Serious Questions For Jets Fans

PatsFanTX

Since I can not post on the main board (somebody needs to tell Max if he pulls up his panties from the back, they won't be in a bunch) , I have 3 football questions for the board:

1) Since 95% of Jets fans think they have an automatic victory in the opener against the Texans, who will cover the best WR in the NFL? (and I love Revis)?

2) Who will help D'Brick and Damien with Mario Williams?? (he lines up at LDE and RDE)

3) If the Jets double Andre, who the hell covers the best TE in the NFL?

Hopefully, a good mod (calling faba) will move this to the football forum so I can get some good respones from Jets fans.

Since I can not post on the main board (somebody needs to tell Max if he pulls up his panties from the back, they won't be in a bunch) , I have 3 football questions for the board:

1) Since 95% of Jets fans think they have an automatic victory in the opener against the Texans, who will cover the best WR in the NFL? (and I love Revis)?

2) Who will help D'Brick and Damien with Mario Williams?? (he lines up at LDE and RDE)

Hopefully, a good mod (calling faba) will move this to the football forum so I can get some good respones from Jets fans.

It's not an automatic victory. Forget the pass catching threats, the texans can still run the ball and have a nasty defense.

This game will only be won by keeping it close. Revis can help slow down Andre with some over the top safety help and Harris and Scott may be able to cover middle of the field somewhat decently. Quite frankly this game will be won only if we can severly pressure the QB into making quick throws, the longer he's in the pocket the longer their passing game can create seperation.

i have this penciled in as a loss u bastard

I do not see an automatic victory for the Jets -- I see a close game and I think The Texans pull one out late - I will be there and it will be a great game to watch.

Revis or Sheppard to cover Andre - no easy task but pressure on Schaub will be the driiving force for the defence

O-line is stout and TExans defence is ok but injury bug is hitting them early -- and no Demeco could be an issue

Daniels is one of the best -- as to who covers we will see in 6 weeks or so - is this the year of thhe Texans alot of folks here think it is --

Lots of questions this early in the game when so much has not be determined, but since I always liked you Tx, I will play.

First off, I dont think anyone is guaranteeing victory. Personally, I think we are going to lose....anyway. Revis can cover AJ one on one with help over the top from Rhodes or Leonhard. Kinda similar to the way he covers Moss.

In passing situations, I would expect a RB to be in there to help chip block Mario coming off the edge or we eventually find a TE to help.

As far as if we double Andre, which I dont think we will, from what I have seen with Ryan he likes the man coverage and tries to get the QB to make the wrong choice by sending pressure. I would imagine Bart Scott, Jim Leonhard or Lowery will covering the TE.

Its hard to answer these questions this early because so much is unclear with our final roster and Pace being out for 4 games.

1) I have no problem with Revis on Johnson, rolling some coverage in that direction shouldn't kill us either.

2) He will be chipped on just about every play, and I assume we'll be running the ball for the bulk of the time.

3) Are we talking about Joel Dressen now?

Actually Im pretty sure we lose that game and Im ready to start petitioning for Sanchez's release and Rex's castration week 2.

I'm sorry, Owen Daniels is good but gimme' a ****ing break.

We can shut down their running game almost automatically if Jenkins is healthy, he will be a very tough guy for their offensive line to match up against.

I don't think Revis can shut down Andre Johnson single handedly, no one can, but he can contain him IMO and will undoubtebly get help from the safeties over the top. Don't be shocked if he makes Schaub pay for going after him too often.

Williams is a beast. I LOVE D'Brick, I think he can match up with him in pass protection, he's one of the few LT's in the league I feel would be capable of doing that. It's an important matchup for sure. We need to establish a running game (Something I believe we will do) and work play action.

The key to the game is pressure. If you can get to Matt Schaub (Who I don't rate too highly as a QB) he does tend to panic, when under pressure he often just throws it up in the direction of AJ, which admittedly can be pretty effective. With the likes of Revis and Rhodes back there for the Jets, I don't think it would work for him. The concern for me though is where the pass rush will come from, esecially with Pace hurt. I think the inside LB's who are both excpetional blitzers will be rushing the passer often.

I think the Jets will win what will be a close game. My prediction right now would be 20-17.

Since when did Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels become the best WR and TE in the NFL?

OH yeah, that's right, they arn't. Johnson isn't as close as good as Fitzgerald, or your own Randy Moss for that matter and when it comes to Daniels, well, if you think he's the best then you've certainly lost some of your football IQ, TX.

Since when did Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels become the best WR and TE in the NFL?

OH yeah, that's right, they arn't. Johnson isn't as close as good as Fitzgerald, or your own Randy Moss for that matter and when it comes to Daniels, well, if you think he's the best then you've certainly lost some of your football IQ, TX.

Andre Johnson is better than Moss. Much better.

Only Fitz is playing above AJ's level right now and IMO that's largely because he has a better QB.

The Jets are never a sure bet. The Texans could be a playoff contender coming into 2009 so no one takes them lightly.

* As far as protection the Jets will use T-Rich to assist both D'brick (who is going to have a huge season) and Woody. I am sure the Jets will have roll outs and a scheme to play.

* The Jets secondary could be the strongest it has had in their history and I am sure they will double team Andre Johnson all day. I would be more worried about the Jets pass rush but Rex Ryan I am sure will throw some confusing packages at you.

Advantage for the Texans is that the Jets will bringing in a new defensive scheme so they could be catching the Jets at the right time and inexperienced at the QB position for the Jets.

Advantage Jets will be that the Texans are a notorious slow starter.

This should be a close game which the Texans should be favored by a field goal.

Tex good to see you posting football.

The Jets are never a sure bet. The Texans could be a playoff contender coming into 2009 so no one takes them lightly.

* As far as protection the Jets will use T-Rich to assist both D'brick (who is going to have a huge season) and Woody. I am sure the Jets will have roll outs and a scheme to play.

* The Jets secondary could be the strongest it has had in their history and I am sure they will double team Andre Johnson all day. I would be more worried about the Jets pass rush but Rex Ryan I am sure will throw some confusing packages at you.

Advantage for the Texans is that the Jets will bringing in a new defensive scheme so they could be catching the Jets at the right time and inexperienced at the QB position for the Jets.

Advantage Jets will be that the Texans are a notorious slow starter.

This should be a close game which the Texans should be favored by a field goal.

Tex good to see you posting football.

BTW...good post BBJ

Come on now, these questions are not serious.

Good points. One thing to consider is Keller. Keller is not a blocker, but he has good feet. He should be fine for chipping at a DE so that the OT can pick him up. You don't want to count on him to take care of blitzing LBs or stunts one on one with a pass rusher, but a quick chip on a pass rushing DE to ensure that he stays in a place where the tackle can lock him up can be very effective.

Dbrick and Woody rated very well against the pass last year.Mario against both of them will be a fun one to watch,I'd leave them one on one and see how they do.If Mario starts beating them constanlty then we've got to leave help in.I'd rather have Keller out running routes so it will probably fall to Thomas Jones.

Someone mentioned it earlier,Revis won't shutdown Johnson but I believe he can contain him.I think covering Ownes will be shared around,I'm expecting that we will be constalty moving peole around and sharing coverage responsibilites.I believe we have enough talent in the secondary to stop both from having a big day.

The texans away is a very tough challenge is not an automatic win,but I believe it is a game we can win.We need to be playing on form from the get go.I think the way to beat them is to get after Schaub and shut down the run.

Good points. One thing to consider is Keller. Keller is not a blocker, but he has good feet. He should be fine for chipping at a DE so that the OT can pick him up. You don't want to count on him to take care of blitzing LBs or stunts one on one with a pass rusher, but a quick chip on a pass rushing DE to ensure that he stays in a place where the tackle can lock him up can be very effective.

I agree Keller is not a blocker, hopefully in the future he could become adequate blocker, but his pass catching abilities are going to force defenses to be accountable.

I think the Jets will be able to pick up a blocking TE once teams begin to cut down their rosters.

Andre Johnson is better than Moss. Much better.

Only Fitz is playing above AJ's level right now and IMO that's largely because he has a better QB.

+ 1. That was clearly a 124 post that he doesnt actaully believe what he types to get a rise out of people.

Fitz and AJ are the 2 best receivers in the league hands down.

Has to be Revis. Even with deep help and a pass rush Sheppard is far too reckless to trust with Johnson.

I think it's mano a mano on the blind side. When you think about it there's really not much of a point to putting him on the left against us. He's no match for Woody in the ground game, and in passing situations we give automatic help and just handle everybody else one on one. I think they line Smith up on the left in base and slide him next to Mario in sub to exploit Faneca because even if D'Brick does get it done he won't be available to help.

If we bracket Andre and stop the run without a box safety Daniels is a problem I can live with. I think it has to be zone underneath while Pace is out.

I dont think they double him. Revis will take him 1 on 1.

I think first game of the season with a healthy Jenkins, we should be able to shut downt their running game. That said, we will run blitz often, something Rex loves to do. You leave Revis on island with AJ and hope that Schaub tries to force a few his way under pressure.

In my eyes, when facing the Texans, you shut down everything else and let AJ do what AJ is going to do.

I think first game of the season with a healthy Jenkins, we should be able to shut downt their running game. That said, we will run blitz often, something Rex loves to do. You leave Revis on island with AJ and hope that Schaub tries to force a few his way under pressure.

In my eyes, when facing the Texans, you shut down everything else and let AJ do what AJ is going to do.

I think you got to double team Johnson just like you would any other elite receiver. I would have a safety to rollover underneth him while Revis would man him.

I think you have to have safety help over the top with Johnson. IMO that would give Revis more freedom to jump underneath routes. The Texans always throw to AJ often so I think Revis will get a few chances to make plays himself.

I think you got to double team Johnson just like you would any other elite receiver. I would have a safety to rollover underneth him while Revis would man him.

I think you have to have safety help over the top with Johnson. IMO that would give Revis more freedom to jump underneath routes. The Texans always throw to AJ often so I think Revis will get a few chances to make plays himself.

As I said in my first post, you most definitely give Revis support over the top with either Rhodes or Leonhard, but I dont consider that a double team. That is just help over the top to take away the big play.

1) Yes, Revis and I wouldn't proclaim in the best WR in football, he has some comp. up top that list.

2) Mario Williams is not the best thing since sliced bread so I will take the Jets offensive line over THE Mario Williams.

3) There are things in the NFL called schemes, they are not just going to line up and play man to man like Duke basketball, so I am sure they will work through that terribly important issue very soon.

Archived