Is Clowney our #2 or 3?

TNJet

Wonder if he has cemented a 2nd or 3rd spot on our team after last night? I personally think he has more upside at wr than B.Smith does. Smith is a great option runner though. I like the thoughts of a Cotchery,Stuckey and Clowney the slot man at wr. If only he keeps his Ochocinco esque attitude at a medium. Geez these dudes an idiot. Great dance last nite. :rolleyes:

Don't think he could possibly cement it after one preseason game. If he makes some more good plays and more importantly holds onto the ball for the next 2 games then I would say he most likely will get #2 spot with Stuckey in the slot. Still think at some point when some Vets are waived the Jets pick one up.

I like what I saw from him but he needs to prove that he can do it against starting CB's. He also needs to be able to contribute some as a underneath threat otherwise teams will simply back off of him. His speed makes him a threat though and teams must respect that.

I like what I saw from him but he needs to prove that he can do it against starting CB's. He also needs to be able to contribute some as a underneath threat otherwise teams will simply back off of him. His speed makes him a threat though and teams must respect that.

Whered you get that picture in your sig? Is there a larger version out there?

Don't think he could possibly cement it after one preseason game. If he makes some more good plays and more importantly holds onto the ball for the next 2 games then I would say he most likely will get #2 spot with Stuckey in the slot. Still think at some point when some Vets are waived the Jets pick one up.

This isnt Clowney cementing it after one preseason game. He has instantly picked things up from last preseason. he is an obvious deep threat and he's proved that. Stuckey has proved that He's great in the slot, Cotchery is a proven possession and Smith is the trickster.

Clowney should be #2 because he has shown for the second consecutive preseason that he can do the job. I dont care how many balls he drops in practice, this kid scores touchdowns. He will also keep the Defense honest given that he is a threat. This will help Keller, Stuckey and Cotch. Im really feeling like we dont need a WR right now.

This isnt Clowney cementing it after one preseason game. He has instantly picked things up from last preseason. he is an obvious deep threat and he's proved that. Stuckey has proved that He's great in the slot, Cotchery is a proven possession and Smith is the trickster.

Clowney should be #2 because he has shown for the second consecutive preseason that he can do the job. I dont care how many balls he drops in practice, this kid scores touchdowns. He will also keep the Defense honest given that he is a threat. This will help Keller, Stuckey and Cotch. Im really feeling like we dont need a WR right now.

You only don't care if he drops balls in practice because you aren't there to see him. Like others have said (lawngnome? Slats?) I think they probably continue Stuckey at #2 and move him to the slot when they bring Clowney or Smith. Remember, it's only the preseason and the Rams are fairly terrible.

you guys are kidding me. I loved the dance. It was fresh!

EdtcIgVQRyw&feature=PlayList&p=FED584935EB74925&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6

Where does this crap come from? Villain, I know you are just repeating what we all hear ( The Post repeated the myth today), but I went to several practices last year and mini-camp earlier this year and he caught everything thrown at him. I remember one drop in pre-season last year ( the same pre-season that his two long TDs supposedly didn't count). Supposedly that was his problem at Green Bay. I would not know about that. But can we please judge this guy on what we see and not what some people want to believe for whatever reasons?

The kid is fast and has very good hands. He has trouble getting away from press coverage and does not run great routes. Those things can be learned and he is still young and raw. Jet fans should give this guy a break. Or they are going to look very foolish.

Where does this crap come from? Villain, I know you are just repeating what we all hear ( The Post repeated the myth today), but I went to several practices last year and mini-camp earlier this year and he caught everything thrown at him. I remember one drop in pre-season last year ( the same pre-season that his two long TDs supposedly didn't count). Supposedly that was his problem at Green Bay. I would not know about that. But can we please judge this guy on what we see and not what some people want to believe for whatever reasons?

The kid is fast and has very good hands. He has trouble getting away from press coverage and does not run great routes. Those things can be learned and he is still young and raw. Jet fans should give this guy a break. Or they are going to look very foolish.

It comes from Cimini. He seems to have good hands to me also, but in addition to complaining about his route running, Cimini said he dropped too many balls in the OTAs. Rex seemed to back it up with some quote about how Clowney was working hard on the Juggs machine to correct his problems.

It comes from Cimini. He seems to have good hands to me also, but in addition to complaining about his route running, Cimini said he dropped too many balls in the OTAs. Rex seemed to back it up with some quote about how Clowney was working hard on the Juggs machine to correct his problems.

Well if that was true, he was three for three in an actual game last night vs OTAs. Let's hope he keeps it up. He is our only hope for a true deep threat.

Well if that was true, he was three for three in an actual game last night vs OTAs. Let's hope he keeps it up. He is our only hope for a true deep threat.

I have no idea if it's true, but over here, I only know what I read. Stayed up until 4:30 to watch the damn game on the computer last night and then AFN re-ran it in the morning. Thanks for putting it in the guide AFN!!

I agree on Clowney. I've always liked him. He's our best hope for a true deep threat, but not the only one. Allison is just as fast as Clowney. Wright is a track star, but never seems to get open deep.

You only don't care if he drops balls in practice because you aren't there to see him. Like others have said (lawngnome? Slats?) I think they probably continue Stuckey at #2 and move him to the slot when they bring Clowney or Smith. Remember, it's only the preseason and the Rams are fairly terrible.

EdtcIgVQRyw&feature=PlayList&p=FED584935EB74925&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6

e7CTDh4HBTk

I have no idea if it's true, but over here, I only know what I read. Stayed up until 4:30 to watch the damn game on the computer last night and then AFN re-ran it in the morning. Thanks for putting it in the guide AFN!!

I agree on Clowney. I've always liked him. He's our best hope for a true deep threat, but not the only one. Allison is just as fast as Clowney. Wright is a track star, but never seems to get open deep.

Where did Allison come from? I am not familiar with him. Was he a track guy?

Where did Allison come from? I am not familiar with him. Was he a track guy?

They picked Aundrae Allison off waivers from the Vikes a week or two ago and dumped Urritia. Greenseed3 had a thread advocating making the move as soon as he was waived. He was a 5th round pick of the Vikes a couple or years ago. He has around 20 NFL catches and 250 yards career IIRC. He is a solid kick returner with some kind of record return of around 105 yards. He ran a 4.38 at the combine and supposedly has excellent hands but can be a little lazy and take plays off. The Vikes dumped him because they have drafted and signed some guys and needed the room. I wrote this from memory from posts a week or two ago, so my numbers may be slightly off.

Not playing against the Rams does not bode well, but I don't think he's even been with the team two weeks yet. He also didn't get cut. ;)

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78607

They picked Aundrae Allison off waivers from the Vikes a week or two ago and dumped Urritia. Greenseed3 had a thread advocating making the move as soon as he was waived. He was a 5th round pick of the Vikes a couple or years ago. He has around 20 NFL catches and 250 yards career IIRC. He is a solid kick returner with some kind of record return of around 105 yards. He ran a 4.38 at the combine and supposedly has excellent hands but can be a little lazy and take plays off. The Vikes dumped him because they have drafted and signed some guys and needed the room. I wrote this from memory from posts a week or two ago, so my numbers may be slightly off.

Not playing against the Rams does not bode well, but I don't think he's even been with the team two weeks yet. He also didn't get cut. ;)

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78607

Thanks. I hope he plays some next week so we can check him out.

Archived