best QB in AFC East history?

Blackout

who was best?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. who was best?

I guess you could say that. But Bradway has never thrown for 50TDs and only 8INTs in a season. That to me is insanity. The 3SBs in addition to all of the stats Brady has, should be enough to give him the nod.

1-BRADWAY?

2-PEyton Manning still holds the title of "Best single season passer rating" record and not Cindy B

Aha I meant Bradshaw. Im Still pissed about the PSLs I guess, lol..

I think that three championships puts him ahead of the rest already, but you dont so lets go to stats.

I think if you compare each of their careers up to this point, Namath doesnt come close. He threw almost 50 more picks then TDs in his career. He is out.

Kelly was damn good, but not really in Marinos class.

Then I see it come to Marino/Brady. While you cannot put 3SBs in a stat line, I think you have to take it into consideration. Also, Tom Brady has only started for 7 seasons. You dont count his rookie year, and you cant count last year. He has thrown an avergae of 28 TDs/year in every season he has played all/most of the snaps. In addiiton to 26 thousand + of yards. It is close, dont get me wrong.

But come on, people are definitely going to look back at this and think of the Bill Belechick/Tom Brady era because of all the SBs. While a lucky SB (Dilfer) obviously doesnt put him over Marino, Brady has played well enough so that with the SBs it puts him past. Wait on it until a couple years after Brady retires and see exactly where it goes.

Aha I meant Bradshaw. Im Still pissed about the PSLs I guess, lol..

I think that three championships puts him ahead of the rest already, but you dont so lets go to stats.

I think if you compare each of their careers up to this point, Namath doesnt come close. He threw almost 50 more picks then TDs in his career. He is out.

Kelly was damn good, but not really in Marinos class.

Then I see it come to Marino/Brady. While you cannot put 3SBs in a stat line, I think you have to take it into consideration. Also, Tom Brady has only started for 7 seasons. You dont count his rookie year, and you cant count last year. He has thrown an avergae of 28 TDs/year in every season he has played all/most of the snaps. In addiiton to 26 thousand + of yards. It is close, dont get me wrong.

But come on, people are definitely going to look back at this and think of the Bill Belechick/Tom Brady era because of all the SBs. While a lucky SB (Dilfer) obviously doesnt put him over Marino, Brady has played well enough so that with the SBs it puts him past. Wait on it until a couple years after Brady retires and see exactly where it goes.

You can't compare stats from the 60's and 70's to stats of the 00's. Heck with all of the rul changes that favor offense recently you can't even compare stats from the 90's to today.

Not saying he was the best but I am old enough to have seen Bert Jones play with the Colts a few times at Shea and he was freakin unreal. He had a gun for an arm. Injuries shortened what probably would have been a HOF career.

I am a die hard Jets fan so please dont shoot me. Speaking objectively, if we take away Joe Namaths super season and his guaranty, he wouldn't belong in the same sentence with these other guys. He had megatalent but the organization put sh!t players and coaches around him in the early 70's and ruined his career.

I voted Marino.

He made that offense and he had all those QB records.

Tom Brady is a steroid cheat and the Pats have only been able to win a SB with him when they cheated and taped the opponents practices. When they finally couldn't tape their opponent before the SB they had the biggest choke job in the history of the SB.

I voted Marino.

Tom Brady is a steroid cheat and the Pats have only been able to win a SB with him when they cheated and taped the opponents practices. When they finally couldn't tape their opponent before the SB they had the biggest choke job in the history of the SB.

And Brady had a season where he broke many of Marino's records.

Anyone who blames the choke job on Brady is insane. If the guys has proven anything in his career it's that he's a clutch QB.

I'd have to give the edge to Marino. Put Marino on this decade's Patriot teams and they'd have just as many, if not more rings. Imagining Brady on those Miami teams, without being under the guise of Belichick for his first several years...I just can't really picture the Fins doing any better than they did in that scenario.

I'd have to give the edge to Marino. Put Marino on this decade's Patriot teams and they'd have just as many, if not more rings. Imagining Brady on those Miami teams, without being under the guise of Belichick for his first several years...I just can't really picture the Fins doing any better than they did in that scenario.

That is such an uninformed comment. It's not only completely baseless but that same line of illogical reasoning can be applied to anybody. "Put Ryan Leaf (or Pee Wee Herman) on this decades Patriot teams and they'd have just as many, if not more rings. Imagine Brady on Pee Wee's Playhouse, without being under the guise of Belichick for his first several years"....Yawn....

Likewise, Ryan Leaf was actually the most talented QB to ever play the game. None of his performance issues were his fault. If he had played for a competent organization with a solid coaching staff and offensive talent he would have averaged 70 TD's a season. No other QB has ever come close to 70 TD's so obviously Leaf was by far the best of them all.

);p

no peyton manning? he was in the east for a while.

Not when he was in his prime. So, of course, he wouldn't be on that list.

Heck, by using similar logic in including Peyton, the answer should be that Brett Favre was the best QB in AFC East history.

I voted Marino. Yeah sure i have some Pittsburgh bias too.

Alot of ppl put Brady up there due to the SB's. But Brady has hd his share of big game blunders as well. The should be game ending INT in SD, costly INT's at Denver in '05, supposed best offense ever seen in '07 yet they can't score more that 14, the tuck game, yadda yadda.

Give me Marino in his prime any day over all the rest.

Not when he was in his prime. So, of course, he wouldn't be on that list.

Heck, by using similar logic in including Peyton, the answer should be that Brett Favre was the best QB in AFC East history.

Wow, i'm so glad you set me straight. It would be horrible if a list as important as this was handled improperly.

Yep. Passing was much more difficult in 1984 than in 2007.

And as to Irish's point about Brady "breaking" Marino's records, I'm not sure which he's referring to. Regardless, Marino wasn't special simply because of single season performances, he was putting up huge numbers every year and had many career records.

My family and I lived in Cleveland for a short while when I was a teenager, and we were actually at the game where he tore his achilles. Best game ever.

I voted Marino.

Brady is a steroid guy and they taped practices now? :rolleyes:

Archived