JetNation At Camp : Monday 08/03

Maxman

I'll never get this argument. Sanchez is inexperienced so the best thing for him to gain that experience is to not play and watch a guy who's played even less football than him the last three years play. :confused0006:

If Sanchez is outplaying Clemens in camp and the preseason he should start. You start the guy who gives you the best chance to win. If that guy is Sanchez, you start Sanchez. If that guy is Clemens, you start Clemens.

It really is that simple.

Hey dooshy, from all accounts being reported from TS, Clemens has a better grip of the team. And I dont really care about some INT's here and there. We dont know if they are completely his fault or if there was poor protection or if WR's just plain suck.

Kellen outplayed Chad in 06 during preseason. Who started? Its not always that simple.

Yes. The simple explanation may be that some of these guys are not very good. Young QBs with limited experience have done well in the past. In particular quite recently Brady, Big Ben, Ryan and Flacco. The Jets WRs may be worse than those teams, but if the D and line is strong I don't think the QB will be in such a bad position. Give Sanchez a chance to show if he is ready. Just because he doesn't look ready now doesn't mean that he won't be ready by September 13th. If he isn't then he sits.

Everyone you mentioned had 3 years of starting experience and 3 of the 4 stayed for their Snr year. Sanchez has 1 year of starting experience and left as a junior. And his team was far better then any of those mentioned above. Mark Sanchez has never HAD to put his team on his back and win a Football game. Everyone you mentioned had to to do that in college.

Thanks.

Also, Mr. Cassel, who hasn't started a game since HS stepped right in and did fine. That "lack of experience, put him on the bench" argument is weak. Play the kid if he is better than Clemens, which I fully expect to happen.

Mr. Cassel had 3 years to learn the system and he has Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to along with a team that was coming of an 18-1 season.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey dooshy, from all accounts being reported from TS, Clemens has a better grip of the team. And I dont really care about some INT's here and there. We dont know if they are completely his fault or if there was poor protection or if WR's just plain suck.

Kellen outplayed Chad in 06 during preseason. Who started? Its not always that simple.

Everyone you mentioned had 3 years of starting experience and 3 of the 4 stayed for their Snr year. Sanchez has 1 year of starting experience and left as a junior. And his team was far better then any of those mentioned above. Mark Sanchez has never HAD to put his team on his back and win a Football game. Everyone you mentioned had to to do that in college.

Mr. Cassel had 3 years to learn the system and he has Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to along with a team that was coming of an 18-1 season.

Don't know if the picks are Clemens fault? If he's dumb enough to throw in F. Darrelle Revis' direction it's his friggin' fault.

Archived