P90x

Jets Babe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems a bit gimmicky to me. If you are serious about getting in great shape I would torrent starting strenght. Although, that might be more for a dude. What are you going to do after the 90 days? Start over?

I torrented P90x too....

There's a maintenance routine at the end of 90 days, or if you want to get more ripped, you can start over and do P90x again...

There are 3 levels, P90x lean, P90x classic, and P90x doubles. Lean is if you're over 30% body fat, classic is if you're under 30%, and doubles is if you're an athlete. I'm going to do the classic program...

I've been using it on and off for a few weeks. There definitely is a good variation of workouts and it stays interesting.

You need to still run on the side and I would suggest buying the iron gym (pull up bar on door molding equipment) to really get the benefit of some of excercises.

It seems from what others say and my experience that it works and will work for anyone as long as you don't give up.

I've been using it on and off for a few weeks. There definitely is a good variation of workouts and it stays interesting.

You need to still run on the side and I would suggest buying the iron gym (pull up bar on door molding equipment) to really get the benefit of some of excercises.

It seems from what others say and my experience that it works and will work for anyone as long as you don't give up.

I have the Iron Gym...works great.

I'm on a mission to get in amazing shape. Starting day one of P90X today, I am so pumped. Anyone else ever do P90x or is doing it?

I've heard great things about it. Quite frankly the best thing about the program is it teaches people to eat right. Proper carbs/fats/protein portions every meal and how to keep your metabolism going. I currently have incorporated Plyometrics into my weight lifting routine and feel it is getting more defined pretty quickly.

It can get very intense but essentially it gets you to eat right. Once you get that "fixed" and incorporate it into your everday life you're well on your way to getting into amazing shape.

For additional resources checkout Bodybuilding.com. They have lots of articles. Just be careful about supplements and people pumping up supplements. Good luck, I'm sure you don't have a lot to work on but never lose focus on what you said here, that you want to get into amazing shape.

I've heard great things about it. Quite frankly the best thing about the program is it teaches people to eat right. Proper carbs/fats/protein portions every meal and how to keep your metabolism going. I currently have incorporated Plyometrics into my weight lifting routine and feel it is getting more defined pretty quickly.

It can get very intense but essentially it gets you to eat right. Once you get that "fixed" and incorporate it into your everday life you're well on your way to getting into amazing shape.

For additional resources checkout Bodybuilding.com. They have lots of articles. Just be careful about supplements and people pumping up supplements. Good luck, I'm sure you don't have a lot to work on but never lose focus on what you said here, that you want to get into amazing shape.

My boyfriend is one of those meathead nerds on Bodybuilding.com, :rl:....you too?

My boyfriend is one of those meathead nerds on Bodybuilding.com, :rl:....you too?

Yup!!! I enjoy the articles and I get good prices on my supplements, mainly protein and multivitamins.

I actually have it to have my "before and after" pictures up... whenever I feel unmotivated I just look at that and am like DAMN I WAS FAT, stop whining and get to the gym :)

Nothing works better than a healthy sensible diet, lifting weights and at least 5 days of intense cardio/pilates.

That's what I was basically getting at, it teaches you HOW to eat. Like really eat, not just buying things that say "lo-carb".

Although I hate cardio, I do 3 days weight training and rather then rest mix in the plyometrics to keep my heart rate up, killer workout :)

I know someone who did it. Of course, he was the type who would just slack off whenever he felt like it. And he would go out and drink a lot which is a huge no-no in that type of program. He just thought it would do the job no matter what he did.

Me, I just eat fairly healthy, go to the gym regularly, and use only whey protein. You're not going to get immediate results out of that, but over the span of a year or two I've gotten into great shape.

Actually it's the same ****. dying skinny or fat at 35 means you're dead. Living healthy until 80 is where it is at.

Getting old is overrated, so says my grandmother.

"Old age is dark and unkind"

I'd rather live fast and die @ 35 than be old and decrepit hunched and wrinkled. But thats just me.

Getting old is overrated, so says my grandmother.

"Old age is dark and unkind"

I'd rather live fast and die @ 35 than be old and decrepit hunched and wrinkled. But thats just me.

So then live a pointless and meaningless vapid live expecting to die at 35 and be miserable and feeble at 50 and then live another 30 years.

I know someone who did it. Of course, he was the type who would just slack off whenever he felt like it. And he would go out and drink a lot which is a huge no-no in that type of program. He just thought it would do the job no matter what he did.

Me, I just eat fairly healthy, go to the gym regularly, and use only whey protein. You're not going to get immediate results out of that, but over the span of a year or two I've gotten into great shape.

+1

For me all I use is whey, a multivitamin and dextrose sugar for post-workouts.

Although I do p90x more so then other programs teaches you the right way and can set people on the right path for life.

Sounds awesome. What flavors does it come in. I'll try it.

As I read this thread I was shoveling the end of the Dorito bag down my gullet. And just when I turn the bag upside down to make sure I get every crum, I read this and spit it all up on my computer.

Oh, and I've never felt fatter while eating and reading this this. I'm gonna go do a sit up.

Archived