Decision on Plaxico's Future @ 1:30 pm ET

DLJ

Goodell can't punish him unless he is convicted.

I doubt that. He obviously shot himself, and the league only has to make a case that his conduct is detrimental to the league and the other players. I would say with this guys history, the fact that team suspensions in the past have been ineffective, he could do whatever he really wants with regard to plax.

I do think since he was suspended a few games for this incident already by the team last year, the nfl will wait out to see how this plays before handing down its own punishment. I think if plax pleas out and gets no time during this season that the nfl will suspend him, i think if it goes to trial after the season plax will have this season to play. But what do i know.

I don't think he'll punish a first-time offender while trying to hammer out the finishing touches on a new CBA. ;)

he has a few instances of discipline problems with other teams already. And really, do you think the commish suspending a guy who clearly shot himself would really hold up the players union from a new cba. No way any of the players want to put their financial future in jeopardy over plax.

Trial will be sometime next February or March.

He's indicted on 2 counts of felony weapons possesion- each carrying 3-15 years

1 count of Reckless endagerment- 1 year min.

sucks man.

I can't find much sympathy for a pro athlete considered at the top in his position and a multi millionaire in the top market in the world who was this stupid and shot himself, even if i know our team needs that talent.

he has a few instances of discipline problems with other teams already. And really, do you think the commish suspending a guy who clearly shot himself would really hold up the players union from a new cba. No way any of the players want to put their financial future in jeopardy over plax.

Those were prior to Goodell being commish and instituting his "If You're a Player I'll Slap You Silly But if You Coach the Pats I'll Slap Your Wrist" Policy.

And violating team rules has not gotten a single player punished yet. Goodell reserves his conduct for the bigger **** ups. And in that sense Plax is a first time offender and Goodell has set a precedent of only punishing first time offenders if they are convicted.

Sal Pal sez it'll get plea bargained out-Jeez, doesn't NYC have enough crap to worry about with guys pointing guns AT people and not idiots who make a mistake by being stupid

Well, in all seriousness, if it was some other thug looking scumbag off the street walking around with a loaded unregistered weapon concealed on his person, would you think NY has bigger problems and let the guy off? also, it could have just as easily been someone else who was accidentally shot by his stupidity, there is more than a few accidental deaths each year from guns. I firmly believe in an american's right to bare arms, but the law is the law, and it should be a little difficult to get carry permits in places like NYC.

I don't see how he gets off without any time, the fool point blank shot himself. He has a bullet wound, and he has nobody else to blame for it, he is going to do some time. And he deserves to do time, this is a person of means, he has no good reason for getting himself into this situation.

Well, in all seriousness, if it was some other thug looking scumbag off the street walking around with a loaded unregistered weapon concealed on his person, would you think NY has bigger problems and let the guy off? also, it could have just as easily been someone else who was accidentally shot by his stupidity, there is more than a few accidental deaths each year from guns. I firmly believe in an american's right to bare arms, but the law is the law, and it should be a little difficult to get carry permits in places like NYC.

I don't see how he gets off without any time, the fool point blank shot himself. He has a bullet wound, and he has nobody else to blame for it, he is going to do some time. And he deserves to do time, this is a person of means, he has no good reason for getting himself into this situation.

Oh it is. Your average Joe has a hard time getting any type of gun permit in NYC. If you're rich then you have an in, but other than that good luck. Permits to go to the range are different, but if you get caught with it you have to prove that you're actually heading to or from the shooting range or you're in big trouble.

Those were prior to Goodell being commish and instituting his "If You're a Player I'll Slap You Silly But if You Coach the Pats I'll Slap Your Wrist" Policy.

And violating team rules has not gotten a single player punished yet. Goodell reserves his conduct for the bigger **** ups. And in that sense Plax is a first time offender and Goodell has set a precedent of only punishing first time offenders if they are convicted.

As for prior commish's, doesn't really matter, if Plax was a problem player, he was a problem player, it will be used against him.

What i am saying is when looking at the fact that he has acted out in the past and disregarded the gravity of being a public figure representing a multi billion dollar industry when he decided to blow off a game and walk around with a concealed weapon causing a situation that could have gotten someone killed pretty easily I don't see it as such a stretch that Goodell could decide to suspend him at least a few games. It also helps his case that the guy shot himself, it is pretty conclusive, unlike some other incidents that went unpunished. Also, a plea deal is not a dismissal, he would have to admit guilt to something, this isn't a civil suit were the plaintiff can be bought to drop the charges like with Holmes. Admitting guilt would be just as bad as being convicted.

Oh it is. Your average Joe has a hard time getting any type of gun permit in NYC. If you're rich then you have an in, but other than that good luck. Permits to go to the range are different, but if you get caught with it you have to prove that you're actually heading to or from the shooting range or you're in big trouble.

I know all about it, i looked into a carry for NY/NJ when i was in Newark every day after a late night incident where I smacked some guy around at a gas station after leaving work late. I live in NYC but work in NJ, so i needed both, very tricky. In the end i figured it would just be more trouble than it was worth.

Vick's indictment included the RICO charges and basically proved he lied to the Goodell when he met with him.

Totally different situation.

Does anyone know if Plax met with Goodell?

we don't know kleck but if he does, he should don a Patriots jersey and tow in a fat girlfriend to help plead his case and he'll be fine

So, let me get this striaght. As long as a thug turd is a Jets thug turd, it's okay. :rolleyes:

I hope Goodell does not suspend him (doubtful) and Plax signs with the Jets. I think his attitude will make your team even more swaggerlicious. Yeah! ;)

So, let me get this striaght. As long as a thug turd is a Jets thug turd, it's okay. :rolleyes:

I hope Goodell does not suspend him (doubtful) and Plax signs with the Jets. I think his attitude will make your team even more swaggerlicious. Yeah! ;)

no you got it all wrong G-as long as it's done by a Patriots player or HC THEN it's OK.

no you got it all wrong G-as long as it's done by a Patriots player or HC THEN it's OK.

Really? Pats lost a first round pick and BB was fined a gazillion dollars - but Wilfork was not suspended after what you call a dirty hit (although you have called for such a hit on Brady - way to play both sides of the fence!) and Light was not suspended for whacking Crowder after Crowder was trash talking and interjected some sex talk when describing Light's wife....and suddenly the Pats are Goodell's favorite (when I can argue the opposite).

Yeesh! Get over the Patriot envy people!

Really? Pats lost a first round pick and BB was fined a gazillion dollars - but Wilfork was not suspended after what you call a dirty hit (although you have called for such a hit on Brady - way to play both sides of the fence!) and Light was not suspended for whacking Crowder after Crowder was trash talking and interjected some sex talk when describing Light's wife....and suddenly the Pats are Goodell's favorite (when I can argue the opposite).

I NEVER applauded that hit on Brady's knee Garb

Well they did have more than one 1st that year. I think what got everyone's goat was something you did not mention, evidence destruction. Goodell collected a bunch of pats tapes for a secret review, and then announced nothing was on them and he destroyed them. I am sure we can all agree that is fishy. It is in the NFL's best interest that confidence in fairness of the game not be shaked, so isn't it a huge conflict of interest to have him do the review then destroy all the evidence? That is what really pissed me off with all of this. That kind of behavior only makes them look guilty of something.

Well they did have more than one 1st that year. I think what got everyone's goat was something you did not mention, evidence destruction. Goodell collected a bunch of pats tapes for a secret review, and then announced nothing was on them and he destroyed them. I am sure we can all agree that is fishy. It is in the NFL's best interest that confidence in fairness of the game not be shaked, so isn't it a huge conflict of interest to have him do the review then destroy all the evidence? That is what really pissed me off with all of this. That kind of behavior only makes them look guilty of something.

He "destroyed" them because the first batch were leaked - I'm sure you saw that riveting footage on Fox!

I'm pretty sure I will never win this argument with your clear bias - and yes, vice-versa. ;)

Edited by Garb

I agree his distruction was fishy and mishandled. And unfair to the Patriots. Pretty much everyones reaction to seeing the second set of tapes was..."that it, what it the big deal?" His distruction of the tapes was to cover up for the fact that there wasn't much on the tapes to justify the overly harsh punishment.

I agree his distruction was fishy and mishandled. And unfair to the Patriots. Pretty much everyones reaction to seeing the second set of tapes was..."that it, what it the big deal?" His distruction of the tapes was to cover up for the fact that there wasn't much on the tapes to justify the overly harsh punishment.

I disagree,I think it was to protect the image of the league.

Remember how red hot the story was when it first broke,the thing everyone wanted to know was if the patriots cheated when they won the superbowl.Bellichick told Godell that he'd been doing this years and if the public found out then it would of been a much bigger scandal.7 months later we finaley got told the truth but it was hidden by the disapointment of not seeing a walkthrough tape of the Rams at the superbowl.

Tell me, what color is the sky in your world?

No words...