Lack of experience at the WR position will disrupt Jets offense

Maxman

i don't get it...how could we have gone the whole offseason witout replacing Coles. Stuckey and Clowney must have shown a lot in camp. We all know how bad or offense was when Coles was hurt. Our number 2 and 3 receivers better step up big this season. rookie QB + inexperienced WR = disaster

Why are all these articles written by one dude? We need a few more guys writing these articles. I am not volunteering as no one would want to read my jets articles that reference literature and philosophy and all that other boring crap.

Why are all these articles written by one dude? We need a few more guys writing these articles. I am not volunteering as no one would want to read my jets articles that reference literature and philosophy and all that other boring crap.

Lots of content scheduled -- but Tyson is the man. A double article day, it doesn't get better than that.

So I posted a thread before work and right after the scrimmage over at JI that proposed a trade; Our #2 pick in 2010 and Brad Smith to Cleveland for Braylon Edwards. I think it's a reasonable idea but you wouldn't know it by most of the dickwads that post over there. It's no wonder I prefer this site so much more. At least you can post a thread here and get some thoughtful responses by serious Jets fans-all the wankers there who always are so quick to recommend a thread for the dump-well, like I said I like it a lot better here.

And considering our O is going to be one of the worst in the NFL we're going to be able to see a lot of the D.

in your own snarky way Mick, you make a good point. Remember back in 2006 during the Bollywood days of Jetsdom when the defense wasn't really all that bad. The only problem that year was WE COULDN'T FRICKIN' SCORE. The defense was on the field 40-45 minutes a game and plain old wore out.

The dead horse I will continue to beat is if we DON'T get a playmaking receiver to start opposite Jerricho Cotchery then we may just see the same thing happen and also see us in last place again. It's that serious of a problem IMO.

in your own snarky way Mick, you make a good point. Remember back in 2006 during the Bollywood days of Jetsdom when the defense wasn't really all that bad. The only problem that year was WE COULDN'T FRICKIN' SCORE. The defense was on the field 40-45 minutes a game and plain old wore out.

The dead horse I will continue to beat is if we DON'T get a playmaking receiver to start opposite Jerricho Cotchery then we may just see the same thing happen and also see us in last place again. It's that serious of a problem IMO.

Good thing is next year we'll be able to take care of that problem with our top five pick. Damian Williams or Arrelious Benn will be wearing a Jets jersey.

Good thing is next year we'll be able to take care of that problem with our top five pick. Damian Williams or Arrelious Benn will be wearing a Jets jersey.

and the sad thing is Mick is it doesn't have to be that way-this team with a Marvin Harrison, Matt Jones, Braylon Edwards, Brandon Marshall or Plaxico Burress is a playoff team. Oh yea we also need a blocking TE-Bubba Franks again maybe? But you're right my Irish friend-no NFL-caliber WR opposite Cotchery and we're the last place team in the division.

I'm friggin' pissed that we haven't made a move already and Ryan's 'secret weapon' Britt Davis dropped two passes last night by doing just what somebody here said he does-try and catch the ball with his body instead of his hands.

and the sad thing is Mick is it doesn't have to be that way-this team with a Marvin Harrison, Matt Jones, Braylon Edwards, Brandon Marshall or Plaxico Burress is a playoff team. Oh yea we also need a blocking TE-Bubba Franks again maybe? But you're right my Irish friend-no NFL-caliber WR opposite Cotchery and we're the last place team in the division.

I'm friggin' pissed that we haven't made a move already and Ryan's 'secret weapon' Britt Davis dropped two passes last night by doing just what somebody here said he does-try and catch the ball with his body instead of his hands.

Bet? I don't think they are going to add anything. The available WR are old, ****ty, criminal and/or looking for crazy money. I still don't think the Jets will end up in last.

And considering our O is going to be one of the worst in the NFL we're going to be able to see a lot of the D.

Honestly, no chance we're a top 10 Defense this year, probably in the bottom half of the league.

If the offense can't keep the defense off the field, the defense will fail, irrelevent to talent. This is what we're very likely setting ourselves up for.

Bet? I don't think they are going to add anything. The available WR are old, ****ty, criminal and/or looking for crazy money. I still don't think the Jets will end up in last.

Jeez I thought we moved on from the Mangini/Edwards M.O. of Jets players having to be choirboys to make the team. Fock that crap Dom, I said it before and I'll say it again, give me some mean-assed scumbags who will dive at rival QB's knees and gauge out eyes and occasionally get a 15 yarder for for unnecessary roughness. I want to win, I want to see another Jets Super Bowl before I die, and watch it with my son and wife and all you guys here.

Besides no other position has a higher percentage of flakes than the WR position over the past decade-we already have a gansta wearing Coles' old jersey number only thing is-he can't get open or catch a pass to save his life.

Jeez I thought we moved on from the Mangini/Edwards M.O. of Jets players having to be choirboys to make the team. Fock that crap Dom, I said it before and I'll say it again, give me some mean-assed scumbags who will dive at rival QB's knees and gauge out eyes and occasionally get a 15 yarder for for unnecessary roughness. I want to win, I want to see another Jets Super Bowl before I die, and watch it with my son and wife and all you guys here.

Besides no other position has a higher percentage of flakes than the WR position over the past decade-we already have a gansta wearing Coles' old jersey number only thing is-he can't get open or catch a pass to save his life.

Gouging eyes doesn't help much at WR. Speed, hands, size and technique do. They have plenty of guys that can run and a few with some size. The fact that they aren't household names does not worry me at all.

Toomer is at best a #3 at this point (that's the analysis of my cousin a life-long Giant fan that NEVER says anything bad about any Giant and loooooooves Toomer). Harrison is probably done. Burress is a douche that is going to prison and probably won't play all season. They have made inquiries about Matt Jones, but he's no big deal (ask Jif and Klecko-they say he blows monkeys) and certainly not worth breaking the bank on. Brandon Marshall and Braylon Edwards are threatening holdouts, but would require a trade AND a huge contract. I'd be okay with the trade, but I don't want to spend a ton of money ontop of it. I'm not sure we can even fit them in.

Cotchery and Stuckey are already NFL receivers. Clowney and Allison were mid-round picks that have actually caught a ball in an NFL game. Both can fly. Neither is small. Urrutia and Henry are big guys and late picks that were looked on as projects. No shock they haven't shined yet, but they might. Raymond is fast and has shown flashes. Whitaker was a decent prospect, didn't make it and caught a ton of balls in the arena league. Maybe he's matured. Smith and Wright both have caught balls and haven't stood out, but they might be ready to step up. Britt Davis has looked great for an UDFA. There are a lot of maybes, but I think a decent option will come up. No, I don't think they will be starting on any fantasy teams, but I think they'll find one or two guys that will be okay to move the chains if the QB play isn't terrible.

Quite a few of the drops were by Jack Simmons an UDFA TE that looked good in the tryouts. He's probably a practice squad guy and he won't matter one way or the other for the WR competition.

Gouging eyes doesn't help much at WR. Speed, hands, size and technique do. They have plenty of guys that can run and a few with some size. The fact that they aren't household names does not worry me at all.

Toomer is at best a #3 at this point (that's the analysis of my cousin a life-long Giant fan that NEVER says anything bad about any Giant and loooooooves Toomer). Harrison is probably done. Burress is a douche that is going to prison and probably won't play all season. They have made inquiries about Matt Jones, but he's no big deal (ask Jif and Klecko-they say he blows monkeys) and certainly not worth breaking the bank on. Brandon Marshall and Braylon Edwards are threatening holdouts, but would require a trade AND a huge contract. I'd be okay with the trade, but I don't want to spend a ton of money ontop of it. I'm not sure we can even fit them in.

Cotchery and Stuckey are already NFL receivers. Clowney and Allison were mid-round picks that have actually caught a ball in an NFL game. Both can fly. Neither is small. Urrutia and Henry are big guys and late picks that were looked on as projects. No shock they haven't shined yet, but they might. Raymond is fast and has shown flashes. Whitaker was a decent prospect, didn't make it and caught a ton of balls in the arena league. Maybe he's matured. Smith and Wright both have caught balls and haven't stood out, but they might be ready to step up. Britt Davis has looked great for an UDFA. There are a lot of maybes, but I think a decent option will come up. No, I don't think they will be starting on any fantasy teams, but I think they'll find one or two guys that will be okay to move the chains if the QB play isn't terrible.

Quite a few of the drops were by Jack Simmons an UDFA TE that looked good in the tryouts. He's probably a practice squad guy and he won't matter one way or the other for the WR competition.

say hello to 5-11 oh yea Urettia was cut when we signed Allison.

Archived