Sign in to follow this  
Otter

Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees @ Yankee Stadium Series Thread

Maybe when Byrd is ready. When is Dice coming back?

Dice is a month away. Wakes isn't close. Byrd won't ready until September. Bring up Bowden and let him pitch. Done and done.

That half capacity crown chanting Boston sucks seems kind of hollow considering this will be the Yanks first win in 9 tries against them.

What are you talking about, the game is sold out. :rolleyes:

Is it really? I just expected it to be half empty.

Joba hasn't been good tonight and that long layoff could not have helped. Sox aren't dead yet! And if they are we have Cy Beckett going tomorrow.

You're down two and a half and counting.

I'd be more concerned about my team making the postseason period than anything else if I was a Red Sox fan, which I'd never be because I was born in a great city and I'm not a ****sucking prick.

Winning the division does not equal winning the World Series. Just so you know. Sox should make the post season. Getting healthy in the rotation will help that.

Is Joba afraid of Victor Martinez? Although it's nice to see him not throw at people's heads tonight.

He's about to let the Sox back into the game.

He wasn't sharp to start the game and the long lay off in between innings couldn't help.

.......and your pen needs?:rolleyes:

Masterson back. Traber blows. Or they should have called up Bowden. He's nasty.

I'd like to get out of this game using Robertson, Malancon, and Bruney

If history means anything you're going to need the pen heavily tomorrow too.

I know about winning the World Series, I've seen my team win it SIX times in my lifetime and will see it again come the end of October. :Nuts:

Good for you. I doubt the Yankees win it this year though. not if they have to play the Angels in the playoffs.

Dude

Go to your room...you are embarrassing yourself

AJ Burnett vs. Red Sox this season

2 GS 7.2 IP 12.31 ERA 0-1 record.

Just sayin'.

Yankees just traded for Padres RHP Chad Gaudin. Don't know much about him.

He's decent. Pitched for the A's for a while. Better than Mitre.

Whoever this Yanks pitcher is, just got one of his hitters hit sometime this series. Dumb.

I could watch the red sox get hit by pitches all day. I was hoping Joba hit Youk in the face.

Classy. Ask Kirby Puckett how that feels. Have some sense.

And can someone tell Michael Kay that I never want him to ever say the word orgy again. Haha.

It was worth it seeing that little wise ass cry walking to 1st

Did you read his lips? All he said was "That's BS to throw at someone when the score is out of hand."

He's not wrong.

F-that little piece of crap

Nevertheless, he was ahead in the count 1-2

I really don't think he was trying to hit him

He already missed once over his head.

Tomorrow's another day. Beckett is money. Go Sox.

Great game last night. Hate to lose that one. That one hurts more than the one the night before. Burnett was solid. Sox need to capitilize on all those walks the Yanks have been handing out. Beckett was great again. Both bullpens were very impressive.

Even though Tazawa gave up the HR I was impressed. Kid was in AA like a few weeks ago and his first duty in the majors is 0-0 14th inning in Yankee Stadium in the biggest rivalry in the game. That takes some serious Gonads.

Now I am worried about a split. I have confidence on Sunday, but Buchholz needs to keep the Sox in the game and pitch deep into it tonight. Yanks need the same from CC.

I like my chances of a well deserved sweep

Tonight the Yanks might win, but Lester is a Yankee killer.

"Impressed"

The kid got hit hard. I found nothing "impressive"

Melky and Tex looked impressed. You not being impressed.. laughable.

The kid left a ball up to one of the era's greatest hitters and paid for it.

Not bad for a guy who was starting games in AA not too long ago and woke up in Pawtucket yesterday and went to bed in NYC.

your "pitching depth" laughable

4 hits in 2 innings and would have been 5 save for an amazing catch by Drew in RF..laughable.

Tazawa...laughable. Carl, how much you want to bet this kid is going to get eaten alive, in the same vein Smoltz was? This kid just came up from AA. He will get stomped.

Well considering he was just signed this past off season and was just getting used to pitching in America, I think he pitched admirably. Came into an unfamiliar situation on the grandest of all baseball stages. He is 21 years old! The Sox had their hand forced to bring him up this early because of injuries. He needed a season or TWO to get adjusted.

The Sox gambled and lost on Smoltz. Fine. It was worth the shot. Right now the Sox depth is being questioned because of injuries and trading Masterson, who I knew would be missed from jump. Theo went after offense at the deadline but he should have been looking for more pitching and a SS. Am I glad they have Victor? Yes. He'll be more than worth the trade, but He isn't going to solve all of the Sox current problems. Only time and health can do that, if they even can.

That all said I still think the Sox make the playoffs and should be considered a dangerous team because of their 1-2 in the rotation.

Doesn't look like Bay will play either of these two upcoming games.

Lowrie is back on the DL.

Sox called up a not so great pitcher in Edgar Gonzalez in case Clay still has command issues.

When it rains it pours.

Can we please take BP off of Buchholz today? Oh that would be great.

I am hoping Sox fans will be pleasantly surprised today.

He's coming off a good start in a game the Sux lost but the start before that he got knocked around a bit by the A's. That's not what most people consider to be "money."

ERA in June - 1.85

ERA in July - 2.60

ERA in August - 1.50

Money.

Carl have you noticed that your team has ZERO offense? Just askin'. Pettitte has been "money" in his last two starts as well.

I've noticed. Line up isn't as long with Bay out, that's for sure. Ortiz is awful. We could hide Tek in the lineup if everyone else was hitting well. They are not.

DLJ- How did Beckett lose miserably? He was dynamite on Friday night. He didn't factor into the decision.

Your $7million dollar offseason acquisition is back in Atlanta eating at The Golden Corral with his family

Arod won a game the other night

Your guy won a 1st class ticket to Atlanta

They only gave Smoltz 5.5 million. How much are the Yankees paynig Kei Igawa? Sometimes, these things don't work out.

Big spot for Bard. Here's hoping he can hold it.

If the Yankees come back to win this, it could be a backbreaker for the season.

Oki should have been in from the beginning.

You love Bard

I do. He's got dynamite stuff. he's going to be a good one. Lead in the 8th inning though you have to go with Okajima. Plain and simple.

This is simply deflating.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company