P90x

Jets Babe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

She screwed up her rotator cuff a week or 2 ago dont think she is doing it now - all I know this thing takes total commitment every day for 90 days - Since I work 12 hour shifts I could never commit to such a workout regime. Good luck anyway but since you have another kid on the way it could be difficult for you mixing things up.

She screwed up her rotator cuff a week or 2 ago dont think she is doing it now - all I know this thing takes total commitment every day for 90 days - Since I work 12 hour shifts I could never commit to such a workout regime. Good luck anyway but since you have another kid on the way it could be difficult for you mixing things up.

He's right, I'm Chad Pennington-ing right now. (No surgery needed though, thank goodness)

It takes a ton of commitment, but I have heard a ton of success stories with guys in law enforcement. I am a full-time student, intern, and I also work at my job about 30 hours a week. I made it work to fit my schedule...I did the P90x workouts about every other day and rotated it out with cardio or tennis.

I plan to get back into it after my shoulder (and liver, my bday is in 4 days!) fully heals.

He's right, I'm Chad Pennington-ing right now. (No surgery needed though, thank goodness)

It takes a ton of commitment, but I have heard a ton of success stories with guys in law enforcement. I am a full-time student, intern, and I also work at my job about 30 hours a week. I made it work to fit my schedule...I did the P90x workouts about every other day and rotated it out with cardio or tennis.

I plan to get back into it after my shoulder (and liver, my bday is in 4 days!) fully heals.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I bet you could still throw a ball further then Chad.

• 3 months later...

mid life crises must really suck.

anyway started my own diet - exercise deal myself so far so good --

I stopped beer pasta bread and potatoes with semi regular workout deal and lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks

w/out really trying -- but then again I only need to drop about 15- 20 lbs total and work my way back up muscle wise -- Good luck to you I just can not commit my self to p90x due my work sked

when you work 12 hour days the motivation is not so easy.

You don't need any gimmiky routines to get in shape. It all starts with your diet, if thats not in order, then your wasting your time. Get your diet right, go for a run a few times a week and watch the amazing changes just from that. ONce you do that for a couple months, then start working body weight exercises into your routine, and then the real body transformation begins...... Trust me, this is from years of experience, if you have any specific questions, just ask.

You don't need any gimmiky routines to get in shape. It all starts with your diet, if thats not in order, then your wasting your time. Get your diet right, go for a run a few times a week and watch the amazing changes just from that. ONce you do that for a couple months, then start working body weight exercises into your routine, and then the real body transformation begins...... Trust me, this is from years of experience, if you have any specific questions, just ask.

+1billion.

If anything P90x does try to push the diet first, which is probably a large reason for the success people see from it. But if you don't clean up your diet and find out what kind of diet works for you, you'll never get into the shape you want.

For me it's been a year long journey and I'm still not at exactly where I want to be but I'm VERY happy with the changes. Nothing can supplement hard work and diet.

I haven't tried it myself, but a buddy of mine (41 yrs old) did P90X last winter and was ripped by the time summer rolled around. His BMI was something like 28 before he started, and he was downright toned at the end. He said the hardest things to do were the yoga exercises.

+1billion.

If anything P90x does try to push the diet first, which is probably a large reason for the success people see from it. But if you don't clean up your diet and find out what kind of diet works for you, you'll never get into the shape you want.

For me it's been a year long journey and I'm still not at exactly where I want to be but I'm VERY happy with the changes. Nothing can supplement hard work and diet.

Agree!

Let me add that what you do with your diet and work outs HAS to be something you can stick with your whole life and not seem like a punishment.

Archived