Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees @ Yankee Stadium Series Thread

Otter

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boston isnt intimidating like they used to be. See Ramirez,Manny.

That is really the biggest thing. Ortiz is a different hitter at this point and without Manny -- well there is nothing to scare you in that lineup. The Sox not getting Tex this offseason really was a pretty big deal.

The Sox used to be scary, that just isn't the case right now. Totally different team (not complaining about that).

That is really the biggest thing. Ortiz is a different hitter at this point and without Manny -- well there is nothing to scare you in that lineup. The Sox not getting Tex this offseason really was a pretty big deal.

The Sox used to be scary, that just isn't the case right now. Totally different team (not complaining about that).

IF ANYTHING, Ortiz needs to be battign 3rd with Victor Martinez 4th, and Bay 5th. and youk 6th. giving Ortiz supreme protection

Still a few more tilts left. Things can change just as easily from this series to the next match up.

Dude? For real? The Yankees outscored the Sox by something like 20 runs. The pitching was superior. The pen in superior. The Sox look defeated and deflated. Beckett, Lester and who? Tampa is better than the Sox and Tampa has the Sox number.

Still a few more tilts left. Things can change just as easily from this series to the next match up.

I have to be honest, I don't see it. Obviously I hope I am right but the Yankees have a lot of horses so to speak. The division lead is pretty big right now and I don't see them letting up. They do a lot of things very well.

I think the AL East is locked up and Boston has to worry about the wild card at this point. Time will tell either way but the Yankees have the best record in baseball and are just playing great baseball. I don't see them slowing down enough to be caught.

The postseason? The World Series? Anything can happen in a short series so who knows. But I think the AL East is over.

Dude? For real? The Yankees outscored the Sox by something like 20 runs. The pitching was superior. The pen in superior. The Sox look defeated and deflated. Beckett, Lester and who? Tampa is better than the Sox and Tampa has the Sox number.

All of these things could have been said the other way around after the series before this one. Baseball is a funny game. It can change in an instant.

Besides Smoltz's debacle, these were heavily contested games. The last three could have went either way and that's with the Sox playing horribly. There are a few things to be encouraged by from this series. There are a ton more to be worried about, for sure, but all is not lost in August.

All of these things could have been said the other way around after the series before this one. Baseball is a funny game. It can change in an instant.

Besides Smoltz's debacle, these were heavily contested games. The last three could have went either way and that's with the Sox playing horribly. There are a few things to be encouraged by from this series. There are a ton more to be worried about, for sure, but all is not lost in August.

True. However, as is the case in ALL SPORTS, it's not how you start, it's how you finish. The Sox are limping. The Yankees are marching and pumping their fists.

will you marry me?

Whew!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put my lucky hat on when the Yanks came up after the Martinez homer. The same hat I put on literally right before the ARod walkoff on Friday night. Thank you hat!!!!!! And thank you Yanks!!! You are one hell of a team, I must say. Unbelievable series.

Some of my favorite quotes...

Way to blow the game Farnsworth.......er, Bard

We can score two runs - we just need another 41 innings.

HOLY ****ING ****.

slitting my wrists now.

I hate everything right now

Wow,AROD

Damon and

Teixeira

Three guys Theo decided were not worth an extra few million.

From Girardi re: Hughes

I will not jeopardize their health or their future for one game...

This is a huge message about Hughes and to the team, the team matters, it is bigger than one player or one big pitcher, and it shows his confidence with the other guys in the pen.

Boston isnt intimidating like they used to be. See Ramirez,Manny.

Thought you'd like to read this from a Sawx fan

Drew has not played well all season long. I keep waiting for his hot streak where he carries the team, but I don't think it is coming. Ortiz is on a steep decline. He can't get to pitches that he used to crush regularly. Bay was over-hyped by many of us. He's a good player, but he's no star. He's not a middle of the order force. He can't carry the 37 year old Manny's jock.

What do you think CC?

BWHAHHHAAH classic from The Post

A Red Sox lineup that couldn't score in a brothel with a fistful of hundreds had done just enough to win thanks to Victor Martinez's eighth-inning homer.

BWHAHHHAAH classic from The Post

Haha I was cracking up on the train when I read that this morning.

Varitek shouldnt be playing anymore. With Ortiz declining and Bay being just decent...its fairly obvious the Sox miss Manny.

I never understood why people wanted him shipped out. He deserves a statue in that town.

Archived