So I got an IPhone

T0mShane

I Finally had it with the snapperheads at the TMobile store who couldn't tell me anything about the Blackberries so I ran to the Apple Store and got an IPhone. It seems cool, but what is it good for other than nuisancing people on Facebook? Can anyone suggest the cool apps?

I Finally had it with the snapperheads at the TMobile store who couldn't tell me anything about the Blackberries so I ran to the Apple Store and got an IPhone. It seems cool, but what is it good for other than nuisancing people on Facebook? Can anyone suggest the cool apps?

Should have grabbed the Mytouch which came out this week... too bad your Tmobile store sucked...

Cheaper and better than the Iphone.

mytouch-hands-001.jpg

Are you within your 14 day buyers remorse period? Did you already port the # and thus cancel your Tmobile account or are you waiting to port until your 14 days are up?

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2009/08/06/billshrink-t-mobile-mytouch-3g-trumps-iphone-3gs-palm-pre/

Billshrink: T-Mobile myTouch 3G trumps iPhone 3GS, Palm Pre

Up to 32GB of memory... multitasking... MMS... and cheaper plans...

If you can think of it, there's an app for that. ;-)

One of the best apps would be the Sirius/XM app, if you have a subscription.

I heard a rumor you can call people on it, not sure tho

I'm still sticking it out with Verizon/Blackberry Strom. It's nice getting your calls and not having them drop, which is way better than any other service I've had. But texting with the Storm requires the dexterity of a well-trained child prodigy typist. Again I ask-can Verizon and Apple simply get into business already?

I'm still sticking it out with Verizon/Blackberry Strom. It's nice getting your calls and not having them drop, which is way better than any other service I've had. But texting with the Storm requires the dexterity of a well-trained child prodigy typist. Again I ask-can Verizon and Apple simply get into business already?

Completely agreed. I have nothing against the iPhone, but I would never switch my service from Verizon. At one point in time I had AT&T and it was so pathetically awful, I would never ever go back. Since switching Verizon, the service has been excellent and I see no reason to change. Not to say I would run out to the store to go buy an iPhone if it became available for Verizon, but at that point it would at least be a possibility. As far as I'm concerned, the service is significantly more important than the differences in the phones.

That is better than the iphone? Can you use it on itunes?

You can use websites and converters to sync your entire playlist to the mytouch. The only stuff you can't get is the DRM'ed material, so if your library is mostly manually-ripped CD's, not store-bought songs, you should be fine.

That is better than the iphone? Can you use it on itunes?

You would need to use an app like this ( http://www.salling.com/MediaSync/mac/ ) to support DRM music because Apple has actually gone out of their way to make sure other devices CANNOT sync with itunes...

The opposite will always be the case with the Mytouch though as it is run on open source software from Google...

Should have grabbed the Mytouch which came out this week... too bad your Tmobile store sucked...

Cheaper and better than the Iphone.

mytouch-hands-001.jpg

Nothing is better then the iPhone. Theres way too many apps for any other phone to even compete. Plus there multi touch is miles ahead of everyone elses.

Pandora's the best after Facebook, it's a pretty amazing app. Just be careful because it's going to drain your battery very quickly.

AOL radio is cool if you like listening to WFAN and you're out of town.

Fandango and the USA Today apps are money also. The MLB app is pretty cool if you're a baseball fan. And if you're a conscientious eater, Lose It! Is a great and simple way of tracking calories throughout the day.

Oh, and download Remote, you'll be able to access your iTunes library wirelessly on your phone from your computer when you're in the house, and control iTunes on your comp from your phone. There's some great NY Subway apps too, but I'm not too familiar with which ones are the best since I personally have no need for them.

Pandora's the best after Facebook, it's a pretty amazing app. Just be careful because it's going to drain your battery very quickly.

AOL radio is cool if you like listening to WFAN and you're out of town.

Fandango and the USA Today apps are money also. The MLB app is pretty cool if you're a baseball fan. And if you're a conscientious eater, Lose It! Is a great and simple way of tracking calories throughout the day.

Oh, and download Remote, you'll be able to access your iTunes library wirelessly on your phone from your computer when you're in the house, and control iTunes on your comp from your phone. There's some great NY Subway apps too, but I'm not too familiar with which ones are the best since I personally have no need for them.

Awesome tips, bro. I will definitely get on that Remote app. Sounds bad ass.

ANd thanks for the rest of the tips, dudes. I've been screwing with it for a few hours and it seems handy. The plan should be aroung $90 a month which is close to what I was paying for my feature-free piece of **** T-Mobile.

And E, at the T-Mobile store I was at they had zero idea what the Mytouch was and they tried pushing the G1 on me. It looked like a flimsy piece of ****. I need a phone that can be thrown through the wall and still work. As such, I bought one of those polyethylene jackets for my phone.

Awesome tips, bro. I will definitely get on that Remote app. Sounds bad ass.

ANd thanks for the rest of the tips, dudes. I've been screwing with it for a few hours and it seems handy. The plan should be aroung $90 a month which is close to what I was paying for my feature-free piece of **** T-Mobile.

And E, at the T-Mobile store I was at they had zero idea what the Mytouch was and they tried pushing the G1 on me. It looked like a flimsy piece of ****. I need a phone that can be thrown through the wall and still work. As such, I bought one of those polyethylene jackets for my phone.

Sucks... for the $90 you are paying at AT&T it would only be $75 at Tmobile... $360 less over a 2 year deal... and if you were with Tmobile for a while they would have thrown Unlimited minutes at you for $49.99 + $34.99 for Unl Web and Messaging... $85 for Unlimited everything on the Mytouch...

Oh and as for the Apps... Android has over 5000 apps in less than a year... apps are not an issue on an open source software designed by google...

If you are still in your grace period and would contemplate switching I know someone who can help you out.

Looking to do this with my 2g, Tmobile welcomes it....

Yup no problem at all, just have them add the smart phone web package for $24.99/mo or $34.99/mo with unlimited texting and you are good to go... there is a guy I know who unlocks Iphones just for this for about $25 bucks.

Yup no problem at all, just have them add the smart phone web package for $24.99/mo or $34.99/mo with unlimited texting and you are good to go... there is a guy I know who unlocks Iphones just for this for about $25 bucks.

Paying 25$ for someone to unlock is the worst spent 25$ dollars. Its so easy to do, you just gotta do a 5-10 minutes worth of research download 1 or 2 things and your golden. I'd point in the direction, but it all comes out to what the latest firmware is.

I believe ultrasn0w is they're calling it now.

Paying 25$ for someone to unlock is the worst spent 25$ dollars. Its so easy to do, you just gotta do a 5-10 minutes worth of research download 1 or 2 things and your golden. I'd point in the direction, but it all comes out to what the latest firmware is.

I believe ultrasn0w is they're calling it now.

Some people don't want to do this, I can't complain though, puts money in my pocket. I just want to figure out what plan i should get on Tmobile, I want to to be 60 bucks max.

You can use websites and converters to sync your entire playlist to the mytouch. The only stuff you can't get is the DRM'ed material, so if your library is mostly manually-ripped CD's, not store-bought songs, you should be fine.

You would need to use an app like this ( http://www.salling.com/MediaSync/mac/ ) to support DRM music because Apple has actually gone out of their way to make sure other devices CANNOT sync with itunes...

The opposite will always be the case with the Mytouch though as it is run on open source software from Google...

Wasn't talking about the songs, I meant because of all the apps.

I'll wait untill Verizon gets IPhone

I am in the same boat. I have too many lines on Verizon and like the quality of their service too much. Otherwise I would switch, until then it is just the itouch for me.

Archived