What great guys ! I can't say I blame them at all about the PSL's.

I have a feeling they will make their way to buffalo again this season.

You are right, a great bunch of guys, they never asked for a thing, just came out big time to have a great time and provide a great party for everyone. Duane and Tony and the boys are all solid in my book. I'll keep a few beers on ice for any of them if they decide to make an appearance this year;). You have to admire Tony sticking to his guns, this clearly isn't a money issue.

Whatever happened to a wealthy developer buying/leasing a piece of property and spending his own money to build a facility that will make him millions?

He can go to the city/state and ask for a tax break since hes bringing in revenue via his venture. He can sell the naming rights to the building and leases on which restaurants will be allowed to sell food in his facility. Theres outdoor concerts, soccer and college football games which could be hosted in the stadium.

Someday if he sold the building its doubtful he wouldnt turn a profit unless the NFL goes South.

Why should the fans put money into stadium construction where they then have to pay to sit in a seat they already bought?

I have a feeling they will make their way to buffalo again this season.

You are right, a great bunch of guys, they never asked for a thing, just came out big time to have a great time and provide a great party for everyone. Duane and Tony and the boys are all solid in my book. I'll keep a few beers on ice for any of them if they decide to make an appearance this year;). You have to admire Tony sticking to his guns, this clearly isn't a money issue.

Absolutely Joe. Sadly the Jets / " Buffalo" game will be in TOronTO this year. :(

Sorry to hear that.. Its always sad when a 'tradition' ends..

I will raise money for a new tailgate by doing lap dances if you think it will help...

Here is my latest photo from beach last week..

craig-speedo.jpg

That is too bad- such nice people that were so generous and never asked for anything from anybody that showed up there- nice way to piss off your loyal Jet fans Woody .

Although I am "the enemy," I have to say that the Harley Crew was always beyond generous and kind to me whenever I made the Jets/Pats game. So, thank you!!!!

That dose suck, Uncle Tony was a class act and a great host..

and in case anyone is interested, 16-H also is closing shop this year...we will all have to crash 4-H now

LOL! 4H is under construction ;) 5H is the spot :)

Archived