Sign in to follow this  
Otter

Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees @ Yankee Stadium Series Thread

Resorting to this now huh?

Just trying to prove my point further.

Not resorting to anything.

Show an ounce of class and don't be a whiny bitch because you lost.

That's rich. You asking someone else to show class.

This has nothing to do with the game, which isn't over by the way. This has to do with a previous conversation.

Speaking of the game, the Sox can bounce back from this. Lester definitely deserved better.

Lowell is a shell of his former self

He's been declining but still effective. The hip surgery definitely didn't help. There is a reason the Sox went after Tex in the offseason and picked up Victor at the deadline.

Lol@ resorting to steroid accusations just because your team is two outs away from being swept.

Please show me how you correllate the two.

That was a season defining win

Still a few more tilts left. Things can change just as easily from this series to the next match up.

Dude? For real? The Yankees outscored the Sox by something like 20 runs. The pitching was superior. The pen in superior. The Sox look defeated and deflated. Beckett, Lester and who? Tampa is better than the Sox and Tampa has the Sox number.

All of these things could have been said the other way around after the series before this one. Baseball is a funny game. It can change in an instant.

Besides Smoltz's debacle, these were heavily contested games. The last three could have went either way and that's with the Sox playing horribly. There are a few things to be encouraged by from this series. There are a ton more to be worried about, for sure, but all is not lost in August.

Thought you'd like to read this from a Sawx fan

What do you think CC?

I think Bay is a very good player who carried the team for much of the first part of the season through ineffectiveness of some and injuries of other. I think he played a lot of games and probably through some innjuries that caught up with him. I think he'd be great in a lineup that was producing around him. I don't think he's the player has been lately nor the one at the start of the season. I think he's a .300/25/95 guy who would be a great complimentary piece of everyone on the team was hitting well.

That being said, I don't think he'll get money like JD gets (and doesn't deserve). He could get more on the open market, but 3/30 wouldn't be out of the ordinary. Given what Dunn and Abreu signed for last season, that seems about right. That being said the Sox have a lot to figure out after they win the World Series at varioud positions.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company