Lowery Calmly Prepares for 'Sophomore' Season

JetNation

Dwight Lowery is having a strong training camp for the New York Jets. In fact, defensive coordinator Mike Pettine told newyorkjets.com, “Lowery is quietly having one of the best camps of anybody.” Lowery, the 5’11”, 198-pound second-year defensive back, filled in for Darrelle Revis on Sunday morning while the starting cornerback sat out with a tight hamstring. “I...

More...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transcripts of interviews with selected Jets players after Sunday’s morning training camp practice: DE SHAUN ELLISOn what his expectations are for a one-game NFL suspension…There aren’t any. If there is, I just have to go through it and move on from it.On if anyone has talked to him recently…It’s from last year. We had to go throu...

More...

Transcript of Jets head coach Rex Ryan’s news conference late Sunday morning: Small room today. It’s going to be brutal, I don’t work to this kind of crowd. I only work stadiums [laughing]. There’s a rumor that I was spotted at a Mexican restaurant yesterday … yes, very true. The diet had a little bump in the road, but it’s still goi...

More...

Dwight Lowery is having a strong training camp for the New York Jets. In fact, defensive coordinator Mike Pettine told newyorkjets.com, “Lowery is quietly having one of the best camps of anybody.”2009 Preseason Week 1 - Jets vs Rams Game ReleaseLowery, the 5’11”, 198-pound second-year defensive back, filled in for Darrelle Revis on Sunday morning while the starting c...

More...

Transcripts of interviews with selected Jets players after Monday’s morning training camp practice:S JIM LEONHARDOn training camp…The defense is usually a little bit ahead right away and then the offense gets it back and you see us battling back pretty good right now. The offense will hit a play. The defense will come up with a big play. Now it’s getting down to footbal...

More...

Transcript of Jets head coach Rex Ryan’s Monday late-morning news conference: Today we had a nice practice, a good, long practice, a physical practice, and we finally got some heat. So I think that is good. I’d like to see us get a few more hot days. With all that rain we had, we had to go on the turf today. Hopefully, this afternoon we will be on the grass,...

More...

Rookie running back Shonn Greene has had a sudden impact on the Jets during training camp at SUNY Cortland. From practices to the Green & White Scrimmage, No. 23 has taken some tough hits, powered through them and is still practicing hard and fighting for playing time in the Jets’ talented backfield.“Obviously, being a rookie, you can’t really harp on how many reps you g...

More...

The New York Jets, the New Jersey Lottery, Gov. Jon S. Corzine and State Treasurer and Sports and Exposition Authority Commissioner R. David Rousseau today announced an extension of their partnership that will now include a new Jets-themed instant lottery ticket and the chance to win several once-in-a-lifetime Jets-themed prizes. Cash prizes for "Jets Football Fantasy" range from $5...

More...

While Kris Jenkins has been out for the past week during training camp due to a calf injury, other big guys on the Jets roster have felt a new sense of motivation at the defensive tackle position.“The opportunity for us to get in there and get some reps and get looks is there, and whether Kris is in there or not, it’s always good to be ready,” said defensive tackle Sione Pou...

More...

Transcripts of interviews with selected Jets players after Tuesday’s morning training camp practice: QB KELLEN CLEMENS On the Jets offense… We’re getting more comfortable with what we’re doing and what our defense is doing as well so we can make the necessary adjustments. We’ll continue to work. I think Friday will be a good test of...

More...

Transcript of Jets head coach Rex Ryan’s Tuesday late-morning news conference: Today was a good day, a good, spirited day. Competitive. A couple players came up to me after practice and said, “You know Rex, it’s amazing, but when that horn blows, we want to keep practicing.” They’re enjoying it. It’s good competition and I think they’...

More...

Fourteen-year veteran fullback Tony Richardson has been out or limited for the past week with a hip pointer, but he expects to be back soon. He’s listed as questionable for Friday night’s preseason opener at the Meadowlands against the Rams. In his absence, Jehuu Caulcrick, an undrafted free agent who spent last season on the Jets’ practice squad, is taking advantage of his t...

More...

The New York Jets have signed free agent kicker Parker Douglass and have waived WR Huey Whittaker. The announcements were made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum.Douglass (5'8", 175) originally signed as a free agent May 15 with Cleveland and was waived July 31. Prior to signing with the Browns, he played with the Sioux Falls Storm of the Indoor Football League (IFL), converting 15 ...

More...

Transcripts of interviews with selected Jets players after the 23-20 loss to the St. Louis Rams on Friday night: QB KELLEN CLEMENSOn how he felt about the game…I thought overall it was a good starting point for us offensively. We had the three offensive lineman out, two of them who are obviously Pro Bowlers coming back from last year. The younger guys who fil...

More...

Transcripts of Jets head coach Rex Ryan’s postgame news conference after the 23-20 loss to the Rams on Friday night: Like I told the team, I hate losing. I hate losing. I don’t care, preseason or not, whatever the case, it stinks. You have to give credit to the Rams. They did a good job. They made some plays. One running back was so quick, I never saw his nu...

More...

The New York Jets have signed free agent G Dennis Conley and waived QB Chris Pizzotti and WR Paul Raymond. The announcements were made by general manager Mike Tannenbaum. Conley (6'2", 300) was waived by the Bears on July 31 after being signed as an undrafted free agent on April 26. A two-time All-MEAC choice from Hampton, Conley played in 37 games, starting 30, as a left guard. Pizzotti...

More...

The New York Jets have signed free agent G Dennis Conley and waived QB Chris Pizzotti and WR Paul Raymond. The announcements were made by general manager Mike Tannenbaum.Conley (6'2", 300) was waived by the Bears on July 31 after being signed as an undrafted free agent on April 26. A two-time All-MEAC choice from Hampton, Conley played in 37 games, starting 30, as a left guard.Pizzotti...

More...

Transcript of Jets head coach Rex Ryan’s Sunday late-morning news conference: I’d like to, after the press conference, take you over to watch some tape. Our mindset is we’re trying to build a football team and to be unselfish guys, to care about your teammates and to do things that maybe don’t show up on the stats but just doing things that I think wil...

More...

The New York Jets have signed rookie free agent linebacker Joshua Mauga and free agent punter Ken Parrish. They have also waived tight end J’Nathan Bullock and punter T.J. Conley. The announcements were made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum.Mauga (6’1”, 243) was a four-year starter at Nevada who in his senior year totaled 54 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks...

More...

On a blazing Sunday morning here in Cortland, N.Y., Jets PR head Bruce Speight huddled with reporters inside a media tent following practice and told them that Jets rookie QB Mark Sanchez will start his first NFL game on Monday night, Aug. 24, in Baltimore against the Ravens.And when the scribes got a chance to visit both competitors in this latest Jets quarterback battle, Sanchez and Kellen ...

More...

In the return to Cortland after the Jets’ first preseason game Friday, running back Danny Woodhead is intent on keeping the focus and improving as a team. “It’s about getting your mind right again to camp mode and I think that’s what we have to do today and that’s something we have to continue to do,” said Woodhead after Sunday’s morning practice. &ldq...

More...

Shaun Ellis of the New York Jets has been suspended without pay for the team’s first regular-season game and fined an additional $100,000 for violating the NFL Substances of Abuse Policy.Ellis’ suspension for the Jets' first regular-season game will begin on Saturday, Sept. 5. He is eligible to return to the Jets’ active roster on Monday, Sept. 14 following the team’s ...

More...

The New York Jets have waived safety Keith Fitzhugh. The announcement was made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum. Fitzhugh (5’11”, 205) was signed by the Jets on May 1. At Mississippi State he played in 48 games over four years, grabbing six interceptions and adding eight pass breakups.

More...

The Jets already knew they’d be without one starter when they open the regular season Sept. 13 in Houston, but that number doubled today. Six weeks after OLB Calvin Pace was suspended for four games by the NFL for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances, DE Shaun Ellis received a one game suspension and was fined an additional $100,000 for violating the NFL...

More...

Coming out of practice on a sweltering Sunday morning, when temperatures shot up into the mid-90s, Jets linebacker Kenwin Cummings felt right at home. “It felt a lot like North Carolina,” said the Pembroke, N.C., native. “It brought back some memories — I don’t know if they were good or bad.” Cummings, who came to the Jets as an undrafted free agent out of ...

More...

Transcript of Jets head coach Rex Ryan’s Monday late-morning news conference: I am sure you know about Shaun Ellis. It is official from the league. Obviously, he is going to be suspended for that first game. He has accepted responsibility for his actions. We’ll look forward to having him Week 2. I think [what] is important [is] how it is going to affect us. Who is starting hasn&rsq...

More...

Transcript of Jets head coach Rex Ryan’s Tuesday late-morning news conference: On Brett Favre… Favre’s on a plane to Minnesota is what I heard. It will be great. He’s a great player, great competitor, so it’s going to be interesting. I think they open up against Cleveland too so I wish them well except in that first game. I don’t want him to torture my bro...

More...

Coming out of practice on a sweltering Sunday morning, when temperatures shot up into the mid-90s, Jets linebacker Kenwin Cummings felt right at home. “It felt a lot like North Carolina,” said the Pembroke, N.C., native. “It brought back some memories — I don’t know if they were good or bad.” 2009 Preseason Week 2 - Jets at Ravens Game Release Cummings, wh...

More...

James Dearth doesn’t sweat the small stuff. He could’ve complained about the heat wave that has put temperatures into the high 80s and mid-90s in Cortland, N.Y., for the past couple of days, but he didn’t.“Texas is like 105 right now,” said Dearth. “Where I’m from is East Texas, southeast of Dallas. It gets real hot there, blazing hot, humidity gets h...

More...

Transcript of Jets head coach Rex Ryan’s Wednesday late-morning news conference:[Reading from a script] Hello, everybody [laughter]. I like Tom Brady [laughter]. I like Adalius Thomas [laughter]. I really do [laughter].Training camp is going good. A lot of the players’ wives, girlfriends, etc., were out at practice today. A lot of people were noticing them. Everybody was looking...

More...

The New York Jets have signed free agent safety Nate Ness. The announcement was made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum. Ness (6’1”, 190) signed with Cleveland as an undrafted free agent on May 1, then was waived on July 15. In 25 games (19 starts) during two seasons at the University of Arizona, Ness totaled 107 tackles, seven interceptions for 166 yards in returns and two fu...

More...

More than a dozen Jets employees could have been seen — and heard — crowded around televisions at the Central City restaurant in Cortland, N.Y., on Monday night, hanging on every pitch of a qualifying game for the Little League World Series. The entire organization, known for its close ties, was rooting for “Bobby,” as he’s affectionately referred to by friends, an...

More...

Launched in 2006, the Eat Right, Move More campaign is a joint effort between the Jets, the New Jersey Department of Agriculture and the American Dairy Association & Dairy Council, Inc.’s 3-A-Day of Dairy campaign to encourage New Jersey school children to take advantage of healthy foods in their school cafeterias and become more active. The campaign also challenges schools to submit ...

More...

The New York Jets have waived guard Dennis Conley. The announcement was made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum.Conley (6’2”, 300) was signed by the Jets on Aug. 15 after he was waived by Chicago on July 31. He originally signed with the Bears as an undrafted free agent on May 1. A two-time All-MEAC choice from Hampton, Conley played in 37 games, starting 30, at left guard.

More...

Transcripts of interviews with selected Jets players after Thursday’s morning training camp practice: QB KELLEN CLEMENSOn how he feels the camp has progressed for him…I came in with the expectation and the goal of getting just a little bit better with each practice and to continue to improve myself and the offense and I think we’ve done that. It&r...

More...

Archived