4 Starters To Sit Friday Night

SoFlaJets

Oh boy... this is not going to be pretty. Our two best defenders and two of our starting OL. Granted these are all obviously precautionary, but I wouldn't expect to see too many good things from the starting unit on Friday.

I guess its a good thing the Rams suck, huh?

I LIKE that he takes care of his players BG...I could care less how guys like Jenkins and Mangold do in TC and PS games

The offensive line getting hurt is a problem. Even in preseason that can lead to QB's getting hurt.

I'm happy enough to have Jenkins and Revis wait it out. They need to be 100% for the regular season. If Steven Jackson is running all over us I'll be slightly concerned but it's not a bad consolation knowing that Kris Jenkins will be back when it matters.

I LIKE that he takes care of his players BG...I could care less how guys like Jenkins and Mangold do in TC and PS games

Oh, I agree... I think its the smart move for the players sake. I would do the same. Especially for these guys, who are all proven veterans who know what they're doing. Its just going to suck if it ends up affecting the ability to evaluate other players (e.g., Clemens and Sanchez spending the entire game on their asses). Thankfully the Rams suck enough that it might not be a problem. :P

Why not? They are more likely to get hurt in practice. You can't sit all the time.

All a player needs is two pre-seasons games which is what they will go to after the expand the schedule to 18 games. I will be more interested to see how Rex and his assistants coach and how Sanchez plays more than anything else against the Rams.

Since it's the preseason I'll look on the bright side:

This gives the 2nd teamers filling the role of the 4 starters more game experience against opposing starters and Rex & the coaching staff extra time to evaluate more players on the depth chart.

Since it's the preseason I'll look on the bright side:

This gives the 2nd teamers filling the role of the 4 starters more game experience against opposing starters and Rex & the coaching staff extra time to evaluate more players on the depth chart.

Its the pre-season. The second teamers and rookies should be getting the bulk of the snaps even if everyone is healthy.

While its true the Jets have been in first place of the AFCE preseason every year since 2004, the preseason record has no correlation to the regular season record.

All of these players are practicing limitedly or are close to returning to practice, they'd all play if this was a Regular Season game. Who cares. So we don't get to see these guys for 1 or 2 series. They'll all be on the field, unless they get hurt again, for Baltimore on 8/24.

P.S. I'm glad Kellen is starting now that Mangold & Woody won't be in there for those 2 series.

Archived