Sign in to follow this  
Otter

Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees @ Yankee Stadium Series Thread

Although you never know, but tonight and Saturday almost look like gimmes. Yanks should win BIG. Tomorrow nights battle should be a great one. Sunday nite could be interesting as well.

If Shmoltzie doesn't get lit up like a 4th of July Fireworks display tonight, I'd be shocked. Shocked, I tell yah.

WTF was Posada thinking. Slide *******.

My mother is faster than him.

What the heck was that? Posada had a great jump and then he lets up? Like you said, slide stupid.

Yankees have the best line-up in the majors, imo. 18 hits tonight. How many came off Shmoltz? 11? LOL!

Edited by Garb
  • Upvote 1

Every facet of the Red Sox have broken down.

Thank Theo and Co. for that.

I was thinking about how loose the Yankees dugout looks. Sure, you're having fun when you are winning convincingly - but they look like they genuinely like eachother...even ARod, who is as unlikeable as they come. Then look at the Red Sox team. All year. No fun. Tight. Serious. You have to ponder: all the bullsh*t the team spewed about getting rid of the clubhouse cancers was just that - bullsh*t.

• Upvote 1

So, you're asking someone to show some class while calling them a whiny bitch?

Thanks, Alanis.

LOL!

Congrats Yankees fans. The team looks immense.

Still a few more tilts left. Things can change just as easily from this series to the next match up.

Dude? For real? The Yankees outscored the Sox by something like 20 runs. The pitching was superior. The pen in superior. The Sox look defeated and deflated. Beckett, Lester and who? Tampa is better than the Sox and Tampa has the Sox number.

All of these things could have been said the other way around after the series before this one. Baseball is a funny game. It can change in an instant.

Besides Smoltz's debacle, these were heavily contested games. The last three could have went either way and that's with the Sox playing horribly. There are a few things to be encouraged by from this series. There are a ton more to be worried about, for sure, but all is not lost in August.

True. However, as is the case in ALL SPORTS, it's not how you start, it's how you finish. The Sox are limping. The Yankees are marching and pumping their fists.

Edited by Garb
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company