*sigh* will it never end?

stormshadow19

What do the Rangers have, 4 cups since 1926?

Boston has what, 5?

May be Original Six, but thats pathetic.

Some teams have 4 in a lot fewer years :wink:

As for the Original Six, this quote sums it up perfectly:

Some criticize the era...for featuring too many dominant teams (Montreal never missed the playoffs from 1949-1967, Toronto missed once, and Detroit missed twice, while the other 3 teams competed for one berth)

You miss the point. The New York Rangers are an original six team, unlike the johnny-come-lately Wet Wings.

Are you ******* retarded? Do they even teach a reading comprehension class where ever in the world you went to school at? Did you even graduate?

The Detroit Red Wings are an Original Six team, as I stated.

Yeah... and they have the least amount of Cups out of the Original Six, of which the Red Wings are also an Original Six team. With their 11 Cups. Maybe you didn't get that. 11 Stanley Cups.

Not only are the Wings an Original Six team, they have far more Cups than your Rangers, who have not even made the playoffs this century.

Man, you're ignorant.

Are you farging retarded? Do they even teach a reading comprehension class where ever in the world you went to school at? Did you even graduate?

The Detroit Red Wings are an Original Six team, as I stated.

Dude, put the pipe down. Original Six:

NEW YORK RANGERS

BOSTON BRUINS

MONTREAL CANADIENS

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

The Pittsburgh Penguins are most definitely NOT an Original 6 team.

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Original_Six

I hope this post was a joke, like all the Bollywood posts.

Heh... nice. I knew Jetstone was coocoo for cocca puffs, but damn...

Original Six

The Original Six is the term used by fans of ice hockey to refer to the six National Hockey League teams that existed before the league's expansion in 1967. They are:

* Montreal Canadiens (1909, joined NHL 1917)

* Toronto Maple Leafs (1917)

* Boston Bruins (1924)

* Detroit Red Wings (1926)

* Chicago Blackhawks (1926)

* New York Rangers (1926)

The term is somewhat of a misnomer; as shown above, only two of the teams are actual original members of the NHL. In fact, three of them were formed in an earlier expansion that enlarged the league to ten teams, its maximum size before 1967. But all six of them do date from the league's first decade, and from 1942 to 1967 the six teams formed the entire league, after such franchises as the Montreal Maroons, New York Americans, and the original Ottawa Senators were done in by the Great Depression.

The small league meant that the number of players at the NHL level was also small, and so the quality of play was high. There was none of the dilution of talent seen in the NHL in the later "expansion era". The same teams would play each other up to 14 times each season; rivalries would develop, and it was easy for fans to become familiar with all of the players. The league at times played to 95% capacity.

Some criticize the era as having too easy of a playoff system (Only 2 teams were eliminated after the 50-60-70 game regular seasons), for featuring too many dominant teams (Montreal never missed the playoffs from 1949-1967, Toronto missed once, and Detroit missed twice, while the other 3 teams competed for one berth), and for having very autocratic and monopolistic practices by the owners (including the Norris family at one point owning 3 of the 6 franchises and the 4 US arenas). Increased pressure of an opposing league forming and lucrative US TV contracts convinced the six owners to go ahead with expansion.

The "Original Six era" is often referred to with great respect and nostalgia by hockey fans, particularly fans of the six teams who are old enough to remember it.

Just in case you're too lazy to click on the link that JMac provided.

Montreal never missed the playoffs from 1949-1967, Toronto missed once, and Detroit missed twice, while the other 3 teams competed for one berth

Another intresting tidbit.

And, just so we're on things, Montreal has (I think) the most professional championships in sports (if not, than they're only rivaled by the Yanks, but I'm not sure how many titles they've won, I'm sure someone will fill me in). 24 cups. Toronto has 13. Detroit has 10.

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Detroit_Red_Wings

And there's Detroit's history, champ.

Y'er missin' the point. NYR are 06. DRW ain't 06. Deal with it!

You're going to have to explain your point, then. Because, clearly, you're ******* stupid and have no point. I mean, you thought Pittsburgh was an Original Six team. And this year is 2005. So, what is your point, exactly?

Dude, who cares? Does it really matter what Gordie Howe did in, like 1955?

I'm talking about '06. The year 2006. Like NOW. And this you can't deny - The NYR are 1st in their division. Deal with it and stop living in the past.

What? Dude, you're not making any sense, what so ever. I'm calling it. You're not the original Fred Jetstone. Dick Kotite was right. Imposter! I mean, the original was dumb, but not this ignorant.

And, it's the year 2005. You're a few months ahead of yourself. By the time 2006 rolls around, the Rags will be looking up at alot of teams. It's called a "hot start". Lots of teams have them.

Playing tabletop games in your basement and pretending that you're "Detroit" doesn't really mean that Detroit is an 0RG-6 team. Okay, Stormie. Gheeeeez.

I don't have to pretend Detroit's an Original Six team. The only person debating that fact is you. Everyone else seems to realize that, in fact, they are an Original Six team. Y'know, those of us in reality.

Jacka$$, this is the last time I'm runnin' this down for you, so just get it through your head once and for all.

ORIGINAL SIX TEAMS

NEW YORK RANGERS

BOSOTN BRUINS

MONTREAL CANADIENS

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

MINNESOTA NORTH STARS

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Man, you're just laughable. Now the no longer Minnesota North Stars are an Original Six team? It's down right hilarious.

No longer? I guess you haven't heard of Mike Modano. What a nitwit you are. They'll finish ahead of the Red Wings, that's for sure.

modanonorthstars300.jpg

Ok, you're aware that the North Stars moved to Dallas, right? And, Mike Modano has had a great career, in Dallas. The picture you provided is over 15 years old. Nice try. Maybe you should try harder.

Oh, and by the by, the new team in Minnesota is the Wild. And no, they're not an Original Six team either.

Jacka$$, this is the last time I'm runnin' this down for you, so just get it through your head once and for all.

ORIGINAL SIX TEAMS

NEW YORK RANGERS

BOSOTN BRUINS

MONTREAL CANADIENS

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

MINNESOTA NORTH STARS

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Dead Wrong...although I suspect you were wrong on purpose.

Rangers

Bruins

Canadiens

Maple Leafs

Blackhawks

Red Wings

Archived