Brett Favre Is A Viking: MERGED

jaspegs

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wasn't comparing careers. I simply said at this point in their careers, I'd prefer Rodgers. You drank the Kool-Aid, and Rodgers had the better season (statistically). I didn't take a Nostredamus to predict that would happen, simply someone without a Homer Bias.
Kind of like how this place told you what to expect from Chad in the post season. :rl:

Kind of like how this place told you what to expect from Chad in the post season. :rl:

You mean after this place told me he had no chance in hell of making the playoffs? Or even winning 4 games? Ok.

Every week (before you were banned) I heard the same thing. Not this week, they got lucky last week, no way they get it done this week, all the way to a division title.

Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

You mean after this place told me he had no chance in hell of making the playoffs? Or even winning 4 games? Ok.

Every week (before you were banned) I heard the same thing. Not this week, they got lucky last week, no way they get it done this week, all the way to a division title.

That's nice, so when was the last time the fins actually won a playoff game?

Chad 0 for 1. :baby:

Care to wager on the DolPHAGS record this year ?

Care to wager on the DolPHAGS record this year ?

I hate to predict records, mainly because so much can happen with injuries and whatnot. However, if I had to I'd say somewhere in the 8-10 range. I wouldn't be surprised to see us win 10 or 11, but 9 wins sounds like a safe bet.

I'll wager whatever you want though. You wanna bet the Dolphins have more wins than Jersey B?

I feel bad for Sage Rosenfels.

I have no idea why he's never gotten a starting gig. All the son of a bitch has done has produced massively each time he's been called on to start.

The NFL hates Jews.

We gave him a chance in Miami to start, he sucked ass against a pitiful Cleveland team (we were shutout) and was relegated to the bench. Save for one miraculous day against Buffalo (thanks to Chris Chambers) he was so-so for us.

We gave him a chance in Miami to start, he sucked ass against a pitiful Cleveland team (we were shutout) and was relegated to the bench. Save for one miraculous day against Buffalo (thanks to Chris Chambers) he was so-so for us.

Didn't Rosenfels lead a giant comeback in that Buffalo game?

He's the modern day Frank Reich.

Last year when we acquired Brett Favre I was ecstatic. So I can definitely relate to the euphoria Viking land is feeling right now. Brett Favre is one of the greatest QBs the NFL has ever had. And let's all be honest here, the first 10 games of the season were fun. The JETS were kicking ass left, right and center.

At one point experts had GangGreen as the best team in the AFC. And then the FAIL started.

Brett Favre is a year older, a lot grayer, and Im pretty sure he's a lot slower. Brett was practically a statue last season. He had issues eluding sacks and a 5 year old could outrun him. Does this move make the Vikings a better team? Im not so sure. But then again last year he suffered in part because he had an injured shoulder; a shoulder that he has since had repaired. But was that all that contributed to our fall from the top last season? No. Brett Favre is old, old old, and playing for revenge, not the so called "love of the game". This is going to be a circus, and a ****ing disaster for the Vikings. I liked what I saw from Rosenfels in Preseason, the guy is getting a tough break. Wait until he (Favre) starts throwing those interceptions and losing them games. It'll be last year all over again.

Last year when we acquired Brett Favre I was ecstatic. So I can definitely relate to the euphoria Viking land is feeling right now. Brett Favre is one of the greatest QBs the NFL has ever had. And let's all be honest here, the first 10 games of the season were fun. The JETS were kicking ass left, right and center.

At one point experts had GangGreen as the best team in the AFC. And then the FAIL started.

Brett Favre is a year older, a lot grayer, and Im pretty sure he's a lot slower. Brett was practically a statue last season. He had issues eluding sacks and a 5 year old could outrun him. Does this move make the Vikings a better team? Im not so sure. But then again last year he suffered in part because he had an injured shoulder; a shoulder that he has since had repaired. But was that all that contributed to our fall from the top last season? No. Brett Favre is old, old old, and playing for revenge, not the so called "love of the game". This is going to be a circus, and a ****ing disaster for the Vikings. I liked what I saw from Rosenfels in Preseason, the guy is getting a tough break. Wait until he (Favre) starts throwing those interceptions and losing them games. It'll be last year all over again.

If i'm in the Vikings shoes (and i was for plenty of yrs), with strong D and run game but mediocre QB, i'd damn sure welcome a player with his talents. No matter the age. At least they'll have a shot. As you noted the Jets had a shot last yr too until the unfortunate injury. Mangini's job was to field the best team each week and recognize Favre was playing hurt. Prolly why he's in clownstown today.

Wow, there is alot of hate going on in this thread. This time last year, he was a hero around here.

No hate here, although I think he should hang it up already.

I was 100% in favor of the trade last year and, in hindsight, I'm still 100% in favor of it.

Favre was an upgrade over Chad, but he got hurt. He helped rid the Jets of the ultimate stuck in neutral QB in Pennington and paved the way for the team to get their (potentially) franchise QB for the next decade.

The Jets today are better off because of the Favre trade.

I was 100% in favor of the trade last year and, in hindsight, I'm still 100% in favor of it.

Favre was an upgrade over Chad, but he got hurt. He helped rid the Jets of the ultimate stuck in neutral QB in Pennington and paved the way for the team to get their (potentially) franchise QB for the next decade.

This is very true. The sad part is it took freaking Brett Favre to get Penny out of here.

Yeah, the Jets got Favre to get Mark Sanchez. That was the plan along.

Genius!

That was not the plan all along, of course, but it worked out that way.

If Chad Pennington is the Jets starting QB in 2008 then Mark Sanchez is not a NY Jet. Plus, Eric Mangini is probably still the HC.

That was not the plan all along, of course, but it worked out that way.

If Chad Pennington is the Jets starting QB in 2008 then Mark Sanchez is not a NY Jet. Plus, Eric Mangini is probably still the HC.

No-one knows what would've happened, for better or for worse. I love Sanchez but stop talking like he has won us a ****ing SB already.

No-one knows what would've happened, for better or for worse. I love Sanchez but stop talking like he has won us a ****ing SB already.

I'm not talking like Sanchez won us a ****ing SB. Get a grip.

Young, Potential Franchise QB >>> 39 yr old Brett Favre/Chad Pennington. That's the point.

Neither Favre nor Chad can give the Jets 10 years of being a franchise QB, but Sanchez has the potential. I would say that for any other young highly touted QB in Sanchez' position.

If you can't understand the point then that's you're problem. Or you've been drinking since it's late where you are back home. :D

I'm not talking like Sanchez won us a ****ing SB. Get a grip.

Young, Potential Franchise QB >>> 39 yr old Brett Favre/Chad Pennington. That's the point.

Neither Favre nor Chad can give the Jets 10 years of being a franchise QB, but Sanchez has the potential. I would say that for any other young highly touted QB in Sanchez' position.

If you can't understand the point then that's you're problem. Or you've been drinking since it's late where you are back home. :D

What I'm saying is you don't know what would have happened had Pennington/Clemens been the QB last season. No Idea.

If it really took Brett Favre to expose the QB problems this team had then I see no reason to have faith in anything this organisation does.

WTF are you talking about?

Sanchez helped us win the off-season Super Bowl for the 2nd consecutive year.

I feel bad for Sage Rosenfels.

I have no idea why he's never gotten a starting gig. All the son of a bitch has done has produced massively each time he's been called on to start.

The NFL hates Jews.

Didn't Rosenfels lead a giant comeback in that Buffalo game?

He's the modern day Frank Reich.

Sage Rosenfels is a JAG...nothing more....the problem is he tries to do too much...watch the Colts vs Texans game last year...Texans up by 11 with four minutes to go and Sage coughs it up three times...

agreed, I was against favre coming here last year, because everyone knew it was a 1 yr deal. Plus I hate giving up draft picks. I thought the Jets were better in seeing what Clemens could do. but in hindsight, I am very happy to have Rex and Sanchez and things would not be the way they are today without last year happening.

However, Rex and Sanchez could blow and we could still be where we are

Ha, 40 yr old QB.

And your point is? He's coming to win this season. He's coming to get revenge on the Packers this season. No matter how much his age is, Favre is still better than any QB the Vikings have. It's not even close.

Sage Rosenfels is a JAG...nothing more....the problem is he tries to do too much...watch the Colts vs Texans game last year...Texans up by 11 with four minutes to go and Sage coughs it up three times...

I did watch that game.

Rosenfels is going to turn the ball over. He's also going to put a ton of points on the scoreboard, and has the ability to do it in a hurry, as evidenced by two of the biggest comebacks this decade: Dolphins/Bills and Texans/Titans.

His style of QBing is not all that different from Brett Favre. This is a lateral move for the Vikings.

I did watch that game.

Rosenfels is going to turn the ball over. He's also going to put a ton of points on the scoreboard, and has the ability to do it in a hurry, as evidenced by two of the biggest comebacks this decade: Dolphins/Bills and Texans/Titans.

His style of QBing is not all that different from Brett Favre. This is a lateral move for the Vikings.

:rl::rl::rl::rl:

Brett Farve can go F himself

I mean lets face it. He had no interest being here. He was here was only going to play here because the Jets were stupid enough to trade for him.

And I never want to hear about him being hurt towards the end of the year either. He was still throwing rockets. Only problem was most of them ended up going the other way.

He is turning into the Roger Clemens of the NFL, wanting special perks like Clemens with his not going on road trips when he was with the Astros.

Favre was a complete and unmitigated disaster here. He showed ZERO leaderhip skill at a time when this team was in dire need of someone to step up.

I honestly hope this guy goes out and has a David Carr type year.

Archived