Mafia - Red Scare Game Thread

Doggin94it

The cluster of twelve students sat rapt in the CCNY Freshman housing lounge, staring at the flickering black and white images that, for many of them, was the first television program they had ever seen. John Cameron Swayze's bluff features stared out at them as he relayed the news.

We take you now to film of the Junior Senator from Wisconsin, Joseph McCarthy, as he made a startling announcement to a Republican Women's forum in West Virginia last night.

There was a barely perceptible flicker as the station switched to the grainier film from the event. McCarthy, an energetic 44 year old, waved a piece of white paper dramatically.

I have here in my hand a list of two hundred and five people that were known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping the policy of the State Department.

The gasps from the women at the event merged with the students' shocked murmurs as the video switched back to the studio and Swayze.

McCarthy went on to say that according to his evidence, roughly 30% of Americans are communists or communist sympathizers. With us now is our statistical analyst, to explain what that means. Bleedin Green?

The camera panned over to Bleedin Green, who shuffled papers in front of him before staring meaningfully into the camera.

Thank you, John. What that means, is that statistically, about 3 in every ten Americans are communists or communists sympathizers. If, to randomly pick a number, you have 12 people in a room, exactly 3.6 will be communists. Back to you, John.

Thank you, Bleedin. McCarthy has asked that anyone who identifies a potential communist call the tip-line at 1-888-4-PINKOS. That's the story for February 10, 1950, folks -- glad we could get together.

A stunned silence settled onto the room. Someone, it was impossible to tell who, whispered the number 3.6. Freshmen who hadn't really known each other all that well to begin with now cast jaundiced eyes around the room. Which 3.6 among them were the communists? Which?

Day 1

1) JiF

2) EY

3) Crusher

4) Irish Jet

5) Slats

6) CTM

7) Pac

8) Klecko

9) Verbal

10) Vicious

11) Smashmouth

12) JVoR

(MOD VOICE: Vote for whoever you think is a communist. Majority vote to lynch. Good luck. With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch)

Rules post coming

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rules

1) Unless your PM from me specifically said you could do so, you cannot discuss this game with any other player in PM or otherwise. All discussion must take place on the game thread itself.

2) You are not allowed to quote PMs you received from me in the game thread.

3) No editing posts in this thread, either proof read them first or live with the consequences. Flagrant abuse of this rule will result in a mod-kill.

4) Please bold votes of unvotes in this format: Vote: EY

5) The day's report to the commie hotline will occur when the required number of votes are reached, subsequent unvotes will not be counted.

6) Days (other than Day 1) will last 72 hours. Nights will last 24 hours. All actions not submitted by the deadline will be forfeit. Failure to reach a majority (whether to lynch or a majority on "no lynch") will result in a random lynch.

7) The EY Rule: If a PM is sent by accident. Please come to me before posting information contained there-in.

8) The SMC Rule: Don't quote the PMs, don't post the screen shots, use your judgment and don't be a dick.

If anyone has any questions about their roles, game play or strategy, or anything else, feel free to ask me.

---------------------------------------------

As a courtesy to other players, please PM me if you feel you will be unable to meet deadlines, so that we can find a replacement.

Death to communists!

First one to go: Vote: EY

Cause Doggin used his name as an example. And we all should listen to Doggin.

Also, all of you are communists....

or more likely none of you are and we all lose. But let's go down swinging.

The Obvious VoR .

I was think the same thing

The Question is do you listen to Doggin or MOM .

JiF = Pinko Commie

Death to communists!

First one to go: Vote: EY

Also, all of you are communists....

or more likely none of you are and we all lose. But let's go down swinging.

Doggin copied and pasted the rules from my game in which I used my name as the example of how to vote fwiw.

Doggin copied and pasted the rules from my game in which I used my name as the example of how to vote fwiw.

That's is an awfully serious denial to an obvious non serious post

Vote Klecko

For entertainment value

JIF is teh Self proclaimed King.

Choosy moms choose JIF . Always listen to your Mom.

Vote: JiF

Hard to disagree with this logic. JiF is the obvious choice if we where looking for someone that looks fetching in a shark tooth necklace and board shorts, but where not. Where looking for communists.

Vote Count

JiF (1) - Smashmouth

EY (2) - JVoR, Vicious

Klecko (1) - CTM

CTM (1) - Klecko

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Oh, and I should mention, death scenes will tell you alignment only, not role. Sorry, but I did tell you there was no hope of winning, didn't I?

Oh, and I should mention, death scenes will tell you alignment only, not role. Sorry, but I did tell you there was no hope of winning, didn't I?

Did you tell everyone they wouldn't be able to win, or only us poor townies? Does this game in in thermonuclear war no matter who's winning?

Vote Count

JiF (1) - Smashmouth

EY (2) - JVoR, Vicious

Klecko (1) - CTM

CTM (1) - Klecko

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

figured you told everyone that little tidbit.:rolleyes:

Death to communists!

I was told NOT to listen to Doggin. But you say we should. Therfore, you must be a commie.

Vote: Jets Voice of Reason

Btw, Doggin? Where did you get that name? I'm going to start using that elsewhere. ;-)

Hard to disagree with this logic. JiF is the obvious choice if we where looking for someone that looks fetching in a shark tooth necklace and board shorts, but where not. Where looking for communists.

FTR, I have never worn a shark tooth necklace in my life. Nor have I ever worn a sea shell necklace or anything along the lines of completely homosexual.

But, I still luvs.

So being a newb isn't a disadvantage because we're all ****ed?

Your only disadvantage that you have, is the fact that you're playing with your brain.

So being a newb isn't a disadvantage because we're all ****ed?

Im sure he told eveyone "you cant win" if he only told certain players he would be giving the game away . It means nothing.

I voted for JiF because JiF is a good player. Good players usually get Night killed so why not try and out a commie right off the bat ?

I was told NOT to listen to Doggin. But you say we should. Therfore, you must be a commie.

Vote: Jets Voice of Reason

Btw, Doggin? Where did you get that name? I'm going to start using that elsewhere. ;-)

Its a John Abraham thing disappearing in big playoff games .

Im sure he told eveyone "you cant win" if he only told certain players he would be giving the game away . It means nothing.

I voted for JiF because JiF is a good player. Good players usually get Night killed so why not try and out a commie right off the bat ?

JiF just doesn't strike me as a commie. I mean he does do the ghey things with Teh Crusher but he's not really 100% ghey as his massive stable of fat women will attest. Plus I know he's not a huge vodka drinker either....

Hmmmmmmm...

A good American would know the difference between "where" and "we're"... Is this commie speak?

JiF just doesn't strike me as a commie. I mean he does do the ghey things with Teh Crusher but he's not really 100% ghey as his massive stable of fat women will attest. Plus I know he's not a huge vodka drinker either....

Sticking up for your commie buddy are ya ? When hes dead your next . Way to early to be sticking up for other players. But its never to early to lynch a commie.

=Klecko73isGod;1337254Seeing as I don't have a freaking clue how to play why am I not surprised Chan has taken it upon himself to be a douche?

Way to defy expectations there Glenny! :thumbup:

Vote: CTM

[quote=Smashmouth;1337291

Until someone post anything with more truth and accuracy I have to agree. I'd like to hear arguments on how Chan isn't a douche.

Smashmouth it's nice to see you, though you chose not to say high back in the sign up thread it's ok. Sometimes people mistake me for a mini-van or yard shed and this happens. Chan is another excellent player and a douche.

vote" Chan

Communism and Douchinism seem to go hand and hand.

Sticking up for your commie buddy are ya ? When hes dead your next . Way to early to be sticking up for other players. But its never to early to lynch a commie.

I wasn't sticking up for anyone. I was attempting to use logic to figure out who the commie is.

You're awfully quick to point fingers at others. Maybe someone is a little too eager to get the suspicion away from themselves. :-k

Until someone post anything with more truth and accuracy I have to agree. I'd like to hear arguments on how Chan isn't a douche.

Smashmouth it's nice to see you, though you chose not to say high back in the sign up thread it's ok. Sometimes people mistake me for a mini-van or yard shed and this happens. Chan is another excellent player and a douche.

vote" Chan

I didn't edit content I tried and fix the stupid qoutes.

vote" Chan

Im sorry Crusher :( . I didnt even realize that.

BTW Crusher I said "good players" not commie windbags :Nuts:

That looks like a whole lot of sticking up ..to me.

Then the denial .

typical Commie

Archived