Woody Johnson In The Media Guide

Maxman

Today I got my hands on the Jets 2009 Media Guide. Of course, the Jets didn't give this to me. I had to steal it. :-P Jared you shouldn't leave copies laying around like that.

Anyhow I would like to start a new feature here at JetNation.com. I will post clips from the media guide pertaining to Woody Johnson. And you can comment on them, letting us know if you agree or disagree. The section on Woody Johnson opens with this:

Woody Johnson purchased the Jets in January 2000. Since then, the franchise has posted six winning seasons, appeared in six postseason games and captured an AFC East division title in 2002.

Johnson has instilled a philosophy that fans are the driving force behind a successful team. That philosophy permeates the culture of the entire organization from the front office to the field. In what has become a tradition at the Meadowlands, Johnson often walks the parking lot pre-game, moving from one tailgate party to the next in order to hear directly from the most loyal fans in the NFL.

Thoughts?

:face:

Don't cover your eyes Joe. It is about the fans. Sure most fans can't afford PSLs and they practice in a place that 300 people have access to on a daily basis. But please don't forget that Woody walks the parking lot because he cares about you.

Don't cover your eyes Joe. It is about the fans. Sure most fans can't afford PSLs and they practice in a place that 300 people have access to on a daily basis. But please don't forget that Woody walks the parking lot because he cares about you.

I really hope he comes to our tailgate this season. I do.

Really? You're going to fault Woody for that? If it were up to Woody he'd have practice in Florham and be raking the Jersey sales revenue.

Really? You're going to fault Woody for that? If it were up to Woody he'd have practice in Florham and be raking the Jersey sales revenue.

Yeah, because Florham Park could really hold that many more fans. I was there for Minicamps, it isn't any bigger than the Cortland area.

Would've still been nice to have them here. I would've went 1-3 times a week, easily.

I am not faulting Woody for anything. He is my leader. I would never question his wisdom.

He set this up for the fans. It says so in the media guide it has to be true.

I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves. But tomorrow's entry mentions that the new stadium is the best venue in sports. (I haven't been there but I am so happy to hear that it is nicer than the new Yankee stadium and Citi field - which are both pretty nice).

Good news.

Hey in all seriousness I don't fault them for moving camp, I give them credit actually. Obviously Rex wanted to move and it is good that they didn't stand in his way.

I am just laughing at this media guide that basically says the fans come first. :-P

Hey in all seriousness I don't fault them for moving camp, I give them credit actually. Obviously Rex wanted to move and it is good that they didn't stand in his way.

I am just laughing at this media guide that basically says the fans come first. :-P

Are you implying that they don't? :-P

Some underage drinker had a bit too many PBR's tonight I see. ;)

"Im not as think as you drunk i am."

but on a serious note. i could run this team better by basing my decisions on where the darts land on the dart board after a night at the pub.

"Im not as think as you drunk i am."

but on a serious note. i could run this team better by basing my decisions on where the darts land on the dart board after a night at the pub.

I wish Woody would do the smart thing, can Rex and rehire Rich Kotite to boost the team moral and really help Sanchez become a star.

"I'm not a genius. I don't have all the answers."

:rl:

Today I got my hands on the Jets 2009 Media Guide. Of course, the Jets didn't give this to me. I had to steal it. :-P Jared you shouldn't leave copies laying around like that.

Anyhow I would like to start a new feature here at JetNation.com. I will post clips from the media guide pertaining to Woody Johnson. And you can comment on them, letting us know if you agree or disagree. The section on Woody Johnson opens with this:

Thoughts?

Woody Johnson is a ****ing *******. There were about 2000 people packed onto a single sideline trying to see the ****ing team he thinks is worth $20k per seat play football. Could they see it? No, but his corporate sponsor pals behind the velvet rope in the far end zone were being served creme brulee in their luxurious seats. Not to mention the entire OTHER sideline that NO ONE was allowed onto, GOD FORBID one of the unwashed masses ended up co-mingling with the velvet rope crowd on their way over there.

AND ANOTHER THING. Before Wednesday's practice they hired a ****ing HELICOPTER to hover over this grass field for the purpose of keeping it dry: a ****ing HELICOPTER. And the stinkin' Jets couldn't spend a couple of bucks to bring in a few more bleachers for old people and kids to sit on? They just say "**** it, let em stand"? It was shocking. Truly.

Woody Johnson is a ****ing *******. There were about 2000 people packed onto a single sideline trying to see the ****ing team he thinks is worth $20k per seat play football. Could they see it? No, but his corporate sponsor pals behind the velvet rope in the far end zone were being served creme brulee in their luxurious seats. Not to mention the entire OTHER sideline that NO ONE was allowed onto, GOD FORBID one of the unwashed masses ended up co-mingling with the velvet rope crowd on their way over there.

AND ANOTHER THING. Before Wednesday's practice they hired a ****ing HELICOPTER to hover over this grass field for the purpose of keeping it dry: a ****ing HELICOPTER. And the stinkin' Jets couldn't spend a couple of bucks to bring in a few more bleachers for old people and kids to sit on? They just say "**** it, let em stand"? It was shocking. Truly.

Here is something that Randy Lange wrote last night:

Quite a Crowd

Perhaps the most electrifying aspect of the evening was the caravan of cars that slowly snaked its way into the stadium complex

Here is something that Randy Lange wrote last night:

It is funny how they left out the part about people not being able to see or sit. I like Randy Lange a lot. But being the minister of misinformation has to be taking a toll on him.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/1138-qbs-and-tackling-for-big-scrimmage-crowd

BULL ****ING ****!!!!!!!! The bleacher set-up they had on the grass field wasn't even accomodating the 200-300 people that were showing up for the previous two days of practices!!!!!!! People were on top of each other then! And they had no idea that a crowd coming out for the scrimmage might be, ummmm, bigger? And if they try to say that they didn't expect such a large crowd, THAT'S a ****ing lie, because they made DAMN SURE to put about 15 extra kids to work in the merchandise tent, selling $50 Brett Favre and Chad Pennington jerseys.

If they had any intent of taking the Jets out into Bills country to help market the Jets' brand, they totally screwed the f'ing pooch.

Yeah, Lange used to be the one truly objective reporter going. Now he gets paid to stand out front and lie for "Silver Spoons" Johnson. Sad.

BTW, the "higher bleachers on the soccer field a field away from the action" were a solid 200 yards away from the action with all kinds of obstructions in between them and the field. It was a bunch of people who just gave up on trying to see the field from field level and said "**** it, at least we can sit down." They would have been lucky to be able to make out the football when it left the QB's hand.

Also, this was funny, they had interns and Cortland police walking up and down the fence making people put video equipment away, as if anyone in that mass of people was actually going to get a good, clean, useful shot of any action taking place on the field.

BULL ****ING ****!!!!!!!! The bleacher set-up they had on the grass field wasn't even accomodating the 200-300 people that were showing up for the previous two days of practices!!!!!!! People were on top of each other then! And they had no idea that a crowd coming out for the scrimmage might be, ummmm, bigger? And if they try to say that they didn't expect such a large crowd, THAT'S a ****ing lie, because they made DAMN SURE to put about 15 extra kids to work in the merchandise tent, selling $50 Brett Favre and Chad Pennington jerseys.

If they had any intent of taking the Jets out into Bills country to help market the Jets' brand, they totally screwed the f'ing pooch.

Yeah, Lange used to be the one truly objective reporter going. Now he gets paid to stand out front and lie for "Silver Spoons" Johnson. Sad.

BTW, the "higher bleachers on the soccer field a field away from the action" were a solid 200 yards away from the action with all kinds of obstructions in between them and the field. It was a bunch of people who just gave up on trying to see the field from field level and said "**** it, at least we can sit down." They would have been lucky to be able to make out the football when it left the QB's hand.

Also, this was funny, they had interns and Cortland police walking up and down the fence making people put video equipment away, as if anyone in that mass of people was actually going to get a good, clean, useful shot of any action taking place on the field.

That is really bad. They have nerve spinning it like it was a fun time had by all experience. I would love to see if anyone else was out there. Going to reach out on twitter and see if we can find other disgruntled Jets fans.

Clarification: Disgruntled about the bleacher situation, not disgruntled in general.

That is really bad. They have nerve spinning it like it was a fun time had by all experience. I would love to see if anyone else was out there. Going to reach out on twitter and see if we can find other disgruntled Jets fans.

Clarification: Disgruntled about the bleacher situation, not disgruntled in general.

Careful....don't lose your press pass. :D

Thoughts?

Obviously Max you got that media guide Pre PSL. I have the latest copy and it has been edited.

Woody Johnson purchased the Jets in January 2000. Since then, the franchise has posted six winning seasons, appeared in six postseason games and captured an AFC East division title in 2002.

Johnson has instilled a philosophy that screwing the fans is the driving force behind a successful team. That philosophy permeates the culture of the entire organization from the front office to the field. In what has become a tradition at the Meadowlands. This season Johnson will ride through the parking lot pre-game in his bullet proof Pope Mobile, moving from one tailgate party to the next in order to hear directly from the most screwed fans in the NFL.

Archived