MADDENOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

gangreenman

Got it for the 360, after playing one game in my Franchise, it's ok I guess. I have to get use to it. Gonna try and do some online play...

What have they added to franchise mode? I hope they did some serious work to it...Last year's version left a lot to be desired IMO. For one, players (especially young ones) better be able to improve year to year naturally, IOTW, improvement doesnt solely rely on how you perform some meaningless drills.

Easily the most overated game of all time. Even more so then any of the SOCOMs. Its so boring, you only play the game for maybe 10% of the time your sitting in front of the TV.

That said nice sig ganggreenman, still waitin on a solid lax video game.

Easily the most overated game of all time. Even more so then any of the SOCOMs. Its so boring, you only play the game for maybe 10% of the time your sitting in front of the TV.

That said nice sig ganggreenman, still waitin on a solid lax video game.

is there any option for fastplay?

I destroyed te first guy I played against online 24-3. Jets defense is ****ing awesome. Got a forced fumble with Rhodes on a hit on Forte, Bart Scott picked it up and ran it in for the TD.

:yahoo:

JETS D and Running game are awesome... TJ is a beast in the game and Leon is great too... Sanchez feels like Pennington in the game... hopefully they update his ratings once the season gets going...

JETS D and Running game are awesome... TJ is a beast in the game and Leon is great too... Sanchez feels like Pennington in the game... hopefully they update his ratings once the season gets going...

I really like Sanchez actually, love his mobility.

This is the most I've enjoyed Madden in a long time, so glad they fixed the running game issues. I'e played two online game and dominated both. Got an amazing pick six with Revis, was like a punt return. The fade route to Cotchery at the goaline is money.

In franchise mode (Which actually feels playable for the first time since '05) I destroyed Houston (All-pro mode) 44-7. Ran all over them with Jones/Washington and the defense as always, dominated. Revis was the only member of the secondary without a pick and he made up for it with a fumble return for a TD. Good times.

8-)

My thoughts after playing for 3 hrs (2 sober).

1 - AI needs improvement. In close games at the end, the opposing comp player still will never call timeouts prior to the 2 min warning. One aspect of madden that has always needed to be fixed IMHO. Minor gripe I guess, but something that shouldnt be all that hard to fix.

2 - I like the OL pocket collapse thing, while Im on offense. On defense, getting sacks is nearly impossible, especially considering the spidey sense all AI controlled QBs seem to have. Slowing down the play is pretty cool, although they slowed it down too much IMO on pass plays. Feels like the ball is in the air for minutes when passed 15 yards or more, and all players (both O and D) look like they're moving in slow motion. Then when the ball is caught or dropped/deflected, it speeds up more again. Doesn't feel smooth.

3 - the Madden Franchise has always been known and liked mostly for its Franchise Mode... And versions like this years version is the reason why people waste countless hours playing. The potential grades/bars is a nice little development, the Extra Point Show is a pretty unique addition, and the college scouting service is actually meaningful now. Signing Free Agents is still easier than it should be, but trading is now much more realistic and pulling out a blockbuster much harder. They also did away with those stupid practice drills that were required for player development, which was probably the reason I barely ever used Franchise Mode last year.

Overall, a good game, by far the best version of the Next Gen era... Still some flaws here and there, but name me a video game where that isn't the case. For those of you into football video games, I can assure you you will enjoy playing Madden NFL 10. If video games arent your thing but you wanna try it anyway, its enjoyable, but its still going to be a videogame. No matter how realistic they try to make em, that will always be the case.

Solid B+/A- (the ratings being rather inconsistent knocked it down half a grade or so as well)

Like, I will just turn on my game and he will be in the game?

BTW, Jones is sick in this game. Wow. Last year he sucked.

No, there will be an option somewhere on the game to put certain players in the game, like last year with Favre there was an update where we could take him off the HOF list and sign him. With Vick they will probably let you make him a free agent as well and then you can sign him.

No, there will be an option somewhere on the game to put certain players in the game, like last year with Favre there was an update where we could take him off the HOF list and sign him. With Vick they will probably let you make him a free agent as well and then you can sign him.

No when they update the roster they put players on the correct teams for you....

I TORE BRADY'S MCL IN WEEK 2! YES! YES!

So much for not being able to rush the passer. Blitzed with Rhodes (Who is awesome in this game), came through untouched and DOWN GOES BRADY! Out for the season. Awesome!

The throwback uni's are brilliant as well, I play with them more often than not.

I destroyed te first guy I played against online 24-3. Jets defense is ****ing awesome. Got a forced fumble with Rhodes on a hit on Forte, Bart Scott picked it up and ran it in for the TD.

:yahoo:

The Jets defense is really good. Darrelle Revis is crazy on the game. I have played a few games so far, definitely enjoying it.

I TORE BRADY'S MCL IN WEEK 2! YES! YES!

So much for not being able to rush the passer. Blitzed with Rhodes (Who is awesome in this game), came through untouched and DOWN GOES BRADY! Out for the season. Awesome!

The throwback uni's are brilliant as well, I play with them more often than not.

Crazy.

I havn't had anyone on my team, or on the other teams, get hurt seriously yet.

4-0 thus far. :Typotux:

Archived