Chiefs Sign Amani Toomer to 1 yr Deal

Vudu

Toomer would've been a great option to mentor the young kids. He could've filled the #2 void for 1 year until we are able to address the receiver position in the offseason.

Well no, I take that back. He's no Brad Smith. ;)

Toomer would've been a great option to mentor the young kids. He could've filled the #2 void for 1 year until we are able to address the receiver position in the offseason.

Or we could pay Chansi Stuckey half of what we would have paid Amani Toomer to catch 50 passes. :rolleyes:

Or we could pay Chansi Stuckey half of what we would have paid Amani Toomer to catch 50 passes. :rolleyes:

Or instead of Cotchery, Stuckey & Smith we can have Cotchery, Stuckey & Toomer.

Really it isn't a hard concept to grasp. A veteran wideout to mentor the young kids would be good.

Or instead of Cotchery, Stuckey & Smith we can have Cotchery, Stuckey & Toomer.

Really it isn't a hard concept to grasp. A veteran wideout to mentor the young kids would be good.

Cotchery is 27 years old and a sixth-year pro. I think he is more than capable of acting as mentor to these receivers. Amani Toomer's best season is almost identical to Cotch's best year. They are basically the same receiver. Cotch is just 8 years younger and thus more capable of leading by example on the field.

We also have Henry Ellard as a mentor.

I'd prefer David Clowney or Marcus Henry to step up.

You can forget about Marcus Henry even making the 53 man roster.

We'll see with Clowney. Twitter yo, ya dig?

I actually want to see what Wallace Wright, Mark Sanchez's boy, can do.

You can forget about Marcus Henry even making the 53 man roster.

We'll see with Clowney. Twitter yo, ya dig?

I don't care if he speaks ebonics on twitter. All I care is can he catch the ****ing football?

Our current receiving corps is not exactly awe inspiring but there is no available receiver who excites me any more and I'm not a believer in signing someone just because he might have something left in the tank or he might not really be a coke head or he might not go to prison.

I can see why you wouldn't want an old veteran or Matt Jones, there are reasons to not want them, I guess, BUT when it comes to Plaxico Burress, he would be an amazing 1 year fix Kleck. You'd have to be behind it.

I can see why you wouldn't want an old veteran or Matt Jones, there are reasons to not want them, I guess, BUT when it comes to Plaxico Burress, he would be an amazing 1 year fix Kleck. You'd have to be behind it.

I never saw Burress as a realistic option. I just don't see him playing at all this year so no need to get my hopes up when I know it ain't happening.

An old veteran with little or nothing in the tank is not a better option to me than a guy with potential.

And as I've stated many, many times: Matt Jones is just an awful football player and he is absolutely a bigtime drug addict.

Why do you want him to mentor the kids if you are going to "address the receiver position in the offseason"?

I'm all for letting the kids go at it. I doubt Harrison is any more done than Toomer, but Toomer is a better character guy.

Archived