JetNation at Camp: Tues 08/04

Maxman

I appreciate him doing these reports, but seriously, you have to go into these things completely unbiased, regardless of your feelings towards a player. Going in not liking a specific player and then only reporting bad things about him when others are reporting when he does well, only hurts the credibility of the report.

I appreciate him doing these reports, but seriously, you have to go into these things completely unbiased, regardless of your feelings towards a player. Going in not liking a specific player and then only reporting bad things about him when others are reporting when he does well, only hurts the credibility of the report.

Agreed. While appreciated I take it with a grain of salt.

JetNation on Twitter:

Receivers practicing combo patterns. Rhodes gets pick on nice read. Receivers getting open on combos! #jetscamp

What?

I also lost about 15 minutes worth of Tweets when I lost signal. They're practicing on the adjacent grass fields and the signal over there blows. Rhodes also came around and made a nice play on the edge during the live goal line, and I didn't even mention that it was Rhodes that Clemens walked past into the end zone for his TD after the play fake. I never claimed to be objective, but I'm not making this **** up, either.

What?

Yes, hiding it in the middle of something while if Revis had a pick there would be 17 straight tweets of:

OMFG DARELLE REVIS IS JESUS!!!

DID YOU SEE THAT PICK? SO AWESOME.

Guess what? His INT yesterday was tipped by Bart Scott.

Meanwhile Kerry Rhodes is bashed by saying he was blocked by 3 fingers and you hide the INT in the middle of it.

I love ya TS, but it is no secret you have a personal agenda against 25.

Yes, hiding it in the middle of something while if Revis had a pick there would be 17 straight tweets of:

OMFG DARELLE REVIS IS JESUS!!!

DID YOU SEE THAT PICK? SO AWESOME.

Guess what? His INT yesterday was tipped by Bart Scott.

Meanwhile Kerry Rhodes is bashed by saying he was blocked by 3 fingers and you hide the INT in the middle of it.

I love ya TS, but it is no secret you have a personal agenda against 25.

Bro, no offense, but Rhodes' pick came in a passing drill while Revis' came in live action 11 on 11 to kill Clemens' nice drive. Completely different context. It would be like Tweeting every time Thomas Jones scored a "TD" in non-contact handoff drills.

I think they've been great. He admittedly wasn't crazy about the Leonhard addition & now has sweaty, gay man-love for him. Seems to me like he's just typing what he's seeing, as he's seeing it, rather than writing a summary where he suppresses all good things that involve Kerry Rhodes and only reports bad ones. I'm not there so I can't comment. But that's how his tweets come across to me.

Tom's tweets are great, they are, but we'll never know how well exactly Kerry Rhodes is doing because he'll make it out to be like he sucks balls and every nice play he makes, its a lucky play.

As for the other 79 players, TS is spot on I'm sure.

I trust him with everyone that isn't named Kerry Rhodes. :)

Bro, no offense, but Rhodes' pick came in a passing drill while Revis' came in live action 11 on 11 to kill Clemens' nice drive. Completely different context. It would be like Tweeting every time Thomas Jones scored a "TD" in non-contact handoff drills.

And ironically, non-contact or virtually non-contact is how most of TJ's touchdowns came last season.

Kerry Rhodes needs to live up to all the hype surrounding him-a lot that he himself has made...he has the talent to be a Pro Bowler but has been happy to live behind the excuse of "Mangini was mean to me" for the last 2 years. It's time he steps up-no more excuses Kerry we WANT to see a great safety back there to help ease the sting of not drafting a HoFer over Bryan Thomas.

Tom's tweets are great, they are, but we'll never know how well exactly Kerry Rhodes is doing because he'll make it out to be like he sucks balls and every nice play he makes, its a lucky play.

Joe, I am not a fan of the player. This is true. But show me one these many camp reports that says how great K Rhodes has been here. Specifically here in camp, show me these mysterious plays that he's making that I'm "ignoring." I would L-O-V-E to be watching 25 make all th Ed Reed plays out there on the field and write all day about how much a tool I am for doubting him.

And, let's be real here, I trash abot 96% of this team every day on this board, and here I am eating alot of crow. Leonhard and BLT specifically have impressed me, and I KILLED those guys in the past.

I think they've been great. He admittedly wasn't crazy about the Leonhard addition & now has sweaty, gay man-love for him. Seems to me like he's just typing what he's seeing, as he's seeing it, rather than writing a summary where he suppresses all good things that involve Kerry Rhodes and only reports bad ones. I'm not there so I can't comment. But that's how his tweets come across to me.

Thanks, S. :cheers:

TS, thanks for the reports. Guys, I haven't seen much difference from what TS is reporting and others are reporting to include the beat reporters. Twitter is what it is. He's only reporting a few words on a play that happened and can't possible cover everything going on in practice.

Hey lets thank Tom for the reports instead of ripping into him- he is giving his opinion of what he sees.

agreed faba. I can think of no one that would be more objective than sir Thomas Shane the 3rd.

The man has called a spade a spade on all things jets since i've been reading his posts back on the JI site. His insight has been superb and as he stated in this thread already , he's quick to admit when he's wrong. ( something I hope i'll do if i'm ever wrong)

thanks Tom & keep tweeting

agreed faba. I can think of no one that would be more objective than sir Thomas Shane the 3rd.

The man has called a spade a spade on all things jets since i've been reading his posts back on the JI site. His insight has been superb and as he stated in this thread already , he's quick to admit when he's wrong. ( something I hope i'll do if i'm ever wrong)

thanks Tom & keep tweeting

hey look who's back...

Jets Training Camp: Practice #9 Notes

Posted by A. Greenbaum On August - 4 - 2009

A lovely Tuesday morning and Rex Ryan is promising some pain. This morning, the Jets will be on the grass field practicing goal line plays and some hitting drills. A couple things to look out for, who wins in goal line, offense or defense? Will the loss of Kris Jenkins affect the defense on the goal line? Which Quarterback will shine today? Stick with us as we update this live and get you all the notes you need from Training Camp this morning. Keep refreshing, checking back as this will be updated often.

How the **** is this supposed to be a legitimate QB competition if Sanchez is barely on the field? Barely getting 1st team reps

I swear to gawd I refuse to watch another season with that dud Clemens under center.

Tom's posts are worth reading because he knows his stuff and his biases generally lead to some LOL moments. It's all good, I wouldn't change any of it.

And as joewilly said, the man is better at admitting he was wrong than most. Gotta take a lot away from his gushing over Leonhard and BLT.

Agree 100%, he seems to be pretty evenly handed to me.

And if you think any of the beat reporters don't hold some kind of little grudge against the guys who don't talk to them, or players who are dicks, or slightly favor the players they like, than you are crazy.

I trust him with everyone that isn't named Kerry Rhodes. :)

So Rhodes09=Nuuuuugggge08 huh? lol

So Rhodes09=Nuuuuugggge08 huh? lol

Kerry Rhodes has always been one of my favorite Jets, you know this Joe. I wore his jersey to almost every game last season. My favorite Jets currently are Rhodes, Clemens, Jones & Keller.

Oh, and of course Erik Ainge. Who doesn't love the 3rd string QB?

Archived