SJ Reviews: '(500) Days of Summer..a real life romantic-dramedy (4)

SouthernJet

500 Days of Summer goes where few romantic comedies, or in this case dramedies go. Its areal life story. Thats right. No best buddy is amillionaire , or guy falls in love with movie star. This flick traeds dangerous ground. A story about real people , in shiit jobs, who taste joy and wallow in pain.

And damn if they dont pull it off.

This Indie film stars Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, thats right the 'Angels in the Outfield' kid with Danny Glover.

Its starts at near end of 500 days and switched back and forth through teh relationship to show the highs and lows and the craziness we all feel in thgis game of love. Its done in a completely unique way. No formula Mainstram schlock here. It contains some intersting film twists and is one of freshest foilms of year.

Love doesnt always come wrapped up where the movie star falls for the slug,. Som,etimes its about the real world. This film is gentle in its attempt to show those awkward 1st days when 'the spark' hits, and the emergence of a relationshipoand the pains that come.

Its not formula, and it is definitly in the Indie edgy frame of mind.

But , I think its the best romantic flick of year. No other romantic flick comes close.

4 stars_002.gif's

500 Days of Summer goes where few romantic comedies, or in this case dramedies go. Its areal life story. Thats right. No best buddy is amillionaire , or guy falls in love with movie star. This flick traeds dangerous ground. A story about real people , in shiit jobs, who taste joy and wallow in pain.

And damn if they dont pull it off.

This Indie film stars Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, thats right the Terminator kid from Arnold Terminator flicks.

Its starts at near end of 500 days and switched back and forth through teh relationship to show the highs and lows and the craziness we all feel in thgis game of love. Its done in a completely unique way. No formula Mainstram schlock here. It contains some intersting film twists and is one of freshest foilms of year.

Love doesnt always come wrapped up where the movie star falls for the slug,. Som,etimes its about the real world. This film is gentle in its attempt to show those awkward 1st days when 'the spark' hits, and the emergence of a relationshipoand the pains that come.

Its not formula, and it is definitly in the Indie edgy frame of mind.

But , I think its the vest romantic flick of year. No one comes close.

4 stars_002.gif's

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is from 3rd rock from the sun not terminator from what I remember. Also, are there any nude scenes? Deschanel is hot.

I loved this movie. But I love Zooey Deschanel, and find it very easy to get swept up in any movie about falling for her hard.

LOVED the movie also. And I also love Zooey and could easily see how one could get swept up with her.

i also love her sister, emily in bones.

BUT great little movie. Not a chick flick at all.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is from 3rd rock from the sun not terminator from what I remember. Also, are there any nude scenes? Deschanel is hot.

haha,,u r right,,brain fart,,i was thinking of him in Angels in Outfield...

Minimal nude,,not sure of how much nude,,I din tsee any,,but when i went for popcorn refill, i asked what i missed and wife said 'he came back to room and she was nude'..

zooey is a goddess

fell in love with her in elf, and then bridge to terabithia (hey, I have kids)

she has a gift

Two of my favorite movies have her in it. Eulogy, which if you haven't seen it, is a must see, and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

And the girl can sing like an angel.

Two of my favorite movies have her in it. Eulogy, which if you haven't seen it, is a must see, and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

And the girl can sing like an angel.

saw HH, never heard of eulogy, I'll check it out.

her voice is what caught my attention first, in this scene

j6VeDD4GbmQ

cjkGuVnrvSs&feature=related

Did you see Zoey in Tin Man, a 6-hour miniseries on Sci Fi back in 2007?

It's a re-imagining of The Wizard of Oz, with sci-fi/fantasy elements, where she and her companions have to save the alternate world (the O.Z.) from being taken over by the darkness and evil soceress. Here's the trailer but there are a lot of clips on youtube.

SAI8GpI4Ea8

Saw it last night, what a refreshing movie.

I like the way the jumped back and forth through time, and without confusing you in the actions. I went with a few other girls, and they were all saying how they wanted bf's after that. I laughed, but if I could be with her, I'd go nuts too.

Great story and well put together

Archived