FAT PAPI steroid press conference coming up now

Blackout

I learned a lot from that press conference.

So he didn't take steroids, but he did take something that was banned and he hasn't tested positive for anything since.

You know who doesn't turn up looking all that great here is the media. They are asking people to break the law, reporting names on a list that not all of them on have tested positive for anything, and they are doing it a few names at a time. For shame, media.

I learned a lot from that press conference.

So he didn't take steroids, but he did take something that was banned and he hasn't tested positive for anything since.

You know who doesn't turn up looking all that great here is the media. They are asking people to break the law, reporting names on a list that not all of them on have tested positive for anything, and they are doing it a few names at a time. For shame, media.

I'm really sorry you're that big of a homer. Look, I know you want to believe Ortiz and his awesome story (it really is), but he's a fraud. Just like about 65 percent of the players of that era.

I'm really sorry you're that big of a homer. Look, I know you want to believe Ortiz and his awesome story (it really is), but he's a fraud. Just like about 65 percent of the players of that era.

Until all the information comes out, why shouldn't we believe him? Innocent until proven guilty.

And yes, Blackout, the media does need to be called out on this. They are asking people to break the law to sell newspapers. It's a disgrace.

JonE: What charges is he trying to dismiss? And what about it seemed rehearsed?

I didn't think that anyone on the list could handle their "outing" worse than ARod, but Papi has him beat. At least ARod admitted that he took the stuff.

Papi's taking the route of Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa and Rafael Palmeiro.

Until all the information comes out, why shouldn't we believe him? Innocent until proven guilty.

And yes, Blackout, the media does need to be called out on this. They are asking people to break the law to sell newspapers. It's a disgrace.

Carl, it's okay you know to admit Ortiz is a fraud! Yankee fans did it with Alex and he admitted 100% more than this fat lying scum. It's ok. Really.

I didn't think that anyone on the list could handle their "outing" worse than ARod, but Papi has him beat. At least ARod admitted that he took the stuff.

Papi's taking the route of Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa and Rafael Palmeiro.

Where did he not admit to taking something. A-Rod's was definitely worse. He got caught in lie after lie after lie.

Papi owned up and said he was careless and took things he didn't know what was in it. He denied taking steroids and there is no proof he did.

The Red Sox issued the following statement following David Ortiz's press conference this afternoon:

The Players Association made clear in its public statement today that there are substantial uncertainties and ambiguity surrounding the list of 104 names from the 2003 survey test. Indeed, there is even uncertainty about the number of players on this 2003 government list, whether it is 104, 96, 83, or less. Many of those uncertainties apparently relate to the use of then-legal nutritional supplements that were not banned by Baseball.

David vigorously denied ever buying or using steroids. As important, Major League Baseball has informed us that David has been tested every year since the implementation of the MLB/MLBPA program in 2004 and, under the program, he has been tested 15 or more different times. We have been informed that, during this entire 6-year period (2004-2009), David has never tested positive for a steroid. Also during this period, David voluntarily submitted himself to the Olympic standard of drug tests administered in connection with the World Baseball Classics in 2006 and in 2009. We are informed he did not test positive for steroids under those tests either, and he participated actively in both international tournaments.

Last week, David said he would keep people informed after he personally looked into reports of his inclusion on the 2003 survey test. He has done so. David Ortiz is a team leader, and his contributions on the field and in the community have earned him respect and a special place in the hearts of Red Sox Nation.

We appreciate the attention given to this specific matter by the Players Association and the Office of the Commissioner. The Boston Red Sox continue to support all efforts to rid the game of steroids. We again salute Commissioner Selig for his staunch and continuing leadership in eradicating the use of steroids in Major League Baseball.

Carl, it's okay you know to admit Ortiz is a fraud! Yankee fans did it with Alex and he admitted 100% more than this fat lying scum. It's ok. Really.

What is he a fraud about? He's being stonewalled by the courts and cannot get any information. If it comes out later that he did steroids then he looks like a liar, but as of right now there is nothing saying that he did steroids.

Where did he not admit to taking something. A-Rod's was definitely worse. He got caught in lie after lie after lie.

Papi owned up and said he was careless and took things he didn't know what was in it. He denied taking steroids and there is no proof he did.

Why is he on the list then?

It would make his life easier if he just admitted he took steroids. It's not like he was the only player using PED's in this era.

IT IS YOUR JOB AS A PRO ATHLETE TO KNOW WHAT YOU PUT INTO YOUR BODY. You have to know if something is illegal. Plus, how many times will everyone buy the same bull**** "it was in my supplement, I didn't knowingly take it" excuse....

Why is he on the list then?

It would make his life easier if he just admitted he took steroids. It's not like he was the only player using PED's in this era.

He popped for taking something banned, not necessarily a steroid. Won't know what he took or tested positive for until the court shenanigans are done. Which is probably a long time away.

And not everyone on the list actually tested positive, by the way. Don't see the media reporting that.

Noone said sh*t about law breaking when A_rod's name came out, but all of a sudden the MLBPA is sitting side by side with him? GTFOH!

He looked like a buffon stumbling over his words.

How is A-rod any worse? You homers are really pathetic. A-Rod lied about taking roids, yes, but he owned it. Big Papi is the same hypocrite who was calling out all roiders in Spring Training but eventually got caught as being one himself. You can buy that tired ass " I bought an over the counter supplement IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, didnt know it had roids" excuse all you want, but he's just as guilty as A-Rod. Notice Ramirez isnt saying anything. Papi didnt own up to anything. If you call that horse and pony show today "owning up" then you're a moron.

It's fine to call out the media as long as you acknowledge that the same thing happened to Alex in the name of selling a book. I lift weights and workout religously I know EVERYTHING that goes into my body. I find it hard to believe any athlete is that negligent. Including Alex and papi.

Carl you are seriously the biggest homer I have ever encountered.

You've never encountered me.

I don't care if you call me a homer. I believe Ortiz. He hasn't given me a reason not to believe. No one has given any proof that he did steroids. Should he have known better than to take supplements without getting them checked first? Of course he should have. That was an error in judgement, which obviously everyone around here casting stones has never had happen.

Guilty until proven innocent goes against the very grain of what this nation was founded upon. It's a shame you're all buying into this.

Until all the information comes out, why shouldn't we believe him?

Because he suddenly went from a 20 homer a year role player into an All-Star 50 homer a year beastmaster?

Anyone with objectivity that looked at his career year-by-year numbers could have told you that he was helped by steroids.

Because he suddenly went from a 20 homer a year role player into an All-Star 50 homer a year beastmaster?

Anyone with objectivity that looked at his career year-by-year numbers could have told you that he was helped by steroids.

Prove it.

He had 18 HRs in 01 and 20 in 02 in inconsistent playing time and in Minnesota.

He hits lots of homeruns batting in front of Manny in Fenway Park. Bet that had something to do with it.

If he was helped by steroids it would have been 2003 the year he tested positive for something (no one knows what). He has been 15-20 times since then and nothing has come up. Not in the MLB and not in the WBC. Strange.

Someone please prove to me without a shadow of a doubt that he did steroids. All of what you are saying is circumstantial and basically proves nothing.

You've never encountered me.

I don't care if you call me a homer. I believe Ortiz. He hasn't given me a reason not to believe. No one has given any proof that he did steroids. Should he have known better than to take supplements without getting them checked first? Of course he should have. That was an error in judgement, which obviously everyone around here casting stones has never had happen.

Guilty until proven innocent goes against the very grain of what this nation was founded upon. It's a shame you're all buying into this.

jesus christ shut up. Dude did steroids, just like everyone else in baseball.

Youre embarrassing yourself with this argument.

Prove it.

He had 18 HRs in 01 and 20 in 02 in inconsistent playing time and in Minnesota.

He hits lots of homeruns batting in front of Manny in Fenway Park. Bet that had something to do with it.

If he was helped by steroids it would have been 2003 the year he tested positive for something (no one knows what). He has been 15-20 times since then and nothing has come up. Not in the MLB and not in the WBC. Strange.

Someone please prove to me without a shadow of a doubt that he did steroids. All of what you are saying is circumstantial and basically proves nothing.

You know, I never bought into the "CrazyCarl is just a giant homer" argument used by so many Yankee fans around here. Until now.

In 2003, he tested positive for a banned substance. FACT. 2003 was also the beginning of his ascent into an elite power hitter. FACT.

But, sure, let's believe him that it was flaxseed oil or whatever the ****.

"I had no idea my protein shake was laced with horse tranquilizers".

Archived