How Does Our Offense Compare To The Giants Offense?

New York Mick

If Sanchez can play on a level close to Eli can our O be similar to the Giants.

Eli - Sanchez

Similar RBs

Similar WRs

Similar Oline

Boss is a better blocker Keller a better receiver

Similar FB

Maybe I'm just really high right now and not thinking straight but at least a made a football thread :D

Eli > Sanchez at this point... Sanchez can be better

Giants RBs > Jets. Jacobs is the best back of the lot

Giants WRs = Jets WRs. Cotchery is better than Hixon,but the rest goes to the Giants

Giants TE = Jets TE.

Jets OL a little better I think

Eli > Sanchez at this point... Sanchez can be better

Giants RBs > Jets. Jacobs is the best back of the lot

Giants WRs = Jets WRs. Cotchery is better than Hixon,but the rest goes to the Giants

Giants TE = Jets TE.

Jets OL a little better I think

Yea but I think Washington is better then their back up so I made it equal.

Besides having a clutch, if flawed, QB under center, the Giants also have the best run-blocking OL in the league that they can take into any stadium against any team and, more often than not, overpower any defensive front in the league. The Jets OL probably pass-blocks better, but they are not in the same class when it comes to playing the physical game.

You think Boss is better then Keller?

At blocking? Yes.

At receiving? Hell no. Keller is already a Top 5 receiving TE, in my mind, but Boss is a Top 5 blocking TE, in my mind.

But since we are using Jones/Washington and Jacobs/Bradshaw for RB, for Tight End I would assume we would be using Keller/Brown or Hunter and Boss/Matthews.

I'll take Boss/Matthews with a SLIGHT edge until Brown or Hunter can prove they can play the Tight End position in the Regular Season.

At blocking? Yes.

At receiving? Hell no. Keller is already a Top 5 receiving TE, in my mind, but Boss is a Top 5 blocking TE, in my mind.

But since we are using Jones/Washington and Jacobs/Bradshaw for RB, for Tight End I would assume we would be using Keller/Brown or Hunter and Boss/Matthews.

I'll take Boss/Matthews with a SLIGHT edge until Brown or Hunter can prove they can play the Tight End position in the Regular Season.

OK, I was only going by one TE but if I was judging the back up as well I'd give it to the Giants as well.

QB is a a big question mark as to how the teams compare. For all of Eli Mannings faults he has a knack for playing well at the end of football games and finding ways to win games. I also think he throws a great long ball. Until its proven otherwise its an advantage for the Giants.

The Giants have a much more physical line and physical running back. Thats probably the biggest difference between the two teams. The Giants usually smack teams around and command the entire game. Im not sure the Jets have it in them to put together a game like the Giants did against the Ravens last year where they just slapped them around like they were nothing.

Cotchery is probably better than any single WR the Giants have, but the Giants are much deeper at the position and, at least on paper, have a fuller range and complement of players. We are still searching for the roles for everyone.

I do think its a bit hypocritical that people will write off the Jets potential offensive philosophy and at the same time praise the Giants philosophy. The Giants do have better talent, but the Giants, Titans, Ravens, Panthers, and Chargers all believe in a strong runnnig game as the backbone of the game to set up the passing game and for the most part nobody speaks badly of the offenses when finding potential negatives for the season.

Overall, very similar offenses. In fact they are so similar that it makes you wonder why no one has talked about the Giants potential struggle here... without Toomer and Burress, and with most of the talent focused in rookies, Giants WR core is not impressive this year.

QB: Giants (Right now, Sanchez has potential to be better than Eli)

HB: Giants (Because of the front end, but Jets have better depth IMO)

OL: Tie

WR: Jets (serious edge to the Giants in potential though)

TE: Tie, Keller is a serious weapon unlike any of the Giants TEs, however the Giants have a good balanced TE and probably more depth

FB: Jets. If healthy, Richardson may be one of the best FBs in history.

Yea but I think Washington is better then their back up so I made it equal.

as the resident Giant-Jets homer I will state this:

Eli > Sanchez (no contest)

Keller > Boss

Cotchery > Steve Smith > Moss jr > Hixon > Manningham > Hicks > any other Jets WR

Jacobs > Jones

Bradshaw > Leon

Leon is the man, he's the only celebrity that I've actually befriended on facebook...but he's not as good as Ahmad.

How can you call a QB that's never taken a meaningful NFL snap even with a QB that has WON A ****ING SUPER BOWL?

Even if the latter IS Eli Manning.

You can't but to be fair Eli has a 50% completion percentage and I think he threw more picks that TDs, even still you can't.

His comp was lsat year 60 had 21 tds and 10 ints

career

56 comp 98 tds 74 ints

OK, I was not sure about the TD/INT thing, (better than I thought) and I should have said in the 50's on the completion %.

I would never call Sanchez even with him right now, but Eli is certainly attainable and passable.

OK, I was not sure about the TD/INT thing, (better thatn I thought) and I should have said in the 50's on the completion %.

I would never call Sanchez even with him right now, but Eli is certainly attainable and passable.

Everyone missed a part of the question.

They answered the "are our Os straight up" but I what a really was trying to ask (I could have worded it better) was

"If Sanchez plays on a level close to Eli's, How does our O compare with the Giants"

They answered the "are our Os straight up" but I what a really was trying to ask (I could have worded it better) was

"If Sanchez plays on a level close to Eli's, How does our O compare with the Giants"

I'd have to say we'd do pretty well.

I'd say we would have a better passing game, and our running games would be close, they might be a tad better.

I also think we'd get more O out of our special teams, so if Sanchez could be in the range of Eli's career averages and his last year numbers, I have to think we'd get nice results.

That being said, IMO our D still has a long way to go. I expect our secondary and pass rush to be better, if they stay healthy they should be able to stuff the run.

I mean they may be there already, but we have not seen it yet.

The way I see it:

Eli has a huge advantage over Sanchez

The Running backs are pretty even. I think Washington and Greene will get a lot of touches.

The Giants have a very small advantage at WR.

The Jets have the advantage at TE.

The Jets offensive line is better.

The way I see it:

The Jets offensive line is better.

Until the Jets OL goes into Philly and Dallas and Baltimore and absolutely blows up some of the most physical defensive fronts in the game there is just no way you can say this. There were way too many games last year where the run game was an absolute no-show. V. Pats and v. Seattle are two games that come immediately to mind.

Until the Jets OL goes into Philly and Dallas and Baltimore and absolutely blows up some of the most physical defensive fronts in the game there is just no way you can say this. There were way too many games last year where the run game was an absolute no-show. V. Pats and v. Seattle are two games that come immediately to mind.

The Giants offensive line was one of the strengths of their team IMO- the Jets do not compare with it right now.

How can you call a QB that's never taken a meaningful NFL snap even with a QB that has WON A ****ING SUPER BOWL?

Even if the latter IS Eli Manning.

Eli Manning is garbage without the #1 Pass Rush in the NFL, #1 OLine in the NFL, #1 Running Back Trio in the NFL and Plaxico Burress. You saw what Eli really is, he reverted back to his true form, when Plaxcio went down last season. He's garbage, he'll return to being garbage.

The difference still is in that line play.The Giants offensive line is dominating while ours is pretty good. By the 4th quarter those guys wear defenses down which is why their backups can run for 1000 yards in a season. Our guys simply dont have that physicality. I would think the Giants offense would produce anywhere from 5-7 points more per game if Sanchez equaled Manning this season.

Ahmad Bradshaw is not better than Leon Washington.

He's not and Boss is not as good as Keller either.

You mean like putting up 200 yards in Tennessee? I think your memory is a little sketchy. The Jets ran okay against NE and Seattle. It's the Chargers they didn't show up for. They got no yards against the Niners, but that was a result of not running. They had a couple of TDs and decent YPC. The Giants laid a few eggs also, including IIRC 80 yards back to back aginst the Eagles and Cowboys.

You have to give the Giants the edge because they have been there, done that and they know what they have and what they are going to get. They are built for power with their line and Jacobs. The Jets have more unknowns and seem like they are part power and part finesse. We'll see how Eli does without being able to heave it up to Plaxico.

Archived