Brett Favre Is A Viking: MERGED

jaspegs

They released him??? ](*,)](*,)](*,)

That I didn't know.

So the scumbag really did use the Jets as a stepping stone so he could play with a team who's in the same division as the Packers.

I can't wait to see the Packers whip his ass 2 times this season!!

Jets didn't want anything to do with him, so it doesn't really matter in my eyes.

At no point do I think Favre threw our season last year hoping he'd get released. He's a professional athlete and a competitor. Anyone thats ever taken a sport semi-serious has put everything they had into every game. Hell, I do it in pick up basketball, and I hate basketball.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and not too mention, he gave us a reason to get rid of Pennington. If that didn't happen, Mark would be somewhere else, and we'd all be praying that Clemens got the nod over Pennington right now. My have the times change.

I'm way more happy with Sanchez' potential then Pennington's knack to drag us along to ultimate doom.

Jets didn't want anything to do with him, so it doesn't really matter in my eyes.

At no point do I think Favre threw our season last year hoping he'd get released. He's a professional athlete and a competitor. Anyone thats ever taken a sport semi-serious has put everything they had into every game. Hell, I do it in pick up basketball, and I hate basketball.

Yeah, but Favre made little effort to train with the team and learn the play book, effectively making it harder to win it all.

Yeah, but Favre made little effort to train with the team and learn the play book, effectively making it harder to win it all.

The organization assumed he wouldn't want to and babied him the whole way by changing the offense to make it easier for him. If someone trying to make my job easier, why the F not.

The organization assumed he wouldn't want to and babied him the whole way by changing the offense to make it easier for him. If someone trying to make my job easier, why the F not.
Cause you want to do all that you can to win!

He was in no rush to get into our camp neither.

Cause you want to do all that you can to win!

He was in no rush to get into our camp neither.

Your favorite football organization went out and wooed the guy. Spoiled the **** out of him with helicoptor rides around the city, knocked down a wall and gave him twice the dorm room every other player got.

You got an interesting season at the very least. It was entertaining until the very end, better then most of our seasons have been. Plus your a Jets fan, what did you expect to happen at the end.

I enjoyed the guys stay in New York, it was fun for a while and you all know it.

Your favorite football organization went out and wooed the guy. Spoiled the **** out of him with helicoptor rides around the city, knocked down a wall and gave him twice the dorm room every other player got.

You got an interesting season at the very least. It was entertaining until the very end, better then most of our seasons have been. Plus your a Jets fan, what did you expect to happen at the end.

I enjoyed the guys stay in New York, it was fun for a while and you all know it.

It was fun for a while and I got what I expected, but I was hoping to not get the same ole same ole.

I still say 2 wrongs don't make a right, sure the organization F'd sh*t up, they always do, but Brett should have wanted more IMO.

It was fun for a while and I got what I expected, but I was hoping to not get the same ole same ole.

I still say 2 wrongs don't make a right, sure the organization F'd sh*t up, they always do, but Brett should have wanted more IMO.

He was hurt.

And if the whole conspiracy that Favre set up the Jets is true, then that makes him one of the best QB's ever, as well as one of the smartest people ever. So more power to him.

He's getting paid 12 million to do what he loves, and he took the first 3 weeks of his job off. Good for him if someones willing to give him the chance.

He was hurt.

And if the whole conspiracy that Favre set up the Jets is true, then that makes him one of the best QB's ever, as well as one of the smartest people ever. So more power to him.

He's getting paid 12 million to do what he loves, and he took the first 3 weeks of his job off. Good for him if someones willing to give him the chance.

He's also full of sh*t and getting away with all you can is a sh*ty non winning attitude.

Maybe he could have more rings, IMO he's barely top 10 all time , if that.

Oh and not too mention, he gave us a reason to get rid of Pennington. If that didn't happen, Mark would be somewhere else, and we'd all be praying that Clemens got the nod over Pennington right now. My have the times change.

I'm way more happy with Sanchez' potential then Pennington's knack to drag us along to ultimate doom.

Or, maybe we'd spend this year with Pennington/Clemens, and next year have a Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy. Or, maybe we would have drafted Sanchez anyways. You just can't make a blanket statement that Favre paved the way to Sanchez.

And even if that were the case, the means don't make the end justifiable. Last year was PAINFUL. To start out 8-3 and have real Super Bowl aspirations, then to lose it all because of our QB's broken body, was almost as bad as our 4-12 season the year before.

You like Favre. We get it. But please, stop spewing nonsense.

I hope all the people that wish pain on misery on Favre, get some themselves. Are you people serious? Its not all his fault the media jams this down our throats. Are you that mad at the guy?

When it comes down to it, he's just a man who wants to do what he loves. All he's known is football, and he's an upgrade for the Vikings. So whats the problem here?

Wow, just wow. Not his fault? Are you related to him or something?

He's not a man who wants to "do what he loves". He's a man looking for revenge on a team that did nothing but good for him.

Favre lost us the Miami game when the season was already over.

The defense & Mangini lost us the Denver, Seattle and San Francisco games.

When you can't stop Peyton Hills... yeah.

When Seattle has 5 backup OLineman, Seneca Wallace and Maurice Morris and you let them own you like a bitch and Mangini makes stupid play call decisions all day and continues to blitz nobody... yeah

When 90 yr old Issac Bruce scorches you all day with Shaun f'ing Hill... yeah

Mangini's coaching decisions killed us in SEA & SF, along with the D. Denver was the D, Miami was Favre.

Wow, just wow. Not his fault? Are you related to him or something?

He's not a man who wants to "do what he loves". He's a man looking for revenge on a team that did nothing but good for him.

i don't think so.

favre always wanted to keep playing he just didn't want to go through training camp. that's really what the whole 'retirement' charade is every year. he never wanted to stop playing he just thinks he should be able to show up 2-3 weeks before the season starts.

the vikings should have made a deal with him to show up at the beginning of camp but allowed him to participate in 1 practice/day + meetings.

Or, maybe we'd spend this year with Pennington/Clemens, and next year have a Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy. Or, maybe we would have drafted Sanchez anyways. You just can't make a blanket statement that Favre paved the way to Sanchez.

And even if that were the case, the means don't make the end justifiable. Last year was PAINFUL. To start out 8-3 and have real Super Bowl aspirations, then to lose it all because of our QB's broken body, was almost as bad as our 4-12 season the year before.

Last year, to me, was the WORST. WORST than the 4-12 year It was beyond painful. It was like being way ahead on points and having your opponent nail you in the balls without the ref seeing it. For me , last year is making it very hard to get "up" for this year.

This says it all.

Turns out that Brett Favre has something in common with his fans. My opinions are wasted on all of them. So let's hear from the man himself, the World According to Favre:

March 2, 2001, after signing a contract that made him the NFL's first $100 million player: "I do want to be a Packer for life ... I couldn't envision myself playing with another team ... If that was to ever come up, I would probably just retire."

November 7, 2003: "I don't know if it's going to be this year, next year. I mean, I still think there's a lot left out there for us and a lot left out there for me."

March 31, 2006, Biloxi Sun-Herald: "If I do play this year, it will be my last. There's no doubt about that."

May 6, 2006: "I know I said that. But I hope you guys will respect me. I'm going to play this year, give it my best and not talk about it."

September 6, 2006, in response to a question by Bob Costas, he says he's "99.9 percent" sure he'll retire as a Green Bay Packer.

December 31, 2006, interviewed by NBC's Andrea Kremer after Green Bay's 26-7 win over the Bears at Soldier Field: "If today is my last game, I want to remember it. It's tough ... tough. I'll miss these guys, and I'll miss the game ..."

February 3, 2007, quoted by Packers GM Ted Thompson in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: "I think I'll go one more time."

May 14, 2007: "... I don't want to be traded. I want to finish my career as a Packer."

January 10, 2008, in the Biloxi Sun-Herald, three days before a playoff game against Seattle: "For the first time in three years, I haven't thought this could be my last game. I would like to continue longer."

January 21, 2008: "I'm not going to rush to make a big decision, but it will probably be quicker than it's been in the past."

March 6, 2008: "It's been a great career for me, but it's over ... I don't think I've got anything left to give."

April 3, 2008, asked about Favre coming back, his agent, Bus Cook, tells the Los Angeles Times' Sam Farmer: "That's news to me. I don't think that has anything to do with anything. He's retired, period, point blank."

April 10, 2008, Biloxi Sun-Herald: "I very well could be enticed."

April 25, 2008, before a luncheon honoring his image on the cover of Madden '09: "First of all, I'm not going to keep myself in shape ... There were always second thoughts ... It wasn't ever a clear-cut decision."

July 14, 2008, interviewed by Fox's Greta Van Susteren, Favre says he was "never fully committed" to retiring: "If I play, it's going to be 100 percent commitment."

August 8, 2008: "I'm here for one reason ... I'm here to help the Jets win."

February 12, 2009: "It's been a wonderful career, I couldn't ask for anything more. It was worth a shot for me to go to New York. I wish I could've played better down the stretch. I didn't.

"It's time to leave."

June 15, 2009, asked by Joe Buck about the Vikings (after his wife had made a deposit on a condo in Minnesota): "It makes a lot of sense because the pieces are in place."

July 29, 2009: "I didn't feel like physically I could play at a level that was acceptable. I would like to thank everyone, including the Packers, Jets and Vikings, but, most importantly, the fans."

August 18, 2009, asked about wearing a Vikings helmet: "It was different. I'm not going to lie to you."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9956006/The-world-according-to-Favre

When it comes down to it, he's just a man who wants to do what he loves. All he's known is football, and he's an upgrade for the Vikings. So whats the problem here?

Sums it up beautifully. As long as Brett can scrape himself into shape and somebody wants him on the team, Favre wants to be on that field.

:Typotux:

Antrel Rolle says he's "going at" Favre

Posted by Mike Florio on August 19, 2009 9:58 PM ET

Safety Antrel Rolle and his Arizona Cardinals teammates have two reasons to be geeked up for the December 6 visit from the Minnesota Vikings to the football stadium named for a college that still doesn't have a football team.

First, the Vikings shellacked the Cardinals on their home turf last December, 35-14. Second, the Cardinals were pasted by Vikings quarterback Brett Favre and his most recent former team, the Jets, in late September.

"I think Brett Favre is a good quarterback, but this year when they come play us he's going to have his hands full because we definitely have to get him back for what he did to us last year," Rolle told Xtra Sports 910 in Phoenix. "I'm going at him."

Though we've seen former Bears and Saints coach Mike Ditka explain in an NFL Films production that he was motivated by revenge when facing the 49ers the season after San Fran skunked Chicago in the NFC title game, we generally think that teams should worry less about "getting him back for what he did to us last year" and focus more on fixing whatever it was that allowed him to do what he did.

In our view, revenge becomes relevant only when someone engages in malicious conduct that unnecessarily causes insult or injury. When a team got its ass kicked fair and square by guys who were simply doing their jobs, revenge is a dish best not served.

I said this in another thread, but I will post in here too...

Does anyone imagine Favre's wife not letting him retire? Because I have the vivid picture of that scene from Any Given Sunday when Dennis Quaid is trying to retire and telling his wife his plans...and she smacks him in face and said that she didnt marry a *****...or something like that...I just could totally picture that in Favre's house.

I said this in another thread, but I will post in here too...

Does anyone imagine Favre's wife not letting him retire? Because I have the vivid picture of that scene from Any Given Sunday when Dennis Quaid is trying to retire and telling his wife his plans...and she smacks him in face and said that she didnt marry a *****...or something like that...I just could totally picture that in Favre's house.

u mean like every married household in US ;)

Archived