Jets just waived TE Richard Owens and claimed Rutgers' Kevin Brock

lawngnome o-line

Average blocker and crappy receiver.

Pretty much.

I was just posting this in the camp thread. I saw it in the Jetsblog link Jimmy posted. He's a converted WR, but was used primarily as a blocker. He is tall and has been bulking up. I think he's around 6'5" 250-260. Looks the part was never consistent with RU. He had a pretty good pro day, ran a 4.65 ish and had some pretty fair shuttle runs and jumps. Not a top prospect, but I'm surprised he was on the street. I'd have expected him to be in camp somewhere.

Pretty much.

I was just posting this in the camp thread. I saw it in the Jetsblog link Jimmy posted. He's a converted WR, but was used primarily as a blocker. He is tall and has been bulking up. I think he's around 6'5" 250-260. Looks the part was never consistent with RU. He had a pretty good pro day, ran a 4.65 ish and had some pretty fair shuttle runs and jumps. Not a top prospect, but I'm surprised he was on the street. I'd have expected him to be in camp somewhere.

Supposedly he was on Carolina and was waived and the Jets picked hhim up.

Yeah what exactly was the plan on replacing Baker? And how about Coles? It really isn't about either of them being spectacular, it's about both of them being spectacular relative to what we have left now - that's what hurts.

They are lucky Moore resigned after being released. That could have been a trainweck, his wife wanted to stay in NJ :confused:

Keep looking for those band aids Mike.... this offense could become a joke

Could become joke? It's already is a joke.

We have a rookie QB, our number 1 WR is a 2nd stringer, the rest of the WRs are crap, we have no depth on the line and no blocking TE. Other the RBs and Keller our O is a huge joke.

We have a rookie QB, our number 1 WR is a 2nd stringer, the rest of the WRs are crap, we have no depth on the line and no blocking TE. Other the RBs and Keller our O is a huge joke.

It's going to be alot of Jones, alot of Leon catching swing passes out of the backfield and alot of Keller trying to beat OLB's in the seam. A light week of preparation for any opposing Defensive Coordinator.

Chris Baker is looking better and better, but Mike saved 2.5m on the cap.:bag:

Big ****ing deal. Baker was barely adequate as a blocker and a fairly crappy receiver. ANYBDOY could cover him one on one and the only time he got open was finding an opening against zone. Usually when the play broke down and the defense forgot about him. I'm not one of these "PAY LEON" guys, but I'd rather have Leon get an extra $2.5 than keep Baker. Besides, no matter how much they paid Baker (like Coles) he always bitched about it. At least Coles produced.

There is absolutely zero evidence that any of these guys will not out block Baker. In fact despite the addition of the Bart Scott people have been saying the O is pushing the D around since Jenkins went down. I don't see any reason that Keller will not be a comparable blocker to Baker eventually.

Don't worry we get to see him play twice this year.:bag:

Yep and he'll get 2-3 catches and zero TDs. If he even sees the field. I am shaking.

Keep looking for those band aids Mike.... this offense could become a joke

Are we going to hear this about every roster move? Any time an offensive player is picked up that isn't Burress or Braylon Edwards people are going to bitch? IF they pick up a defensive player people are going to whine "but they need offense"? Besides everything else, Owens was apparently hurt and riding the bike. This may just be to have an extra body that could practice.

Cutting Richard Owens changes that? How exactly?

We have a rookie QB, our number 1 WR is a 2nd stringer, the rest of the WRs are crap, we have no depth on the line and no blocking TE. Other than RBs and Keller our O is a huge joke.

Who needs depth ? We have Sanchez. Sure we traded have our draft and some starters from last year but now we have Sanchez. :bag:

i don't get how people still haven't realized that this isn't the jets' year. we obviously have some holes, in the offense expecially, and will need another off-season to plug them up. enjoy watching what shoudl become a tope defense come into it's own...and enjoy watching our new qb hopefully start making strides to becoming a franchise qb. just know that while you're watching this season that not too many wins are going to come out of it.

i don't get how people still haven't realized that this isn't the jets' year. we obviously have some holes, in the offense expecially, and will need another off-season to plug them up. enjoy watching what shoudl become a tope defense come into it's own...and enjoy watching our new qb hopefully start making strides to becoming a franchise qb. just know that while you're watching this season that not too many wins are going to come out of it.

Thats pretty much sums it up. The only thing that seems to bug me is how the hell is Sanchez going to progress when his recievers can;t get open? It would be nice to have a true number one guy that Sanchez could use this year getting in a rythm with. Maybe Cotch will step up? Maybe... but truth is with nobody pulling the double teams it's going to be ugly.

How is our offense so different from the Ravens last year? It was good enough for them to win some games. Our receiver corp is questionable, so was theirs. Only I have more faith in our run game. It will hurt not to have a true number one like braylon who i hope we get, but Flacco managed with the newly retired Mason.

Archived