BEST UP AND COMING PITCHER (in all of MLB)

Blackout

who under the age of 25 is the BEST?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. who under the age of 25 is the BEST?

• Joba Chamberlain
    • Clayton Kershaw
    • Chad Billingsley
    • Felix Hernandez
    • Tommy Hanson
    • Matt Cain
    • Daniel Bard (this is for Gainzo)
    • other (list)

I don't know, but save for Bard (who hasn't started at the major league level), I'd have every other guy on the list ahead of Joba.

Just sayin'...

since 2007 (When Joba started)

Joba: 2.83 ERA, 13-5, 1.272 WHIP, 157 ERA+

Cain: 3.33 ERA, 9-11, 1.275 WHIP, 132 ERA+

Felix: 3.43 ERA, 35-22, 1.320 WHIP, 125 ERA+

Kershaw: 3.53 ERA, 13-11, 1.373 WHIP, 119 ERA+

you sure????

Gotta be Felix. If he stays healthy, he's got a big paycheck coming in the winter of 2011. He'll be 25, and he's already straight dominant.

Joba has definitely shown flashes of what he can be, and when you think about it, no pitcher on this list has been as scrutinized, on every single pitch, on every single game, as Joba has. We've seen more of Joba. We've seen his ups and downs, his successes and his downfalls. But when you break it down, since he began starting last year, he's 11-3 with a 3.38 ERA with 176 Ks in 181 innings. That's pretty good. And he's 23 years old.

Gotta be Felix. If he stays healthy, he's got a big paycheck coming in the winter of 2011. He'll be 25, and he's already straight dominant.

Joba has definitely shown flashes of what he can be, and when you think about it, no pitcher on this list has been as scrutinized, on every single pitch, on every single game, as Joba has. We've seen more of Joba. We've seen his ups and downs, his successes and his downfalls. But when you break it down, since he began starting last year, he's 11-3 with a 3.38 ERA with 176 Ks in 181 innings. That's pretty good. And he's 23 years old.

I voted for Felix.

Grienke5150001_Tigers_v_Royals.jpg

t1_verlander.jpg

12redsox.2.650.jpg

Example_HipsRotatingBeforeShoulders_TimLincecum_2007_007.jpg

It feels crazy to not think of Josh Beckett as a young pitcher. That guy is one of the most severely underrated aces in the league. His highest FIP in the past 3 years has been 3.56 in Fenway and the AL East. Plus he's the best big game pitcher in the league. And he's been getting better with age.

Greinke's season so far has been absolutely dominant. Dude is a must see for all young pitchers out there. Hit's his spots, and does it easy. He'll be the centerpiece of a damn good Royals team if they play their cards right.

Verlander is going to age really, really well. Might have a couple Curt Schilling/dare I say Clemens-esque years in him (relative to league) as he hits his late 20's. I really hope the Tigers contend and he becomes the pitcher I think he can be.

Felix and Lincecum are just awesome, but gut says to rank Greink and Verlander 1 and 2 over the next say...10 years. If Felix keeps getting in better shape then he's proooobably getting sick, sick money and holds the BPIB label. I think/hope he does it, because he's just dominant. He might also have one of those legend seasons in him.

Archived