Sunday 8/2 Camp Updates

SoFlaJets

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah SFJ, I get that big time. Harrison's a HOF'er, but I don't know what he brings to a new team, with a rookie QB, that plays outdoors in the NE.

I could be on board with Matt Jones. Big, fast, with some decent stats. He could stretch a field, anyway. Provide a red zone target other than Keller. He's been on the market a long time, maybe he's used it to reevaluate his priorities.

I saw an interview with him on ESPN last week slats and he has his hair cropped short and looks to me like a young man who has done and continues To do the work necessary for his recovery-I have a keen eye for that kind of stuff wink wink

This is a microcosm of Kellen Clemens right here. I just don't think the guy can handle pressure. The better his competition does, the worse he does. It sucks, because I honestly believe the guy has talent. If Sanchez continues to wipe the floor with him, you have to wonder how long he stays with the team. When does it become beneficial to cut ties with him? What if an attractive vet hits the market who could better serve as a backup/mentor to Mark?

If Kellen continues to shrink, they have to start looking at other options, right?

Yeah SFJ, I get that big time. Harrison's a HOF'er, but I don't know what he brings to a new team, with a rookie QB, that plays outdoors in the NE.

I could be on board with Matt Jones. Big, fast, with some decent stats. He could stretch a field, anyway. Provide a red zone target other than Keller. He's been on the market a long time, maybe he's used it to reevaluate his priorities.

Even though I'm on board with getting Jones, he really doesn't stretch the field or play at the speed his 40 time would indicate.

Even though I'm on board with getting Jones, he really doesn't stretch the field or play at the speed his 40 time would indicate.

I don't care if he can stretch the field or not IJ, as long as he can catch the ball. Keyshawn Johnson wasn't a deep threat but he could go across the middle and make the tough catch. Marcus Henry and Wallace are able to get down there but they can't hold on to the ball-that troubles me. I'm for Matt Jones first and then Marvin Harrison now since Amani Toomer's name is never even mentioned. Oh yea Plaxico continues to be my first FIRST choice even if we can't use him until 2011

I saw an interview with him on ESPN last week slats and he has his hair cropped short and looks to me like a young man who has done and continues To do the work necessary for his recovery-I have a keen eye for that kind of stuff wink wink

I hear ya, man. Keep coming back, it works if you work it. ;)

If that's really the case, I'd be more than willing to give him a shot.

Where is TNJET-- he's been fellating Clemens all off season, I wonder how he feels about these dismal reports

TN...is a JETS fan first and foremost DLJ-not a PLAYER fan. He'll be just as happy if Sanchez wins the job. Hopefully the days of Jets fans siding with one guy over another are over

I hear ya, man. Keep coming back, it works if you work it. ;)

If that's really the case, I'd be more than willing to give him a shot.

he sat there and answered every single hard question cooly, calmly and without any excuses and owned up to every one like a friggin man bro...

I don't care if he can stretch the field or not IJ, as long as he can catch the ball. Keyshawn Johnson wasn't a deep threat but he could go across the middle and make the tough catch. Marcus Henry and Wallace are able to get down there but they can't hold on to the ball-that troubles me. I'm for Matt Jones first and then Marvin Harrison now since Amani Toomer's name is never even mentioned. Oh yea Plaxico continues to be my first FIRST choice even if we can't use him until 2011

**** it! Sign them all!

:cheer:

TN...is a JETS fan first and foremost DLJ-not a PLAYER fan. He'll be just as happy if Sanchez wins the job. Hopefully the days of Jets fans siding with one guy over another are over

From reading his sarcasm laden posts I think he hates Sanchez and was pretty peeved we drafted him.

This is a microcosm of Kellen Clemens right here. I just don't think the guy can handle pressure. The better his competition does, the worse he does. It sucks, because I honestly believe the guy has talent. If Sanchez continues to wipe the floor with him, you have to wonder how long he stays with the team. When does it become beneficial to cut ties with him? What if an attractive vet hits the market who could better serve as a backup/mentor to Mark?

If Kellen continues to shrink, they have to start looking at other options, right?

isn't clemens a free agent after this season anyway? i just lookes at nyjetscap page and cutting clemens only saves 500k....pretty cheap for a back-up qb. probly no point in cutting him.

From reading his sarcasm laden posts I think he hates Sanchez and was pretty peeved we drafted him.

trust me TN was never a player fan-he loves the color...I've known him for a decade on the boards-he even said it in his Clemens thread the other day

if I sound desperate and very concerned....well...look at who we got right now and look at who Brady and edwards will be throwing to.:character42:

You're not the only one bro. David Clowney doesn't exactly strike fear into oppossing defenses.

Unless of course you're on the Browns Practice Squad.

:bag:

You're not the only one bro. David Clowney doesn't exactly strike fear into oppossing defenses.

Unless of course you're on the Browns Practice Squad.

:bag:

he's the best receiver that Cleveland area UPS drivers ever faced....BWAHA

Lady, you need to read this post from TNJet. The man's a Clemens fan, but he's on board with Sanchez if he's the man.

isn't clemens a free agent after this season anyway? i just lookes at nyjetscap page and cutting clemens only saves 500k....pretty cheap for a back-up qb. probly no point in cutting him.

I'm not concerned about the cap savings. I'm thinking about a player who can be in Mark's ear on the sidelines who really helps him. A guy who can step onto the field and play in a pinch, and not crumble like an aluminum can in a biker bar.

A Jeff Garcia would be looking mighty nice right now.

Mark Sanchez Steps Up In Practice,Clemens Continues Downward Spiral

Posted by A. Greenbaum On August - 2 - 2009

I have been begging one of the Jets Quarterbacks to step up in practice, today, someone did. You would think it would be the player that has been in this offense for four years, and played in NFL games. If you thought so, you are wrong. Today, the rookie took over the team and possibly the starting job with a very solid performance during practice.

On a cold, rainy day in Cortland, Mark Sanchez found himself with the first team more than usual. The move was probably prompted by Kellen Clemens looking like a turnover machine the past couple days, which continued in practice today. Maybe he learned a little too much from Brett Favre last season? While Clemens sat back and missed reads, overthrew receivers and continued to turn the ball over, Mark Sanchez lit it up in 9 on 9 drills with several touchdown passes and more importantly, no turnovers.

Sanchez has the charisma this team needs and he

yeah thats the problem...manigni is an idiot and it was probably something stupid like being a coupla pounds overweight.......

or not being able to finish the mile run-agreed he IS an idiot-so glad he's gone. He'll make a fine college coach someday though-just like Groh and HIS hard-assed ways that killed the team in 2000

From Jay Feely's Tweet; Our offense will benefit immensly from facing our secondary every day. Our QB's and WR's will feel like they have it easy on Sunday

saw this one to from feely: I will tell you right now we are going to havete best special teams unit in the NFL this year

man he has high expectations for this team.

or not being able to finish the mile run-agreed he IS an idiot-so glad he's gone. He'll make a fine college coach someday though-just like Groh and HIS hard-assed ways that killed the team in 2000

idk about making a good collegw coach.....his player development skills are zero.

saw this one to from feely: I will tell you right now we are going to havete best special teams unit in the NFL this year

man he has high expectations for this team.

I'm glad (again) that Ryan isn't banning Tweets from camp-like Mangini

Archived