Gholston manhandled by Rams rookie

crashingjet

Ouch, this can't be good for the Jets.

The Rams' first-round draft choice is playing extensively at right tackle. I have not seen any obvious errors. Early in the game, Smith stood quite upright before some pass plays and once when he had to pull across the formation. He cleared out Vernon Gholston and nearly lifted him off the ground on one play, only to hold Gholston (without getting flagged) when Gholston recovered and tried to chase the play. The Rams successfully ran behind Smith for a short-yardage conversion late in the third quarter.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2009/8/15/990241/what-theyre-saying-about-the-rams

He cleared out Vernon Gholston and nearly lifted him off the ground on one play, only to hold Gholston (without getting flagged) when Gholston recovered and tried to chase the play.

I'm no Gholston fan at this stage but really, a report that a first round rookie held him is supposed to be some sort of indictment?

This troll attempt is about as weak as last year's AFCe Champion.

we are talking about a position where a guy who makes 10 impact plays a year is a superstar. There's not going to be a sack on every play... in fact the OL should win every single battle.

The real question here is why Jason Smith can't unseat Goldberg? the guy is a 2 overall pick and he's running on 2nd team right tackle? not good.

The real question here is why Jason Smith can't unseat Goldberg? the guy is a 2 overall pick and he's running on 2nd team right tackle? not good.

No, the real question is why every linebacker we lined up on the strong side played like such crap against those losers.

Say what you want about Gholston, but cherry-picking one play from a preseason game proves nothing. By way of counterexample: there was also the play where Gholston stood up the Rams' starting RT and RG and held his ground, allowing David Harris to blow by them untouched and sack Bulger.

Of course, that play doesn't count because GHOULSTEN IS TEH SUXXORZ LOLZ!!!!!11one!

Say what you want about Gholston, but cherry-picking one play from a preseason game proves nothing. By way of counterexample: there was also the play where Gholston stood up the Rams' starting RT and RG and held his ground, allowing David Harris to blow by them untouched and sack Bulger.

Of course, that play doesn't count because GHOULSTEN IS TEH SUXXORZ LOLZ!!!!!11one!

crashingjet manhandled by dbatesman.

I'm no Gholston fan at this stage but really, a report that a first round rookie held him is supposed to be some sort of indictment?

This troll attempt is about as weak as last year's AFCe Champion.

Exactly.

Plus, the rookie committed a penalty, wasn't called, and then the Troll turns that into being manhandled???

My lord, you are one annoying ****sucking, ****, douchnozzle, *******, mother****er, ****** idiot.

I don't know why you sugar coat things. Maybe someday you'll be able to express your true feelings.

crashingjet manhandled by dbatesman.

Eh, not really. dbatesman didn't post a link, so his example could be made up.

Not to worry. I'm sure we will cut him and the dolphags will scoop him up and you'll be singing his praises.

Now shut the f up.

We only sign the GOOD players that the Jets cut, not the bad ones.

I think its time crashingjet faces some facts. Playoff appearances since 2000:

Jets: 4 (2-4 record)

Dolphins: 3 (1-3 record)

The Dolphins have lost their last 3 playoff games (2000, 2001 & 2008) by a combined score of 74 to 12.

In 2000 they advanced to the Divisional round and were shutout by the Raiders to the tune of 27-0.

What makes it even funnier is that the last 2 (2001 & 2008) losses were at home by a combined score of 47-12.

I'm such a nice guy I didn't even mention the 62-7 arse kicking in the '99 playoffs :P

Somebodys feeling ****y with the return of his QB. God I can't wait till Taylor puts him on his ass... I'm not worried about ancient history, if I was I'd remind you that Miami has won more division titles than NE and also has more players in the hall of fame than they do. However, I'm looking to the future, which looks bright and sunny.

Oh, and at least we made the playoffs last year :rolleyes:

I think its time crashingjet faces some facts. Playoff appearances since 2000:

Jets: 4 (2-4 record)

Dolphins: 3 (1-3 record)

The Dolphins have lost their last 3 playoff games (2000, 2001 & 2008) by a combined score of 74 to 12.

In 2000 they advanced to the Divisional round and were shutout by the Raiders to the tune of 27-0.

What makes it even funnier is that the last 2 (2001 & 2008) losses were at home by a combined score of 47-12.

I'm such a nice guy I didn't even mention the 62-7 arse kicking in the '99 playoffs :P

:Nuts:

:bwahaharoll:

Eh, not really. dbatesman didn't post a link, so his example could be made up.

It "could be made up"? That's it? That's all you've got?

Either the Jets, Rams, and CBS crew were all in on the joke, or the play in question occurred between 10:50 and 10:48 in the first quarter, which is between 00:16 and 00:20 in this video.

Do us all a favor: PM the chowds and ask for some tips on how to troll properly. Until then, stay at the kiddie table where you belong.

Archived