Middle Class Thug Turd Supreme

SouthernJet

Grad Sues College for $70,000 Because She Can't Find a Job

Sunday, August 02, 2009

She has given new meaning to a class-action lawsuit.

Trina Thompson gave it the old college try, but couldn't find work. Now she thinks her sheepskin wasn't worth her time, and is suing her alma mater for her money back.

The Monroe College grad wants the $70,000 she spent on tuition because she hasn't found gainful employment since earning her bachelor's degree in April, according to a suit filed in Bronx Supreme Court on July 24.

The 27-year-old alleges the business-oriented Bronx school hasn't lived up to its end of the bargain, and has not done enough to find her a job.

The information-technology student blames Monroe's Office of Career Advancement for not providing her with the leads and career advice it promised.

"They have not tried hard enough to help me," the frustrated Bronx resident wrote about the school in her lawsuit.

woman-crying.jpg

My toilet tissue from Eastern Michigan University was "Free" due to my Army ROTC Scholarship. Howver, recalling our Economics courses from college, we all learned that there's "No such thing as a free lunch".

My 4 year toilet tissue cost me 4 years to my country, and 2 tours in the Balkans, Bosnia in 97 and Kosovo in 99..

It was the best 4 years of payback a man can have. What an experience!

My toilet tissue from Eastern Michigan University was "Free" due to my Army ROTC Scholarship. Howver, recalling our Economics courses from college, we all learned that there's "No such thing as a free lunch".

My 4 year toilet tissue cost me 4 years to my country, and 2 tours in the Balkans, Bosnia in 97 and Kosovo in 99..

And now you're a meter maid. I think you have a case against EMU.

Hey for $70,000/year , $0 copay health/dental/optical insurance, full pension with health care when I hit 48 and a license to carry a gun anywhere, I'd be a dog warden.

In Detroit. Seems like you're getting the short end.

But hey, you're happy.

The selling point of a lot of these colleges is their "strong job placement program". Ive never read a college brochure that didn't brag about their job placement programs after a student graduates. Only to find out that it's contingent upon what degree you have. Of course, they don't tell you that when they're trying to solicit enrollment, they'd rather baffle you with bull**** then leave you high and dry once you're no longer a matriculating student.

I'm not going to chastise her for exercising her right to protest/sue if she believes she has been done wrong. Too many people I know graduate and are unable to find a job in part because the school doesn't live up to its end of the deal.

That is a great story. What does it have to do with this woman's very comical lawsuit?

The selling point of a lot of these colleges is their "strong job placement program". Ive never read a college brochure that didn't brag about their job placement programs after a student graduates. Only to find out that it's contingent upon what degree you have. Of course, they don't tell you that when they're trying to solicit enrollment, they'd rather baffle you with bull**** then leave you high and dry once you're no longer a matriculating student.

I'm not going to chastise her for exercising her right to protest/sue if she believes she has been done wrong. Too many people I know graduate and are unable to find a job in part because the school doesn't live up to its end of the deal.

Oh, she has every right to sue, I agree..

But a great example of the 'enablement' mindset that is becoming so prevalent,,especially in recent months :(

WAAAAAAAAAA,,get me ajob,,

waaaaaaaaaa, give me welfare...

waaaaaaaa, give me food stamps...

waaaaaaaaa,, give me a car and cell phone for free...

Typical, whiney, snot-nosed, everyone got a trophy kid. See people. This is what happens! I'd like to punch her in the face. Shut the eff up. It's tough out there - work harder you brat! Oh, I know, how 'bout taking that entry level job making much less than your ego thinks you deserve. Hmmm...I want to kick her in the stomach too. I did not reailize that universities come with money back guarantees. Stupid chick.

Additionally - who is the a@@hole attorney/firm that is taking this case? I want to punch them too.

Oh, she has every right to sue, I agree..

But a great example of the 'enablement' mindset that is becoming so prevalent,,especially in recent months :(

WAAAAAAAAAA,,get me ajob,,

waaaaaaaaaa, give me welfare...

waaaaaaaa, give me food stamps...

waaaaaaaaa,, give me a car and cell phone for free...

I understand where you're coming from with the whole 'enabler mindset' but I do believe there have been many more frivolous lawsuits than this. Atleast this one actually has substance, and it might even set a precedent. Im sick of these greedy schools taking our money for a piece of paper that may or may not be the key to futures.

I understand where you're coming from with the whole 'enabler mindset' but I do believe there have been many more frivolous lawsuits than this. Atleast this one actually has substance, and it might even set a precedent. Im sick of these greedy schools taking our money for a piece of paper that may or may not be the key to futures.

ever think its a bad economy and she may not be all that great?

Interview like a steamy turd?

Typical, whiney, snot-nosed, everyone got a trophy kid. See people. This is what happens! I'd like to punch her in the face.

Additionally - who is the a@@hole attorney/firm that is taking this case? I want to punch them too.

I agree, However, if they can prove that the job placement program was part of what she paid for as part of the tuition and that the college was derelict in their duties they could have a suit, maybe. Doubtful, but it will be a funny read.

Typical, whiney, snot-nosed, everyone got a trophy kid. See people. This is what happens! I'd like to punch her in the face. Shut the eff up. It's tough out there - work harder you brat! Oh, I know, how 'bout taking that entry level job making much less than your ego thinks you deserve. Hmmm...I want to kick her in the stomach too. I did not reailize that universities come with money back guarantees. Stupid chick.

You've had quite the violent streak lately Garb. Is everything ok?

I agree, However, if they can prove that the job placement program was part of what she paid for as part of the tuition and that the college was derelict in their duties they could have a suit, maybe. Doubtful, but it will be a funny read.

My guess is that this woman is 1) a poor interview 2) overvalues her market worth and 3) is a dumba@@

Wouldn't it take less of your time to list all the people you DON'T want to hit?

1. Belichick.

2. Troy Brown.

The end.

My guess is that this woman is 1) a poor interview 2) overvalues her market worth and 3) is a dumba@@

4) Spoiled Daddys little princess who never had score kept in soccer as a kid and ergo never lost or was told she wasn't the best. Time to grow up, you are just like all the rest of us..well all of us except Garb and SJ..we iz special ;)

Wouldn't it take less of your time to list all the people you DON'T want to hit?

1. Belichick.

2. Troy Brown.

The end.

...you were on the no-hit list 'till you posted this ;)

Are you going to the Pats/Jest game in September? :)

You guys are a tough crowd. :)

I've seen more pathetic lawsuits than this one.

This would be tough to top. I mean the girl's been looking for a job for all of four months during a recession while unemployment is on the rise. I think there may be factors in her unsuccessful job search that have nothing to do with the crappy college she went to.

Archived